blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:20:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Games of thrones (for those who have never watched it)
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Games of thrones (for those who have never watched it)  (Read 3745 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2014, 10:21:17 PM »

OK. I'm not tikay, I have an open mind. Where can I watch and evaluate episode one?

are you at DTD this weekend?

i can try and bring you first series DVD

I don't know yet Rich.

Why don't you tell me what's on.....

Grand Prix day ones 12pm and 5pm sat and sun, day two monday. £60 a pop, £150k gtd

if not, i am sure someone will point you in the direction of a torrent/stream site....

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2014, 02:47:49 PM »

^^

Breaking Bad

Difficult to compare since one has ended and the other not but GoT shades it for me.

haven't watched either as don't have the time. 10 years ago i got hooked on 24 and vowed that was the best show ever right then. is it better than 24?

by at least 4 trillion miles.
Redsgirl

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2014, 08:20:02 PM »

OK. I'm not tikay, I have an open mind. Where can I watch and evaluate episode one?

To be honest I don't really think it would be your bag, imagine a fantasy Lord of the rings type set up but with some pretty extreme (and quite often distasteful) themes.

If a man speaks in a forest and no woman is there to hear him, is he still wrong?
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2014, 08:25:30 PM »

To be honest I don't really think it would be your bag, imagine a fantasy Lord of the rings type set up but with some pretty extreme (and quite often distasteful) themes.

Lots of tits.

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
Redsgirl

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2014, 08:30:02 PM »

Lots of tits.

Sigh.......

If a man speaks in a forest and no woman is there to hear him, is he still wrong?
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2014, 08:37:34 PM »

You're probably right.

Forgive Rexas's contribution to a father & daughter conversation. He'll be fine once he gets through puberty.

The older I get, the better I was.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2014, 09:08:53 PM »

You're probably right.

Forgive Rexas's contribution to a father & daughter conversation. He'll be fine once he gets through puberty.

If you'd like, I can sprend you the first couple episodes, and that way you can decide if you would like to see the rest.

Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2014, 10:07:47 PM »

You're probably right.

I apologize, but I've always been a sucker for a pun :p You can't deny that the bird life is rather exquisite though Smiley

« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 10:12:34 PM by Rexas » Logged

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2014, 10:56:51 PM »

It's not even close for me that Breaking Bad is much better than GOT, and not just because it's finished.

GOT is one of the best TV progs ever though, vvv good.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2014, 11:46:15 PM »

Anyone tell me where i can watch it from the start please? It does not appear to be on netflix or amazon prime/lovefilm. Would prefer not to pay if possible  Smiley
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2014, 11:46:43 PM »

Anyone tell me where i can watch it from the start please? It does not appear to be on netflix or amazon prime/lovefilm. Would prefer not to pay if possible  Smiley

PM on way.
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2014, 11:06:39 AM »

You're probably right.

To be honest, the whole fantasy, knights, armour thing was what put me off watching it for so long but, having given it a go, I'm completely hooked and currently sweating the next episode as much as everyone else.  Definitely worth giving it a go, even if you have these reservations.

Personally, I think Breaking Bad and The Wire were better overall, but very different beasts, and GoT is very high quality TV, without a doubt.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2014, 02:10:38 PM »

Tom.

have the first DVD at DTD if you want it. here til late Monday

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
relaedgc

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2014, 03:26:35 PM »

It's worth a try, Tom.

It's quite well done. If you don't want to watch it, I'd strongly recommend the books - I found them really engrossing and the structure of the book (of which the chapters are actually based on character view points) makes for quite a refreshing read.

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
Friedrich Nietzsche
Rod

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2014, 09:54:26 AM »

Watched the first couple of episodes yesterday. Not what I expected but lot's of potential I will watch the first season at least.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: