blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 12:12:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2274191 Posts in 66765 Topics by 16731 Members
Latest Member: Airdraken
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Jeeves, at your service with an RSQ
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Jeeves, at your service with an RSQ  (Read 11130 times)
Jeeves

View Profile
« on: March 04, 2014, 10:18:33 AM »

Good morning

Reticent as I am it falls to me to defend the honour of a damsel in distress, who does not wish to set an RSQ. I blame her parents. No backbone, children these days

I was one of four joint winners.

I doubt my former employer, and joint winner last time, would be capable. Too busy polishing his contribution to British Poker award. Notice the power behind the throne received no such award. Twas ever thus.

No one wants Mr Daniel Lyndsey-Phillips to set another one either

So here I am. I have taken a day off next Monday from my current employ, with a Mr Ulliott of Humberside

The Quiz will be Monday 10th March at 8pm. Answers PMed to me by midday Monday 10th March.

The score for each question is the number of people who give that answer.

The most popular answer is the sheep.

Incorrect answers receive the sheep score plus 5 points, except for Question one where scoring is as described.

Lowest score wins.

Using Google, wiki, or other research is not allowed.

You may choose to pass up to two questions and will receive 0 points for that question.

1. Mr David Ulliott travels from Hull to DTD and back for a festival of poker. He travels by Hummer. According to the man himself, it uses a tank of petrol on the return journey. How much does it cost him (or his manservant who stands at the pump for hours while it dispenses) to fill up said Hummer?

(Points for this question. Within £10 of the actual total = 0, Within £20 = 2 points, Within £40 = 4 points, Within £60 = 8 points. Outside £60 = Number of entries plus 5)

2. Name a TV or Film in which Stephen (passable imitation of Jeeves) Fry has received an acting credit. Not a presenting credit, an acting credit

3. Give a Forename that can be used by either a Male or a Female (if I am in doubt, you will be required to provide search engine evidence of the name in male and female use)

4. Give the name of a butler in TV, film or book fiction

5. Give the title of a domestic service position as shown in either/or Upstairs Downstairs or Downton Abbey. The employment position has to appear in one of those two programmes. We all know testicle fluffers exist, but not for this answer please

6. Give the name of a country which was an Allied Power during World War One, as described by wikipedia

7.  Shown below are Six famous English Stately homes. Name one

(Answers should be in the form of 7a=tikay's house, for example)

A

Click to see full-size image.

B

C

D

E

F

8 Give the name of a person who is or has been a Spouse to the heir to the British Throne in the last 100 years

9 Name a London Landmark that can be found on or beside the London Marathon course (has to be visible on close up TV coverage and not via helicopter only)

10 Internet search engine Ask Jeeves compiled what it called a top 10 of "unanswerables" in the past decade, in 2010. The list is based on some 1.1 billion queries made on the site since its launch in 2000.

There are 11 Questions below, Name the one that is not in the 10 unanswerables

a. What is the meaning of life?

b. Is there a God?

c. Do blondes have more fun?

d. What is the best diet?

e. Is there anybody out there?

f. Who is the most famous person in the world?

g. What is love?

h. What is the secret to happiness?

i. Did Tony Soprano die?

j. How long will I live?

k. Is there an afterlife?

Points: Normal scoring AND -10 points for getting the correct answer

A few paces behind, one step to the left.

Follow me on twitter: @jeevesfortikay
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2014, 10:41:27 AM »

Farcetastic questions. In.
Redsgirl

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 01:21:06 PM »

Hurrah! It was worth being branded an invertebrate to get such absolutely spiffing questions!

I will of course enter, only I can't believe I am going to be away for what surely will be one of the greatest reveals in RSQ history.  Cry

I will try to view on my crappy phone but probably only as a guest, so I will be objecting using mind power alone.
If you feel the beginnings of a migraine come reveal night Jeeves, you know who it is.

If a man speaks in a forest and no woman is there to hear him, is he still wrong?
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2014, 05:01:15 PM »

From the ridiculous to the sublime

The good news for me is that I have zero chance of winning, will obviously enter though.

Well done Jeeves. What Ho!

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2014, 09:01:44 PM »

Will punt at this.
Redsgirl

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2014, 09:52:50 PM »

Hi Jeeves, sorry but I need you to clarify question 8 for me.
What do you mean by heir to the British throne? First in line only? Those that have become King/Queen?

If a man speaks in a forest and no woman is there to hear him, is he still wrong?
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2014, 10:31:29 PM »

What do you mean by heir to the British throne? First in line only? Those that have become King/Queen?

There is only one heir: the heir apparent; the next in line to the throne at any one time.

Going to have to work harder on the objections Smiley

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2014, 12:23:47 AM »

There is only one heir: the heir apparent; the next in line to the throne at any one time.

That's partly correct - there is only one heir at a time, but you don't have to be heir apparent to be first in line. For example, the current Queen was never heir apparent.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2014, 12:31:06 AM »

That's partly correct - there is only one heir at a time, but you don't have to be heir apparent to be first in line. For example, the current Queen was never heir apparent.

You are right. Apologies. Tail between legs accordingly.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Jeeves

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2014, 09:55:39 AM »

First in line only. Their partner does not have to be King yet.

Redsgirl

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2014, 04:33:16 PM »

You are right. Apologies. Tail between legs accordingly.

This is me working on my objections Tal, only I like to be sure what I'm objecting to.  Wink

Thanks MintTrav, that's why I was wondering, because the heir apparent apparently doesn't always make it to the throne.  Smiley

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2014, 07:35:56 PM »

too much thinking for me

if i get 10 minutes spare too read this i will but prefered the back to basic stuff

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Jeeves

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2014, 10:01:51 AM »

too much thinking for me

if i get 10 minutes spare too read this i will but prefered the back to basic stuff

This is a perfectly straightforward, basic quiz sir

Everyone should know an answer, or be capable of educated guesses, on every question and you have two passes

HutchGF

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2014, 06:03:12 PM »

Too hard for me, apologies but I'll be missing this one.

Would need about 5 passes, being very poor at History and general butler related tomfoolery.
Redsgirl

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2014, 11:10:20 AM »

In.

Any chance of an entry list when you've done buttling for the day?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: