blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:29:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  JJ in the BB, facing a raise from good player last level of the day
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: JJ in the BB, facing a raise from good player last level of the day  (Read 2940 times)
wazz

View Profile
« on: March 24, 2014, 10:42:36 PM »

After flagging a bit in the middle of the day I'm now back to peak energy and concentration and have no interest in coasting to day 2, even though my table draw was somewhat tough.

Villain is Marc-Andre Ladouceur or frenchdawg for those who know him online. We haven't played together online or in person before this event. He got caught making one fairly big bluff, I've been caught making several bluffs that I thought were actually pretty good and was unlucky to be called, but my frequencies have probably looked a bit too high. Just recently he opened, guy to his left (another very good player) called, I squeezed from the SB, he folded, the other player 4b and i 5bjammed (I had AQs) and he tank-folded saying he wanted to make a hero-call, so I should look very active preflop. He's also been very active preflop and has shown down some marginal holdings.

3/600/75, I have a little over 36k and he covers. There's been some discussion of open-limping AA, the guy to his left has open-limped a ton, I have some as well, so as he's about to open on my BB I jokingly say 'aww cmon, man, open-limp this hand!' obviously before I've seen my cards, as he cuts out a raise to 1300. Folds round to me. I say to him 'I'm gonna look at my cards and if I have a hand, I'll have to put my sunglasses on'. Obviously this doesn't really add anything to the dynamic, really, it's just for lols, but there's a chance that's playing in his head. FWIW I never really talk after I've seen my cards unless I'm very comfortable but like to try to get tells from people at this point, especially towards the end of the day when everyone's tired and perhaps they're letting their guard down a little.

I look down at JJ and put my sunglasses on. They're really cool sunglasses. I 3bet to 4,100. He's been taking a long time over many of his decisions and raises to 7,200. I 5b to 11k planning to call a snap a jam. Instead he makes it 15k which I feel is very weird - like 42% of effective stacks? I think I might be able to fold at this point. Calling is obviously out of the question. I don't know whether he has a bluff-range with this sizing - I have to assume not, but then again, if my range is QQ+ to get it in he has a (only very slightly) correct fold with any AXo other thank AK.

He's been quite aggro preflop and has cold 4b-folded by this point. With my aggro image, do I just have to go with this?
gouty

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2014, 11:13:21 PM »

This is a tough decision. Really need pics of sunglasses to comprehend your opponents image of you, this could be somewhere between Huggy Bear and Stevie Wonder.

By the sound of your previous hands you are hugely under repped and should get the lot in now.

Fkn mint pha. I am gonna grab my Cincinatti Kid cd right now. Whooooooop!
lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2014, 11:16:50 PM »

Is he on the button or UTG? You've not said what position he's in.

For this argument I'll assume he's EP. 3bet obv standard here and it's a bit gay he's 4bet as it puts us in a bit of a tough spot but I'm not folding. Not really a fan of the 5bet because it puts you in this predicament. If you peel the 4b then you can check jam a lot of boards and make extra money from his cbets.

When you 5b and he click 6b's I'm going with it though, I think folding at this point would be making two mistakes in one street.

<3 ENSUING
stato_1 said, "banoffee pie i reckon"
stato_1 said, "this is delicious"
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2014, 11:45:57 PM »

I'd actually flat pre, if I was 3betting then I'd def make it way smaller you just over 3x 3bet ith 50bbs. I'd maybe make it 3250. If I decide to 3bet pre flop it's definitely not with the intention of folding. I want to give him room to 4/6 so like clicking it once more too.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
wazz

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2014, 11:52:12 PM »

He opened from UTG+1.

Pads I > 3xed it because I'm oop and I should have a reasonably strong range for 3betting from the BB vs an UTG+1 open so want to get more € in there.

Pic of me looking cool in the sunnies:

youthnkzR

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2014, 11:56:19 PM »

Am unsure if hes gonna be messing around after you 3bet so huge. Especially when you over 3x 3b then click it back 5b OOP. Seems pretty strong to me.

Also something you may / may not have taken into consideration is the way you've stacked your chips (e.g. if u have lots of ante chips - which seems likely as you claim to have been active) then hes very possibly miscalculated your stack and thinks you have more than you actually do. (I mean this could work either way i.e. he thinks he's room to 6b / f without pricing himself in, or hes 'giving you rope'. Or even if he's calculated your stack correctly its very possible he thinks you have a 'blow up' in you and are capable of levelling yourself.

Another thing is people are peeling tons more / 3betting less from the BB in MTTs nowadays compared to a year ago. Which means your less likely to have as wide of a 3b bluffing range from the BB. I'd be much happier about getting it in with this hand if we were in the SB instead of BB.

IMO we should fold, really not expecting someone who is good to have a CIB 6b bluffing range vs our >3x 3bet / CIB 5b from the BB. (But this is all theory - In game when we have a limited time period to make a decision as vital as this it may be different).
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2014, 11:58:51 PM »

I don't get why calling is out of the question here.  You have odds to set mine without even taking into account any implied odds, so calling must be better than folding.  

I just call pre a lot of the time to his open.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
youthnkzR

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2014, 12:01:38 AM »

Fwiw tho im also in the flat pre gang.
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2014, 12:56:14 AM »

Its a flat pre for me too, just don't think that there are many good things that can happen when we 3b here vs described villain. Especially given your perceived splashiness I'm struggling to think that villain thinks that he's getting many folds when he just clicks back vs your huge 3b of an UTG1 open.

mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2014, 01:04:39 AM »

as played though is everyone just putting it in now?

(agree that flat 2b pre seems best)
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2014, 02:29:07 AM »

Also defending here joke wide, jj plays tremendously and when we flop jxx it's v v dry a lot of the time and can rep bullshit

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
youthnkzR

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2014, 10:00:06 AM »

as played though is everyone just putting it in now?

(agree that flat 2b pre seems best)

I fold.
Honeybadger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2014, 06:36:37 PM »

Think you've got to keep in mind that his range is going to be hugely affected by your stunningly sexy attire. He will undoubtedly be intimidated by your coolness, and the fact that you both know he is outmatched fashion-wise should allow you to easily read his hand. No way would he dare take on that bow-tie/beard/hair/sunglasses/suit combination with less than Aces IMO. And he'd probably need the Ace of Spades in his hand too, given the amazing moustache. I realise that narrowing his range to only three combos seems ridiculous. But when you dress as well as this anything is possible.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 06:55:41 PM by Honeybadger » Logged
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2014, 08:27:20 PM »

Call pre originally, call 4b as played. Dunno what to do now, flip a coin and decide. Obscene outfit too btw.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
Sulphur man

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2014, 02:11:05 AM »

Reading through the PHA you post up is such a pleasure Wazz. Legend.
Don't think I recall a 7bet yet in my time on Blonde quality. 

I've never played any game, or done anything that was so powerful at making you believe that you 'owned' it... before making you realize that you actually don't.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: