blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 04:07:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273103 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Re: Scoop 6, Saturday 3rd May
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 ... 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Re: Scoop 6, Saturday 3rd May  (Read 43656 times)
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: May 02, 2014, 10:37:56 PM »

As a side issue how many perms will there be done tomorrow that are bigger than ours in size?  I have no idea was wondering what everyone thought?

Hundreds if not thousands.

I also have a ton in one at my golf club with 50 or so in it, and another nifty with ten mates. Can't imagine it's only us yokels going mad for it.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: May 02, 2014, 10:38:13 PM »

If I had £2000 to throw away on this my perm would be something like: 10x8x5x2x1x1

Much more likely to win it alone and get full value out of the bet imo.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: May 02, 2014, 10:46:52 PM »

The bigger the rollover gets the more you should include the most likely winners because every week it grows the more 'dead money' you are trying to pick off the floor.
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 02, 2014, 11:06:50 PM »

The bigger the rollover gets the more you should include the most likely winners because every week it grows the more 'dead money' you are trying to pick off the floor.

True.

But in my experience the more favourites that win, the more chance the payoff is < than an SP acca.

If 4+ favourites win tomorrow, I would take evens the SP accumulator would pay more.

Bad Beat

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 02, 2014, 11:07:56 PM »

Place it on Lucky Dan.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 02, 2014, 11:08:51 PM »

The irony is, I dont look at prices until I have made a selection and then see if it is priced accordingly, as its a permed multi, I hadnt even looked at prices.

As it happens 5 ARE favs and 4 second favs....so have I read your post wrong and you advocate backing just outsiders Horsey?

He is agreeing with you, Adz, the way I read his post.

Reckon Mrs Adz burned his tea Wink

I'd be surprised if that wasn't deliberate.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 02, 2014, 11:09:55 PM »

Place it on Lucky Dan.

Place what on lucky dan?

About to send a pm to you and pickers 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 02, 2014, 11:11:35 PM »

True.

But in my experience the more favourites that win, the more chance the payoff is < than an SP acca.

If 4+ favourites win tomorrow, I would take evens the SP accumulator would pay more.

I'll take your £50 if you don't like it. 

Cheers

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: May 02, 2014, 11:12:35 PM »

Place it on Lucky Dan.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/an-kumItY427hbJmm/the_sting_1973_the_sting_part_2/

I just noticed when they are arguing about whether Paul Newman takes the bet or not, the blower falls silent.

The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: May 02, 2014, 11:13:19 PM »

True.

I'll take your £50 if you don't like it. 

Cheers

No need to get arsey.

Just banter innit.

redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 02, 2014, 11:31:21 PM »

I don't really have time to go into much detail as I have just finished three days of travelling and have to do the football and racing cards for tomorrow but I think the analysis on the strategy here is focussing way too much on winning it alone.  There is more to the scoop than that.  For a start even if it pays less than the acca that doesn't take into consideration the ev you get from the bonus race which is a lot of where the value is.  Also it ignores the possible place returns which reduce the variance for you.  You really want to give yourself the best possible chance of getting a piece of the pie.  Whilst it would be nice to win the lot it isn't the be all of the bet in fact I would say that the fact people get preoccupied by that means that there is more value at the front of the market relatively speaking.

Bad Beat

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: May 02, 2014, 11:46:00 PM »

Doobs and Red have, not for the 1st time, nailed it. We are doing this because there is a carry-over and a load of dead money. It is criminal to lose it by missing out an 11/4 chance because you added a 16/1 shot to try and win more. The bonus is also a really important part of the bet.

I haven't looked at the races in any great depth so far, if I see something I think is relevant I'll mention tomorrow, but generally I thought the perm last week was great. I don't really like Kingman or Australia at the prices in the Guineas but I think for this bet 100% you take the two and no others. If you get into a hedge spot then betting the next three 1/4 123 is a great way to do that.

I quite like having a 2nd perm for a hundred or so if the numbers work out, possibly with a slightly different attitude, but generally the reason you get these syndicates together is to give yourself the maximum chance of winning it.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: May 02, 2014, 11:55:52 PM »

Doobs and Red have, not for the 1st time, nailed it. We are doing this because there is a carry-over and a load of dead money. It is criminal to lose it by missing out an 11/4 chance because you added a 16/1 shot to try and win more. The bonus is also a really important part of the bet.

I haven't looked at the races in any great depth so far, if I see something I think is relevant I'll mention tomorrow, but generally I thought the perm last week was great. I don't really like Kingman or Australia at the prices in the Guineas but I think for this bet 100% you take the two and no others. If you get into a hedge spot then betting the next three 1/4 123 is a great way to do that.

I quite like having a 2nd perm for a hundred or so if the numbers work out, possibly with a slightly different attitude, but generally the reason you get these syndicates together is to give yourself the maximum chance of winning it.

I actually like the £100 extra bet Chompy suggested, but we adjusted the money last night to make it right.  I don't want to be complicating it now.  If it was all my own money and I was putting the bet on I would do it.

I like the hedging strategy, but is going to be tough organising the cash and getting an ok over the whole syndicate at this late stage.  I suggest it is better that people do their own hedging if we get there. 

Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: May 03, 2014, 12:09:47 AM »

Feel very happy to have some top brains on this investing my £30.
Cheers guys and good luck us
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: May 03, 2014, 12:26:53 AM »

I'll be around from 8am tomorrow for whoever wants to PM me the final perm

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 ... 28 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: