blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:40:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  DTD £250 Deepstack £150k GTD UKIPT Special 30th Apr-4th May incl 50 UKIPT Seats
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD £250 Deepstack £150k GTD UKIPT Special 30th Apr-4th May incl 50 UKIPT Seats  (Read 15312 times)
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 24, 2014, 12:48:24 AM »

How can people seriously be complaining about the current structures?  65% of the field are usually out before the add on which gives you even more value than usual in these sats.  I have played several where you could nearly fold to a seat after buying in at the add on period for 20% of the value of the seat in question and must have been a flip to get a seat every time.  FO sats make it so much harder to win a seat yet no one seems to realise this and you get charged more rake as a % of the prize pool than during rebuy/addon sats.  I actually think these sats are the best value online sats i have ever played in my life on any site for any event ever.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 24, 2014, 01:03:38 AM »

How can people seriously be complaining about the current structures?  65% of the field are usually out before the add on which gives you even more value than usual in these sats.  I have played several where you could nearly fold to a seat after buying in at the add on period for 20% of the value of the seat in question and must have been a flip to get a seat every time.  FO sats make it so much harder to win a seat yet no one seems to realise this and you get charged more rake as a % of the prize pool than during rebuy/addon sats.  I actually think these sats are the best value online sats i have ever played in my life on any site for any event ever.

Yup agree totally.

The thing is many of us are hoping to qualify on the cheap where possible. Yes we do sometimes, but other times you do your bollocks or don't manage to qualify, that's when people ask questions. I doubt there are many better sats online for events like this, people need to realize that you simply aren't going to qualify every time on the cheap, as much as we would like to that just isn't going to happen. I think we get spoilt with these sats on DTD sometimes with the regular overlays and expect too much.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 24, 2014, 09:47:42 AM »

Rob Yong latest blog entry,

UKIPT £250 deepstack thoughts included

http://www.dusktilldawnpoker.com/blog.php?profile=4&id=494

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 24, 2014, 10:02:41 AM »

Click to see full-size image.

http://www.dusktilldawnpoker.com/news/250-deepstack-ukipt-special/2416

My eyes are open wide
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 24, 2014, 12:34:39 PM »

Hmmmmm. I get that they are value if you late register and take an add on and it can get you in cheaper than buying in directly, so that is what I will do from now on. I guess I just prefer starting at the start and trying to get in for 1/10th of the buy in rather than getting in for 35-50% of the buy in.  I also suppose the structures encourage people to work their way up from the base level feeders as a way of getting in really cheap and  getting most value. I am afraid I dont really have time for that
robyong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: April 24, 2014, 06:32:24 PM »

If you don't mind, I have a few observations on satellites;

1. The preference on formats of satellites depend on personal circumstances and bankroll

2. These are the just a few considerations that have to be taken into account

Player 1 "I want early satellites because need to get in bed before 11pm as I have work in the morning"
Player 2 "I don't get in from work till 7pm, need to spend some time with kids and eat dinner, cant really play till 9pm - 10pm"
Players 3 - "I dont have time to play lots of satellites, I want the best chance of qualifying, 1 in 5 please"
Player 4 "I want to get in as cheap as possible, I want to have the chance to invest the minimum, UL Re-Buys please"
Player 5 "I want the choice to invest 1 in 10 or 1 in 5, 1R 1A please"
Player 6 "I can't be sure what time I am going to able to play, longest possible late reg please"
Player 7 "I don't want to be disadvantaged by players with more money than me because I work hard winning tokens, freezouts please"
Player 8 "I like to to sit down for an evening of sats, if I get unlucky, I want to be able to re-buy or at least re-enter"
Player 9 "I only have a hour or so spare, turbo's please"
Player 10 "I just want to flick in and have a punt, I can afford to buy-in, turbo's please"
Player 11 "I am not playing for 1 seat GTD, there is no value, I want value and chance of overlay, minimum 5 seat sats please"
Player 12 "I cant play the event, but I want to win seats for future events, no event only sats please"
Player 13 "I want to play all your live events with a nosebleed GTE, sod the players that can't play, keep the GTE's high and make sats event only"
Player 14 "I have won a seat, can I break in up into smaller amounts as I am running bad and need some bankroll for this weekend"
Player 15 "I work at night, please do sats in the daytime"
Player 16 "Can you do a last chance sat when I get back from the pub, 11pm would be perfect"
Player 17 "I prefer freezouts because I can win tokens for them for 1p, I have no intention of buying in though, 1 in 10 or 1 in 5 freezouts are too expensive up front"
Player 18 "I hate timebanking online, reduce the decision time and timebanks, players are slowing the game down"
Player 19 "I need more time to make decisions, you get way more time live, increase the timebanks please"
Player 20 "I'll only play if there is an overlay"

We have been tweaking sats for 7 years, the reason we never stop tweaking is because it's an impossible job to keep these 20 players happy. It's often a case of "who shouts loudest gets a tweak" but in reality, it should be based on what are most successful with the target market.

On thing that I think is most important, and where some sites often fall down, including DTD, is that the reason for a satellite in the first place is "for a player who cannot afford to buy-in to win a seat", therefore building the tournament numbers. That's the target market, it's pointless when a player who is planning to DBI anyway wins a seat, it's a lose for the operator and a lose for poker overall, the "moneymaker factor" keeps poker tournaments going. We should be gearing our DTD satellites to these people IMO

Cheers Rob
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 06:39:23 PM by robyong » Logged
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 25, 2014, 10:11:45 AM »

From Monday DTD will have 15 seats GTD a night and all will be tokens (valid 120 days)

Details to follow

My eyes are open wide
leethefish

winners never quit quitters never win

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 25, 2014, 06:04:33 PM »

Sorry this has probably been covered !

The £250 next weekend is £150k gtd with 50 ukipt seats

I can't make the ukipt (gutted) so if I finished in top 50 can I save the seat for a future event or two deep stacks ?

Many thanks.

http://www.ljwcarpenter.co.uk       

http://alzheimers.org.uk/

www.ageuk.org.uk/

If you can meet with triumph and disaster And treat those two impostors just the same......yours is the Earth and everything that's in it...And - which is more --you'll be a Man, my son.
Nicola Dusk Till Dawn

£250,000 GTD £60 GRAND PRIX 22ND - 29TH SEPT 2013

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 25, 2014, 10:42:23 PM »

Sorry this has probably been covered !

The £250 next weekend is £150k gtd with 50 ukipt seats

I can't make the ukipt (gutted) so if I finished in top 50 can I save the seat for a future event or two deep stacks ?

Many thanks.

Hi Lee

Yes you can save the £1,100 seat for future £1K events - we'll hopefully be announcing one for later in the year and you can split if necessary too.

Thanks Nic

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 27, 2014, 09:44:38 AM »

5 seats GTD tonight at 9pm

from tomorrow....15 SEATS A NIGHT GTD ONLINE

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 28, 2014, 11:04:16 AM »

Just the 15 UKIPT £250 Deepstack seats for this weekend GTD at 9pm tonight then by DTD

with Penny Rolls from 5pm and feeders all evening to get into the 9pm satellite

this weekend's deepstack special has, of course, 50 UKIPT Seats included in the GTE.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 10:28:40 AM by TightEnd » Logged

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 29, 2014, 10:30:04 AM »

Same again tonight...

15 UKIPT £250 Deepstack seats for this weekend GTD at 9pm

with Penny Rolls from 5pm and feeders all evening to get into the 9pm satellite

this weekend's deepstack special has, of course, 50 UKIPT Seats included in the GTE.

If you tweet using #ukiptdtd, "We are doing a promo where 1 player will win a FREE £1,100 UKIPT seat for using the hashtag #UKIPTDTD."

My eyes are open wide
smurf

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 30, 2014, 08:08:06 AM »

Anyone know what time these online sats are ending...wanted to have a bash tonight but up at 6   
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 30, 2014, 08:44:33 AM »

Want to reserve your seat for the £250 Deepstack UKIPT Special (this week) OR £1,100 UKIPT itself (next week) then buy in viaonline shop - you WILL then be GUARANTEED a seat from the start

SHOP BUY IN
http://www.dtdshop.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=17&vmcchk=1

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 30, 2014, 08:47:53 AM »

First of Two Online Day Ones tonight for the £150,000 UKIPT Deepstack special that runs through to Sunday

Wed 30th April  start 9.00pm  late reg until 10.40pm £250 buy in+1RE 50K chips 16m clock

plus, the 15 seat GTD Satellite again at 9pm with penny rolls and feeders before that

« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 08:53:11 AM by TightEnd » Logged

My eyes are open wide
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: