blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 04:18:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272716 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Off The Felt with Dan Bilzerian
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Off The Felt with Dan Bilzerian  (Read 18459 times)
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2014, 02:34:15 PM »

If he hasn't "won" $50M or whatever then he's pretty dumb shouting off about it as a US Citizen. Or maybe he thinks the IRS don't use the internet or follow blogs? Cheesy

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
Mark_Porter

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2014, 02:41:47 PM »

Click to see full-size image.

Obv very into his fine art..
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2014, 02:59:09 PM »

He plays in games against businessmen where the big blind is 25k with straddles etc he's playing in games where pros rent allowed to play against some of the richest gamblers in America. Making absolute chunks.

Not suggesting he doesn't play in big games and isn't winning.  I don't know but the idea that he has won $50m in these games is laughable and just doesn't add up.  I just read his cardplayer interview and he said 10k-25k was the biggest he had played and that he won 10.9m one night playing 5k-10k.  I assume these games are fairly rare so you would need an insane win rate but even if he was that good there are so many other things that make no sense in his "backstory".  Surely if you were a huge winner in huge games with no pro's allowed you would be fairly circumspect about it and certainly wouldn't be having cameras following you doing documentaries on how you were this balla poker pro.  In my life I have known a lot of gamblers including a lot of professionals and the golden rule is generally that nobody has as much money or is making as much as everybody thinks they are.  There is the odd exception.  Tony Bloom, for example, was making more than even I could imagine but those that were making more almost always got it very quietly, they had to in order not to kill the golden goose.  My guess would be that Barry is right and that he has access to significant money from his trust fund and is blowing that and playing poker when he feels like it and probably doing alright out of it if he is any good but if he is able to make $10-15m a year he is suggesting in the long run I would be amazed.

DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2014, 03:04:28 PM »

He plays in games against businessmen where the big blind is 25k with straddles etc he's playing in games where pros rent allowed to play against some of the richest gamblers in America. Making absolute chunks.

That would make the games bigger than most of the games being played in Macau. We hear enough rumours, reports and gossip from those games, which are shrouded in mystery and privacy, in Macau. However we never hear about these games in Vegas where a huge percentage of the poker community reside, except of course from Dan.

If they existed, there would be threads on 2+2, we would hear so many more stories of big names playing in them etc. Ivey, Dwan, Trickett etc would be there. Ivey would have played with Dan by now, but he says he never has.

I'm not saying these games don't exist, but clearly Dan is massively exaggerating them. I also think Dan is likely the "rich businessman" who are supposed to frequent them.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2014, 03:19:33 PM »

Not suggesting he doesn't play in big games and isn't winning.  I don't know but the idea that he has won $50m in these games is laughable and just doesn't add up.  I just read his cardplayer interview and he said 10k-25k was the biggest he had played and that he won 10.9m one night playing 5k-10k.  I assume these games are fairly rare so you would need an insane win rate but even if he was that good there are so many other things that make no sense in his "backstory".  Surely if you were a huge winner in huge games with no pro's allowed you would be fairly circumspect about it and certainly wouldn't be having cameras following you doing documentaries on how you were this balla poker pro.  In my life I have known a lot of gamblers including a lot of professionals and the golden rule is generally that nobody has as much money or is making as much as everybody thinks they are.  There is the odd exception.  Tony Bloom, for example, was making more than even I could imagine but those that were making more almost always got it very quietly, they had to in order not to kill the golden goose.  My guess would be that Barry is right and that he has access to significant money from his trust fund and is blowing that and playing poker when he feels like it and probably doing alright out of it if he is any good but if he is able to make $10-15m a year he is suggesting in the long run I would be amazed.

They don't let Ivey play, but they let some massive publicity whore play who brags about how he has done them for $50 million.  I pretty much know nobody who enjoys having their misfortune rubbed in their face like Bilzerian does, yet they still show up and hand over their millions. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2014, 03:21:21 PM »

I'm sure he must be talking about private games, home games etc. Can imagine things get pretty insane when there's billionaires mixing in the same circles who all like a bit of poker.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2014, 03:34:44 PM »

They don't let Ivey play, but they let some massive publicity whore play who brags about how he has done them for $50 million.  I pretty much know nobody who enjoys having their misfortune rubbed in their face like Bilzerian does, yet they still show up and hand over their millions. 

It's a bit like a bunch of rich businessmen refusing the chance to play golf with tiger woods but happily letting Justin Bieber play a round with them and act like a little shit throughout.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2014, 03:37:35 PM »

I've got no idea who he plays with, what stakes for, and where he plays. I was only talking about him posting this pic after the WSOP

I gave Jay Farber $2k and he gave me this...

No idea who he plays with, what stakes for, or where he plays, but can't see that he'll be playing for long if he's mugging off everyone in the games Cheesy

Can see that the stakes he is playing are huge from Instagram, where he regularly posts pictures of chipstacks around ~5m
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 03:51:57 PM by Marky147 » Logged

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2014, 03:44:25 PM »

I've got no idea who he plays with, what stakes for, and where he plays. I was only talking about him posting this pic after the WSOP

http://www.assopoker.com/images/stories/poker_news/2013/11/dan-bilzerian-money.jpg

I gave Jay Farber $2k and he gave me this...

No idea who he plays with, what stakes for, or where he plays, but can't see that he'll be playing for long if he's mugging off everyone in the games Cheesy

Can see that the sakes he is playing are huge from Instagram, where he regularly posts pictures of chipstacks around ~5m

He posts photos of his chip stacks from these cash games?

Oh dear.....

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2014, 12:51:18 PM »

IV played a decent amount with him, in Vegas they make it 10handed for him and people literally fly into town to play against him. The reason he mouths off time after time about much he is "winning" from poker (and IV no doubt he is winning a LOT btw) is because he knows full well none of the pro players he lords over have any respect for his game, quite the contrary in fact.

He put pictures of his watch collection on twitter and encouraged others to post pictures of theirs with the tag #100kwatchesonly and he said in an interview he doesn't make friends with poor people because the just hold him back doing stuff.

The man is about as classless as you can be.

Sack it off

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2014, 01:26:01 PM »

I believe he has made $50m from poker, and he will be the biggest nit you know, with no game.

But he rubs shoulders with the richest people in the world, and can host a private game with minimum of $5m buy in.

So he's probably only 10 buy ins up from these games
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2014, 05:59:36 PM »

I believe he has made $50m from poker, and he will be the biggest nit you know, with no game.

But he rubs shoulders with the richest people in the world, and can host a private game with minimum of $5m buy in.

So he's probably only 10 buy ins up from these games

Here's a photo taken at one of these private games.

Click to see full-size image.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2014, 12:43:46 PM »

100% false, he is certainly not a nit.

BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2014, 01:06:04 PM »

Dave his life is how I imagine yours to be just he's on a few more Roids and a few less women

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2014, 01:10:57 PM »

I can see how having no respect for his game isn't the best mindset for playing against him, but still don't get why pros would travel miles to play him if he is really good and winning heaps.  

Kind of like the bluescouse days on Betfair.  He may have been wild and unpredictable, so could win stacks at times. but if your game is fundamentally terrible you are going to lose your money in the end.  I am struggling to remember anyone who attracted big wait lists who wasn't anything over than a loser in the games.  From my brief time on the Omaha cash tables, you saw some very aggressive 3 and 4 bettors who were genuinely very good at the game, but barring a few short stackers, people didn't make any effort to sit in their games.  

I can't see how live can be that different.   If he is really good, and making absolute chunks from people, they realise long before they start travelling to play him.  Surely?

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: