blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:37:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Irish Open 2014
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Irish Open 2014  (Read 4914 times)
DoubleN
Probation

View Profile
« on: April 08, 2014, 11:50:27 AM »

Hiya everyone,

Just a quick post to find out how many of you are planning on playing the IO this year? Do you think there will be many Brits making the journey?

Thanks,

Double N
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 09:05:57 PM »

Hi NN,

I too am interested in who'll be in Dublin this year as I'm getting a weekend pass from the Shady Grove Updaters' Retirement Home and, along with Danafish, taking on the blog. 

Rumours of technical innovation drift on the breeze, as do those of interesting attendants.  But if anyone from blonde's going, the old-fashioned notebook-and-sympathy-for-bad-beat-stories combo of the live update is yours for the asking, so come say Hi.

I don't remember writing everything that seems to be attributed to my Paddy Power log-in over the last few years (blaming the craic), but I do remember enjoying it immensely.  I also remember Ian Simpson proposing to his girlfriend when he won last year, to a rail that doesn't ever disappear leaving an atmosphere-bereft final (as so disappointingly happens more often than not elsewhere), and I don't know what will top that.  Maybe the winner will announce he/she is the Messiah.

Whatever, it's going to be fun.  Good luck to those playing!

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2014, 08:16:19 AM »

Hi NN,

I too am interested in who'll be in Dublin this year as I'm getting a weekend pass from the Shady Grove Updaters' Retirement Home and, along with Danafish, taking on the blog. 

Rumours of technical innovation drift on the breeze, as do those of interesting attendants.  But if anyone from blonde's going, the old-fashioned notebook-and-sympathy-for-bad-beat-stories combo of the live update is yours for the asking, so come say Hi.

I don't remember writing everything that seems to be attributed to my Paddy Power log-in over the last few years (blaming the craic), but I do remember enjoying it immensely.  I also remember Ian Simpson proposing to his girlfriend when he won last year, to a rail that doesn't ever disappear leaving an atmosphere-bereft final (as so disappointingly happens more often than not elsewhere), and I don't know what will top that.  Maybe the winner will announce he/she is the Messiah.

Whatever, it's going to be fun.  Good luck to those playing!

You, Miss Madcap Mason, write THE most elegant spam.

Post more.

Give my best regards to the equally madcap Dana, please.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2014, 09:31:49 AM »

For those of us not going where can we read updates / watch a live feed ? Please put links up ? Thanks gl all
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2014, 09:50:08 AM »

For those of us not going where can we read updates / watch a live feed ? Please put links up ? Thanks gl all

please don't put links up. blonde is running a live update of the grand prix this weekend :-)

Paddy Power blog for the Irish Open,

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2014, 03:31:53 PM »

The 2014 Paddy Power Poker Irish Open attracted 411 players, with 253 managing to progress to Day 2.

Jonathan Lundy led the stellar cast back into battle at 1:00pm.

Pitt the Yorkshire reports: http://goo.gl/gpbdqi

My eyes are open wide
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2014, 03:33:47 PM »

The 2014 Paddy Power Poker Irish Open attracted 411 players, with 253 managing to progress to Day 2.

Jonathan Lundy led the stellar cast back into battle at 1:00pm.

Pitt the Yorkshire reports: http://goo.gl/gpbdqi

How many played this last year, Tighty?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2014, 03:35:42 PM »

Ian Simpson from Cramlington near Newcastle in England won the 2013 paddypowerpoker.com Irish Open and €265,000.

The Science teacher also won his girlfriend’s hand in marriage when he proposed after winning the prestigious no-limit Texas hold’em tournament at the Burlington Hotel, Dublin.

Simpson’s luck was in again after Emma, whose loyal support was in evidence all weekend, said yes when he took to bended knee and offered her a diamond ring.

Simpson topped the field of 505 players from 29 countries at the €2,000 + €250 buy event and was rewarded with the €265,000 top prize when he beat Irishman Michael Farrelly heads up.

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2014, 11:09:19 AM »

Finnish qualifier Ville Sissonen is out in front of Yoni Kissous (Germany) and Jessie May (USA) coming into Day 3 of the Irish Open in what was a hugely exciting day of poker action in Dublin.

May has long been a worldwide poker ambassador and a huge advocate of the Irish Open. It’s all to play for now with the battle set to continue at 1pm. 51 players remain and 47 will make the money with €200,000 up top.

Paddy Power blog for chip counts

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2014, 10:06:56 AM »

Dublin, Ireland: 21st of April, 2014 – Seven of the final nine players in this year’s Irish Open represent Ireland with Jonathan Lundy and Antoine Smits, representing the UK and the Netherlands, rounding off a table where any one of the remaining players have a very good chance of winning because all involved hold very close chip counts.

The press release does not then give me chip counts, or tell me where to find them.

My eyes are open wide
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2014, 12:46:38 PM »

Chip Counts here:

http://paddypowerpokerblog.wordpress.com/2014/04/21/pollock-leads-the-way-into-the-unofficial-nine-handed-final/
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2014, 05:46:10 PM »

In due deference to prior request, that wasn't me or any of my associates posting that.  But we're hand-for-handing the final in advance of the livestream like one giant spoiler all day. Similarly previous three days.  Craic is, as ever, holding everyone here despite mostly being busted all the way through.  Jon Lundy busted in 8th and doesn't seem to be going anywhere, for example.

Highlights off the tables include: €10k high roller event that went ahead as a heads up between Mark Buckley and Calvin Anderson (Buckley won).  The high rollers then decided to do a €1k arm-wrestle side event (Anderson won).  Later, people were allegedly putting €100 pots up for the masseuses to arm wrestle each other.

The final table is taking place in a boxing ring, with an actual tuxedoed ring announcer; the finalists made their way to the ring in shiny robes with boxing gloves to the theme song from Rocky.  Whenever the level goes up a lady in shorts holds up the new level on a big piece of card.  It's a well-realised vision all round.  We're actually in the ring with them, so can smell the tension as the money jumps increase.  €200k for first!

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2014, 07:36:14 PM »

In due deference to prior request, that wasn't me or any of my associates posting that.  But we're hand-for-handing the final in advance of the livestream like one giant spoiler all day. Similarly previous three days.  Craic is, as ever, holding everyone here despite mostly being busted all the way through.  Jon Lundy busted in 8th and doesn't seem to be going anywhere, for example.

Highlights off the tables include: €10k high roller event that went ahead as a heads up between Mark Buckley and Calvin Anderson (Buckley won).  The high rollers then decided to do a €1k arm-wrestle side event (Anderson won).  Later, people were allegedly putting €100 pots up for the masseuses to arm wrestle each other.

The final table is taking place in a boxing ring, with an actual tuxedoed ring announcer; the finalists made their way to the ring in shiny robes with boxing gloves to the theme song from Rocky.  Whenever the level goes up a lady in shorts holds up the new level on a big piece of card.  It's a well-realised vision all round.  We're actually in the ring with them, so can smell the tension as the money jumps increase.  €200k for first!

Pics or none of it happened.

Would you confirm the rumours that no alcohol has been consumed at the event whatsoever, please? Were I a wagering man, I should proffer it's been an occasion of piety, sobriety and the utmost reverence to the solemnities of Easter.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2014, 07:45:54 PM »

In due deference to prior request, that wasn't me or any of my associates posting that.  But we're hand-for-handing the final in advance of the livestream like one giant spoiler all day. Similarly previous three days.  Craic is, as ever, holding everyone here despite mostly being busted all the way through.  Jon Lundy busted in 8th and doesn't seem to be going anywhere, for example.

Highlights off the tables include: €10k high roller event that went ahead as a heads up between Mark Buckley and Calvin Anderson (Buckley won).  The high rollers then decided to do a €1k arm-wrestle side event (Anderson won).  Later, people were allegedly putting €100 pots up for the masseuses to arm wrestle each other.

The final table is taking place in a boxing ring, with an actual tuxedoed ring announcer; the finalists made their way to the ring in shiny robes with boxing gloves to the theme song from Rocky.  Whenever the level goes up a lady in shorts holds up the new level on a big piece of card.  It's a well-realised vision all round.  We're actually in the ring with them, so can smell the tension as the money jumps increase.  €200k for first!

Would you confirm the rumours that no alcohol has been consumed at the event whatsoever, please? Were I a wagering man, I should proffer it's been an occasion of piety, sobriety and the utmost reverence to the solemnities of Easter.

Good luck with that, last I heard Miss Mason was legless.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2014, 07:53:34 PM »

Good luck with that, last I heard Miss Mason was legless.

Impossible!

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: