blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:30:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Learning Centre (Moderators: Longy, JungleCat03)
| | | |-+  10NL QQ in general
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 10NL QQ in general  (Read 3658 times)
Red_Baron

View Profile
« on: April 23, 2014, 11:13:55 AM »

Thanks for the help I've been getting in general. This isn't a particular hand but just QQ in general at 10NL 100bb deep. What is your general consensus in getting it in pre-flop with two queens. I fold it to the rockiest of rocks but stack off against most players with no specific reads or reasons not to and the last week or so I seem to be behind a lot of the time.

Here are two situations which come up a lot with this hand hero and villain both with $10 stacks:

1. I raise to $0.30, villain re-raises to $1.00, I re-raise to $2.40, villain goes all-in. What do I do?
2. Villain raises to $0.30, I re-raise to $1.00, villain re-raises to $2.40. What do I do?

In situation one without any specific reads or reasons should I be stacking off in general here?

In situation two should I be re-raising all in or just flatting and then stacking off on the flop with no overs or super scary boards?

In general I've been finding that in these situations getting it all in pre-flop usually ends up in me either being way behind to aces or kings or being on the right side of a coin toss against AK which makes me think that this is a fold a lot of the time. Seems I should be folding more in these situations? Its not often that other players seem to be willing to commit with jacks or worse. Would really like to know how you guys feel about this hand in these situations.

Thanks
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2014, 11:22:29 AM »

You have a queen with a queen kicker just get them in if you can

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Red_Baron

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2014, 01:50:55 PM »

True... but in general what hand is going to call me? From my experience which isn't that much (20k hands) QQ seems to be on the lower end of what people are getting it in with. AK will get it in most of the time which I don't mind. But not that many people seem to be getting it in with tens or jacks and everyone is getting it in with aces and kings. Seems like I'm flipping or losing the majority of the time... is this not your experience?? Do you think I've just been running up against the top end of peoples ranges recently and should continue to stack off with QQ or is it a fold sometimes even without specific information to the contrary?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: