blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:50:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  Irish Open Package @1.1 with 50% Sole Survivor Bonus
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Irish Open Package @1.1 with 50% Sole Survivor Bonus  (Read 9313 times)
claypole

View Profile
« on: April 09, 2014, 02:22:21 AM »

I managed to win a satellite package to the Irish Open on Paddy Power last weekend and am heading to Dublin for the weekend at Easter.

The tournament will be great value; many are in San Remo and dropping the buy in to €2,250 has undoubtedly had an impact on the quality of the field.  I have five nights there, so without being negative the reality is I will play both the €800 Two Day Event and Mini Irish Open €225 should I bust the main while reg still open for the either event although I retain the right to swerve if don't feel right after the main, of course with full refunds.  As a result I don't really want to be in for a bag for what is essentially a free weekend away so am looking to upto 20% of the package that covers all three tournaments.  Will play all three events regardless so if my stock value has fallen significantly and we only sell a little it's cool.

Two staking packages last year, both showed a return - first a small loss in Asia (altho I  blinked $23k in Melbourne not on stake) and second a profit in Vegas down to ME run. I haven't played loads since Vegas, although to be honest what I have hasn't been great.  Played two events at EPT London and managed one cash.  Since then fired at UKPC Main, Six Max and the GPS at DTD and bricked.  

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=164488

Total €3275@1.1 = €3602.50

10% = €360
5% = €180
1% = €36

Five reasons to take a piece......slightly tongue in cheek

1.  Quote redarmi "pre Vegas" - I hear your pretty shit a poker but a nice bloke and trustworthy so I'll take 1%....shits a bit strong however get his gist. Seriously, I've got a solid reputation for paying and integrity which I think is important.

2. The closest mates I have in poker, with the exception of Celtic which is hardly surprising, have all blinked massive this past twelve months so I figure I'm bound to have a big score soon even though I possess a fraction of their capability

3. I play better in Ireland...I really do - nice people, good craic and not people who generally tilt and irritate me as many do in the UK as I become a grumpy old man.

4. Minimal night out distractions as most in San Remo - at this stage just me and Pab from the group I usually end up getting smashed with.

5. I could do with a win as in context a bit under it prior to starting my masters....always good with back against a wall.

As another point, I did qualify on Paddy Power.  I've thought long and hard about how to deal with the Sole Survivor £50k, although it's a long shot.  If we bink the €50k, I will pay €6250 to the stakers e.g. 0.5% of bonus for each 1% you buy.

Bank Transfer please at XE.com is fine.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 02:35:52 AM by claypole » Logged
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 02:43:15 AM »

5 please

redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 04:16:20 AM »

I'll have 5 too mate but can you clarify the sole survivor bit I don't get the maths?  Where does e6250 come from?

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2014, 04:22:53 AM »

1% in anticipation of a massive blink!

ForthThistle

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2014, 08:02:33 AM »

1% purely for this.

2. The closest mates I have in poker, with the exception of Celtic which is hardly surprising, have all blinked massive this past twelve months so I figure I'm bound to have a big score soon even though I possess a fraction of their capability

APAT NLHE Southern European Champion 2010
Take on Tikay February League Winner 2011

Rastafish throws himself headfirst into the railbirds, arms outstretched but the sea of bodies parts and Rastafish misses and crashes through the barrier on all fours.
claypole

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2014, 10:23:00 AM »

All booked Ty. I'll send bank details later.

No probs Stu.  The Sole Survivor this years pays €50,000 cash (previously was a sponsorship deal) to last Paddy Power qualifier standing in exchange for wearing shit clothes for 4 days.  It's added money, not part of the prize pool and likely to be about 200 of the field. You have to qualify on Paddy, so it you win a seat on DTD for example your not in.  So basically a freeroll last longer.

What I proposed which I thinks fair although open to challenge is that if we bink that, I will pay out at half rate as it's not part of the tournament or pool. So if we were the last man, if you took 5% you get €1,250 in addition to the 5% of the prize pool money we get which would likely be and FT to win it. Think reality is it's about €250 worth of free equity so think giving half is fair! or I'd have hiked the mark up to 1.25

I think the confusion is from my €6250, it should read €5000. I was originally going to sell 25% and didn't edit number when I decided only 20%. Apologies
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 10:29:03 AM by claypole » Logged
toddswain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2014, 10:33:37 AM »

7.5 please
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2014, 10:40:56 AM »

Shaun, I think that takes it to 19.5%, so I'll take the last 0.5% if I may, or, if you are agreeable (unlike celtic who is generally disagreeable), I'll take a whole 1% for simplicity.

Let me know, please, & whatever you decide, good luck.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
claypole

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2014, 10:45:16 AM »

Sold out Ty.

Have as much as you want Tikay upto 5.5%. You've been a legend when I've needed to sell before and is feel awful if we won and you didn't have a sweat. 1% is equally fine. Just confirm how much and I'll total up.

Thanks guys so we have;

Dan 5%
Stu 5%
Dave Forth 1%
Marky 1%
Toddswain 7.5%
Tikay 1%

Total 20.5%

I'll send details later and xe.com and thanks again

Shaun
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 11:02:03 AM by claypole » Logged
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2014, 10:48:42 AM »

Haha, feeling the love 😀

Gutted I missed the chance to buy a piece..

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
claypole

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2014, 10:50:46 AM »

Haha, feeling the love 😀

You'll be alright Smiley
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2014, 10:59:32 AM »

Haha, feeling the love 😀

Bugger off, investers only here. You come under "Donors".

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2014, 11:00:04 AM »

Sold out Ty.

Have as much as you want Tikay upto 5.5%. You've been a legend when I've needed to sell before and is feel awful if we won and you didn't have a sweat. 1% is equally fine. Just confirm how much and I'll total up.

Thanks guys so we have;

Dan 5%
Stu 5%
Dave Forth 1%
Marky 1%
Toddswain 7.5%
Tikay TBC

I'll send details later and xe.com and thanks again

Shaun

Lovely job, thanks Shaun, 1% is fine.

Off we go.

claypole

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2014, 11:06:16 AM »

No worries. All done I will send banke details today.

Based on today's rate:

5% = £148.37
7.5% = £222.54
1% = £29.67

Sold out and thanks everyone

ForthThistle

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2014, 11:38:08 AM »

Shipped.

GL Shaun.

Vinny needs Nando's.

APAT NLHE Southern European Champion 2010
Take on Tikay February League Winner 2011

Rastafish throws himself headfirst into the railbirds, arms outstretched but the sea of bodies parts and Rastafish misses and crashes through the barrier on all fours.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: