blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:46:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Irish Open 2014
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Irish Open 2014  (Read 4901 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2014, 08:02:05 PM »

In due deference to prior request, that wasn't me or any of my associates posting that.  But we're hand-for-handing the final in advance of the livestream like one giant spoiler all day. Similarly previous three days.  Craic is, as ever, holding everyone here despite mostly being busted all the way through.  Jon Lundy busted in 8th and doesn't seem to be going anywhere, for example.

Highlights off the tables include: €10k high roller event that went ahead as a heads up between Mark Buckley and Calvin Anderson (Buckley won).  The high rollers then decided to do a €1k arm-wrestle side event (Anderson won).  Later, people were allegedly putting €100 pots up for the masseuses to arm wrestle each other.

The final table is taking place in a boxing ring, with an actual tuxedoed ring announcer; the finalists made their way to the ring in shiny robes with boxing gloves to the theme song from Rocky.  Whenever the level goes up a lady in shorts holds up the new level on a big piece of card.  It's a well-realised vision all round.  We're actually in the ring with them, so can smell the tension as the money jumps increase.  €200k for first!

Pics or none of it happened.

Would you confirm the rumours that no alcohol has been consumed at the event whatsoever, please? Were I a wagering man, I should proffer it's been an occasion of piety, sobriety and the utmost reverence to the solemnities of Easter.

Good luck with that, last I heard Miss Mason was legless.

Impossible!

If it pleases Your Honour, I present Exhibit A.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2014, 08:16:00 PM »

I meant impossible in the sense she had a whisky every time you three bet on that Sky final table. With your Benny Spindler-esque bullying, she'd sunk enough to topple a Kodiak bear. And yet you'd never know. Was like she was drinking dandelion and burdock.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2014, 09:29:50 PM »

In due deference to prior request, that wasn't me or any of my associates posting that.  But we're hand-for-handing the final in advance of the livestream like one giant spoiler all day. Similarly previous three days.  Craic is, as ever, holding everyone here despite mostly being busted all the way through.  Jon Lundy busted in 8th and doesn't seem to be going anywhere, for example.

Highlights off the tables include: €10k high roller event that went ahead as a heads up between Mark Buckley and Calvin Anderson (Buckley won).  The high rollers then decided to do a €1k arm-wrestle side event (Anderson won).  Later, people were allegedly putting €100 pots up for the masseuses to arm wrestle each other.

The final table is taking place in a boxing ring, with an actual tuxedoed ring announcer; the finalists made their way to the ring in shiny robes with boxing gloves to the theme song from Rocky.  Whenever the level goes up a lady in shorts holds up the new level on a big piece of card.  It's a well-realised vision all round.  We're actually in the ring with them, so can smell the tension as the money jumps increase.  €200k for first!

Would you confirm the rumours that no alcohol has been consumed at the event whatsoever, please? Were I a wagering man, I should proffer it's been an occasion of piety, sobriety and the utmost reverence to the solemnities of Easter.

Impossible!

I find that extremely hard to believe as it is a well-known fact that the aforesaid Ms. Mason has hollow legs.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2014, 09:31:28 PM »

Impossible!

I find that extremely hard to believe as it is a well-known fact that the aforesaid Ms. Mason has hollow legs.

Quite so, but on the night in question, she was legless.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2014, 11:12:55 PM »

I can confirm that a) Patrick Clarke has won the Irish Open and the Sole Survivor thingy for a total of €250k, to the whoops of his very excited rail (recap now up) and b) that I have had legs this entire time.  These days are long, if satisfying to report on, so too much craic makes it all rather difficult.

Thank you for providing evidence of previous leglessness, I look back fondly to the days when I didn't have to write 10k words a day and could get down to the serious business of whiskey.

Here's Dana, after some serious business.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2014, 01:06:24 AM »

Dublin, Ireland: 22nd of April, 2014 –

Patrick Clarke took down the Irish Open 2014, Europe’s most prestigious poker tournament title yesterday, along with €250,000 prize-money. 47 places were paid in the Main Event, with cashes going to the likes of Gerard Harraghy, Chris Dowling, Dave Masters and the “Voice of Poker” Jesse May.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: