blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:53:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Shot Clocks in Live Poker. The way forward?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Shot Clocks in Live Poker. The way forward?  (Read 5774 times)
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2014, 10:09:07 PM »

Of course u should be able to call it in cash. When someone takes forever every hand why should they waste my time messing about or tanking when they nearly always fold but don't want to? It's even worse if it's a timecharge game.

That's not when the clock is usually called though, is it?  Like in the situation I mentioned above, I had a big decision on one hand - and it was the player who was holding the play up every hand who called the clock on me.  Isn't that usually the case?

Also, it was a cash game at DTD - so not timecharged.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
madlondoner

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 15, 2014, 01:06:50 AM »

I don't think anyone is opposed to people taking time when facing a tough decision. Guy said u should never call the clock in cash. I disagree.
madlondoner

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 15, 2014, 04:35:22 PM »

I think shot clocks would actually be a really bad idea as they would make the game too regimented. I think instead people need to clock call a lot more.
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2014, 07:14:55 PM »

I don't think anyone is opposed to people taking time when facing a tough decision. Guy said u should never call the clock in cash. I disagree.

No time constraints in cash, and the long decisions are often huge pots. You dont need some bloke youve never met before calling a clock on you when you have a 1k pot to decide on. And its always the people who arent regs/ new to the table. Mates/ regs rarely call the clock ive found.

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: