blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 07:42:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272837 Posts in 66758 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  THE Cheltenham Tipster Competition 2014
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: THE Cheltenham Tipster Competition 2014  (Read 43059 times)
MereNovice
Gamesmaster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #390 on: March 15, 2014, 12:45:05 AM »

Thanks for all the kind feedback; it's much appreciated.

I don't have much creative skill but if anyone has ideas for competitions based on other events, I'm happy to administer them if there's enough interest.

We're a bit late for the cricket T20 World Cup but I've run competitions for The Masters (golf), Royal Ascot and The Grand National meeting in previous years.

I can confirm that tikay has had at least one entry in every one of these competitions and has (very surprisingly Smiley ) never won a single penny so they are definitely a +Ev proposition for anyone with a sharp pin.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 12:57:38 AM by MereNovice » Logged

Reigning Blonde Fantasy Ashes and Super League Champions
jakally

View Profile
« Reply #391 on: March 15, 2014, 12:47:58 AM »

Really enjoyed this. Well done Vince.
Liked the wooden spoon prize personally. As long as its lesser than the prizes for the top spots, think its fine.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #392 on: March 15, 2014, 12:59:18 AM »

Thanks for running this Vince, much appreciated!

Think the only improvement would be to make it winner takes all, so we get to see some really crazy results Grin

MereNovice
Gamesmaster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #393 on: March 15, 2014, 01:02:08 AM »

Really enjoyed this. Well done Vince.
Liked the wooden spoon prize personally. As long as its lesser than the prizes for the top spots, think its fine.

Thanks.
Possibly the best approach is to reduce the amount available to wooden spoonists.
I'm definitely undecided as to the best approach.

I feel guilty about the wooden spoon prize but that's mainly because it was proposed by Dubai. Smiley

MereNovice
Gamesmaster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #394 on: March 15, 2014, 01:02:50 AM »

Thanks for running this Vince, much appreciated!

Think the only improvement would be to make it winner takes all, so we get to see some really crazy results Grin

You are such a degen. Smiley

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #395 on: March 15, 2014, 01:04:08 AM »

I like the idea of a wooden spoon prize but I think that rather than take money from the prize-pool the "winners" should each give Vince £20.

Well done to Jim and all of the winners and thanks to Vince for his usual excellent work which has seen the enormous growth in popularity of these events.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #396 on: March 15, 2014, 10:25:35 AM »

Just to echo everyone else really, Vince, & say "thank you".

Really, it could not have been better, from start to finish. Your organisational skills are supreme, you handled it perfectly from start to finish.

A 27 page thread on blonde, & no bad blood or shouty-wouty stuff? Must be a first.

Tremendous fun.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #397 on: March 15, 2014, 10:31:05 AM »

gutted i missed this

Looks like yet another superb job from Mere one of the unsung blonde member

well done to the winners
lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #398 on: March 15, 2014, 05:49:16 PM »

Feel pretty annoyed because for the final day I was really busy and forgot to send in my submissions. Had them ready to send including the 33/1 Lord Windermere. was halves with a mate so he's not a happy chappy as we would've claimed 2nd.

Thanks for running it Novice!

<3 ENSUING
stato_1 said, "banoffee pie i reckon"
stato_1 said, "this is delicious"
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #399 on: March 15, 2014, 05:58:20 PM »

Feel pretty annoyed because for the final day I was really busy and forgot to send in my submissions. Had them ready to send including the 33/1 Lord Windermere. was halves with a mate so he's not a happy chappy as we would've claimed 2nd.

Thanks for running it Novice!

Lord Windermere only returned 20/1 SP I believe so maybe you'd have bubbled.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #400 on: March 17, 2014, 08:43:22 AM »

One of those Entrants who finished plum last, & so scooped £20.60, has kindly donated his winnings to the "keep blonde running fund". I have now received this cash in my Bank Account.

That is very thoughtful, & much appreciated.

Effectively, that would go into my pocket, as an offset against the £225 monthly costs of the site server "Host".

It seems a little uncomfortable to accept that. If you'd managed £225, that might be another matter of course.....Wink

I'll therefore donate the £20.60 to EITHER the next Tipping Comp that Mere runs, OR any Community competition on blonde, as & when.

Remind me please, or I'll forget. I will. 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #401 on: March 17, 2014, 09:59:38 AM »

One of those Entrants who finished plum last, & so scooped £20.60, has kindly donated his winnings to the "keep blonde running fund". I have now received this cash in my Bank Account.

Effectively, that would go into my pocket, as an offset against the £225 monthly costs of the site server "Host".

It seems a little uncomfortable to accept that. If you'd managed £225, that might be another matter of course.....Wink

I'll therefore donate the £20.60 to EITHER the next Tipping Comp that Mere runs, OR any Community competition on blonde, as & when.

Very honourable from whoever sent that to you Tikay, as such I think you should do the honourable thing (no offence intended) and keep the money for the purpose it was sent to you for. Someone has made a donation for a specific reason, why should you feel uncomfortable about it? (Rhetorical really as I suppose most people would) however the intention is to help keep blonde running not to put it back into a tipping comp for someone else to win. If running blonde costs you money then you should accept all the donations you can. Blonde is a great place and if people want to help you should let them.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #402 on: March 17, 2014, 10:02:33 AM »

Very honourable from whoever sent that to you Tikay, as such I think you should do the honourable thing (no offence intended) and keep the money for the purpose it was sent to you for. Someone has made a donation for a specific reason, why should you feel uncomfortable about it? (Rhetorical really as I suppose most people would) however the intention is to help keep blonde running not to put it back into a tipping comp for someone else to win. If running blonde costs you money then you should accept all the donations you can. Blonde is a great place and if people want to help you should let them.

Yes, I take the point, but it just feels a bit "off" pocketing the money. There is  no formal "fund" or Account I can put it into, & so no accountability.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #403 on: March 17, 2014, 10:15:00 AM »

Lovely gesture from whoever it was. Put it towards next month's bill as instructed. You're currently holding it on trust, so follow the instruction.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #404 on: March 17, 2014, 10:19:26 AM »

Lovely gesture from whoever it was. Put it towards next month's bill as instructed. You're currently holding it on trust, so follow the instruction.

I can confirm that the donor was NOT Eso Kral.

It could not be, as he did not win anything. Mid-Table Man, him, Mr Mediocre.

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: