blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 05:16:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Keith on twitter
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Keith on twitter  (Read 6040 times)
LeedsRhodesy

View Profile
« on: April 24, 2014, 02:16:51 PM »

For anyone that does not follow Keith on twitter you really should

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 02:20:21 PM »

awesome.  I loved it when Keith said 'How can you get so excited over saving 11p?'
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2014, 03:34:51 PM »

there quite clearly are a myriad of twats more dreadful than him. think Keiths being unfair there.

Keith for the most exaggerated tweet at next British poker awards?
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2014, 04:47:16 PM »

To be honest I find some of the stuff on twitter to be pretty depressing. I have my moments, but some people spend way too much time putting others down.

I came across Martin Lewis a long time ago.  He used to post in a nit forum on a financial website I used to post on.  He clearly believed strongly that people should be nitty and save money back then and sure he still does now.  It was probably just accidental that he made so much money and his site became more succesful than where we used to post.  Back in the day, he probably just put up a few links to cover the cost of his site and then the multi millions came from that.  Sure there was more to it than that, but I'd be pretty surprised if his original intention was to become filthy rich off the back of others.

Having said that, he clearly had better vision than me, he posted under moneysavingexpert from the start, which always seemed a bit much to me.  And he has been very good at passing off other's ideas as his own.  But if the ideas are good, then people following them can't be a bad thing.  And despite all this, I am sure he passionately believes in what he sells; he has stopped bad practices through his site and TV bits and he has made shed loads doing so.  Far better than making your money screwing people over as many others do in the financial sector.  Good luck to him.  Wish I'd been as forward thinking. Fk the haters.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2014, 05:23:47 PM »

ive no problem with nits being nitty and helping others to nit it up. Martin lewis is definately shrewd but i wouldnt want to go for a beer with him
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2014, 05:32:32 PM »

ive no problem with nits being nitty and helping others to nit it up. Martin lewis is definately shrewd but i wouldnt want to go for a beer with him

Can just see him making himself comfortable while you go get him a beer.  Will be a saving money down the pub column on his website the next day.  Always be last to buy the round, no doubles, house wines only, better still buy your booze at Tesco. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2014, 05:45:00 PM »

Can just see him making himself comfortable while you go get him a beer.  Will be a saving money down the pub column on his website the next day.  Always be last to buy the round, no doubles, house wines only, better still buy your booze at Tesco. 

I have no friends like this. Well actually I have one, and he is the laughing stock of all my friends because of it. Wouldn't want to have any more than 1 friend like this though, would get utterly depressing.

<3 ENSUING
stato_1 said, "banoffee pie i reckon"
stato_1 said, "this is delicious"
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2014, 06:22:13 PM »

I spew money all over the place so I'm no nit but 3 hours on the Martin Lewis site saved me over £100 per month on various bills and things.

Surprising how those 11p's can mount up.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2014, 07:03:36 PM »

Dont dislike what he does for people but he is a smug git imo

Martin Lewis not camel btw

Always worth a tweet asking if he as anymore fgs free money coups planned as well Smiley
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2014, 07:16:41 PM »

I spew money all over the place so I'm no nit but 3 hours on the Martin Lewis site saved me over £100 per month on various bills and things.

Surprising how those 11p's can mount up.

This. I've had over £1k cashback via Quidco which I found via MSE. Can't stand going clothes shopping so buy a shedload online with 10% cashback, take back what I don't want and keep the cashback on the whole lot - result.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2014, 07:17:27 PM »

Always worth a tweet asking if he as anymore fgs free money coups planned as well Smiley

Quality coup that carling cup final was 2008 i think.  Remember backing Theo at 45/1 FGS comical scenes.  Betfair let them all off paying up as well the MSE scum to stop the bad publicity the exchange would get.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2014, 07:47:46 PM »

Ha! That made me laugh  Cheesy
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2014, 08:03:45 PM »

I have no friends like this. Well actually I have one, and he is the laughing stock of all my friends because of it. Wouldn't want to have any more than 1 friend like this though, would get utterly depressing.

Had a guy I lived with a uni that would never buy a round unless he was told to, I would die of shame if I did that, it didn't even seem to occur to him! It was ok when it was just us mates together, we would just hoof him up the arse to go to the bar, but it was pretty embarrassing when were we were out with other friends and had to prompt him to go.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2014, 08:27:10 PM »

Quality coup that carling cup final was 2008 i think.  Remember backing Theo at 45/1 FGS comical scenes.  Betfair let them all off paying up as well the MSE scum to stop the bad publicity the exchange would get.

Missed it? What happened?
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2014, 09:40:48 PM »

Missed it? What happened?

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=386063

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=386241

Was carnage on the Betfair forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: