blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:56:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Arsenal vs chelsea (spoiler if youre avoiding the score)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Arsenal vs chelsea (spoiler if youre avoiding the score)  (Read 8554 times)
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2014, 03:43:22 PM »

The shot was not on target ergo it should only have been a yellow anyway as it did not prevent a clear goalscoring opportunity.

Disagree with this in some respects.

If Ox didn't know that it wasn't going wide he shouldn't be allowed to rely upon that fact to save himself.

And he obviously didn't Smiley

Yeah I agree, he tried to cheat, should be sent off imo.

I think that's a little harsh.

He actually tried to dive and head it and then instinctively thrust a hand out to tip it when he couldn't reach it with his head. I don't believe it was a premeditated dive to handle the ball.

Is that really an instinctive reaction ?
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2014, 04:14:04 PM »

Lol instinctive. Blatant deliberate handball. Deffo red

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2014, 04:52:01 PM »

The shot was not on target ergo it should only have been a yellow anyway as it did not prevent a clear goalscoring opportunity.

Disagree with this in some respects.

If Ox didn't know that it wasn't going wide he shouldn't be allowed to rely upon that fact to save himself.

And he obviously didn't Smiley

Yeah I agree, he tried to cheat, should be sent off imo.

I think that's a little harsh.

He actually tried to dive and head it and then instinctively thrust a hand out to tip it when he couldn't reach it with his head. I don't believe it was a premeditated dive to handle the ball.

Instinct or otherwise he obviously did it because he thought the ball was going in.

Seems pretty obvious and 'equitable' that he can't now rely on the fact it was going wide to avoid a red card. Obviously in this case it's moot because the red card simply transfers in cases of mistaken identity but generally  i think this should be the rule.
dan

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2014, 06:37:57 PM »

The FA have confirmed that both Kieran Gibbs and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain are free to be selected by Arsenal for tomorrow’s game against Swansea.

Referee Andre Marriner mistakenly sent off the left-back after Oxlade-Chamberlain’s handball and after appealing both the wrongful dismissal and the red card itself, Arsene Wenger can call on both players tomorrow.

In a statement, the FA said:

An Independent Regulatory Commission today heard two claims from Arsenal, one of mistaken identity and the other of wrongful dismissal, both in relation to Saturday’s game against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.

The commission ruled that the dismissal of Kieran Gibbs was a case of mistaken identity and transferred this to his team-mate Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain.

Subsequent to deciding this matter, the commission then considered Arsenal’s claim for wrongful dismissal in relation to Oxlade-Chamberlain. This claim was upheld, meaning Oxlade-Chamberlain will not serve any suspension with the standard punishment withdrawn with immediate effect.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2014, 06:43:21 PM »

Missed opportunity to dent G2L's finances I reckon.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Waz1892

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2014, 07:12:17 PM »

Neither player banned. Didnt see that one coming!

Carpe Diem
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2014, 07:17:07 PM »

Im quite surprised the do good brigade haven't been up in arms  and asking for the ref to be hanged for getting two black guys mixed up!

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2014, 07:18:56 PM »

Arsene knows, he said he was confident of no ban.

Cue tirade from BigAngst.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2014, 07:22:35 PM »

Arsene knows, he said he was confident of no ban.

Cue tirade from BigAngst.

Why the hate?

Just because I am being proved right. There's just noooo neeeeeed.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2014, 07:50:17 PM »

He obviously cheated. Just like all players cheat all game. Its an obvious yellow rather than red.

What it does show is how completely their heads had gone by then that he was trying a diving save..felt sorry for him in terms of where his head must have been at to do that.

sola virtus nobilitat
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2014, 08:07:44 PM »

He obviously cheated. Just like all players cheat all game. Its an obvious yellow rather than red.

What it does show is how completely their heads had gone by then that he was trying a diving save..felt sorry for him in terms of where his head must have been at to do that.

His head was just a touch further from the ball than his arm...

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2014, 09:06:37 PM »

And Andre Marriner not banned either.

Seems real.

Re Ox not being banned - gg big club bias. If he played for Southampton he's getting a three game ban there all day.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2014, 09:06:59 PM »

His head was just a touch further from the ball than his arm...

Haha, so true :-)

sola virtus nobilitat
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2014, 09:07:28 PM »

Why is it an obvious yellow?

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2014, 09:09:11 PM »

Delib hand ballers is a yellow no ?

sola virtus nobilitat
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: