blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 08:40:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  Stuart Rutter WSOP package, at 1.05
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stuart Rutter WSOP package, at 1.05  (Read 39022 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 30, 2014, 10:31:38 PM »

Best of luck today Stu!

Amatay

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2014, 11:37:15 PM »

Gl today and for the whole series. Get the lot mate

There is no better feeling than rocking up in a city for the first time, with nowhere to stay and everything new - so liberating.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 30, 2014, 11:55:52 PM »

GL, wish I could have afforded a bit again this year.
dwayne110

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 31, 2014, 12:23:18 AM »

Consummate pro
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 31, 2014, 11:18:53 AM »

Bad day unfortunately.

Out the triple draw in the 4th level of the day.

Started with 47,600, reached a height of 72k, but lost a massive 80k 3 way pot vs Galfond and Abrahams, where I was drawing one to 7432 to their 2 two draws, and missed three times
Entered the razz half way through the second level, and reached a height of 19k from 4,500, but exited 20 minutes before the end of the day (level ten), Got anted to death in level 8 and 9, and then lost every pot in level 10,

Tomorrow is a rare day off, next event is the 10k omaha hi-lo, on Sunday at 4pm.
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 31, 2014, 08:24:29 PM »

Stu I will send after the boxing. Sorry for the delay for some reason I thought there was still a while til start. Glgl

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 01, 2014, 01:18:03 AM »

Stu I will send after the boxing. Sorry for the delay for some reason I thought there was still a while til start. Glgl

No, no problem at all, cheers mate
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 02, 2014, 09:23:23 AM »

$10,000 omaha hi-lo:

Out in level 9 of day 1 unfortunately, which feels a real shame. I Actually raced off to a great start, had 65k after 90 minutes, but the seemed to lose almost every pot after that. I don't think there was a single thing I could do

In the biggest pot, I had Adtdtc2d on Td4d3hQd for nut flush, nut low draw on turn. The river was td4d3hQd4c for second nut house

I bet, he raised and I called, and he has QQ65 for the nut house.

Onto the next one, which is the $1,500 NLHE six-max tomorrow

easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 02, 2014, 11:29:06 PM »

Monday 2nd June, $1,500 six max no limit holdem:

Out at the end of the second level of the day, ouch.

The short story is: Blinds 25/50, I have 4,300, not too much has happened to my stack previously, and I am at the wrong end of a  vs  cooler, on my big blind vs the button.

It might well be as simple as that, but felt a tougher decision. Obviously there is some factor that I want to avoid high variance spots if I decide that the last move is only slightly above EV, especially at a table that felt relatively good. However, this is slightly less true in a tournament where having to gamble at some early point is likely.

The button was an older, recreational player. I didn't have a great feeling on what his 4bet range is here. If it is TT+ and AK, then 3b/5betting all in is obviously bad.

However, he had played loose, and not completely passive, and whilst we hadn't seen a 4bet shown down as light, it felt that he was going to have some bluffs in this spot. It also felt possible that he would get stubborn with AQ here, and call the 5bet off.

The first decision was whether, if I wasn't 3b/5betting, it was better to just flat the big, or to flat the 4bet OOP. That was close, as either a tighter or looser than expected 4bet range could cause me to misplay either way. So, I felt the decision fell slightly in favour of 3betting, primarily to play a bigger pot against his wide 3bet peeling range, but also to give me the possiblity of a read on his 4bet, and a small chance to change my final decision if that were strong.

He had raised to 125, I 3bet to 300, he 4 bet to 825. I ultimately put no weight on the physical read. On one hand, he stared me down in a way that was contrary to him disguising strength, and to counter that, his 4bet was relatively small for that type of player. So, with surely some number of bluffs and the chance to get it in vs AQ sometimes, I went with it reluctantly, and got snapped by aces.

Next is the $10,000 deuce to seven lowball no limit, at 4pm tomorrow.
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 04, 2014, 06:25:59 AM »

Tuesday 3rd June, $10,000 deuce to seven lowball

Out near the end of level five. Really gutted. I think there is nothing to do, just no luck today.

These are the big two hands:

I raise the button at 100/200 (50) to 600 drawing two to 652xx, Billy Baxter defends the big, and draws two. I make 86543, which is massive after drawing two. He leads for 1,200, I raise to 4,000, he 3bets to 12,000.

He actually made his 3bet uickly enough that it felt like it had to be for value, but a tell was not going to make any difference. I imagine his value 3bet range includes most 87s, and so I beat more than half of it. In 2 vs 2 spots, all ranges are so much wider, that I feel pretty sure he will raise every 87. There is actually a case for me to 4bet for value, but I think I am just short to do that. But unfortuantely, it is a no brainer call. He delcared "86," meaning my hand couldn't scoop, and showed 86542, pipping me by one. It is such an unlikely cooler 2 vs 2 that it is worse than top set vs middle set in holdem. Tough one to start with in such an exciting tourney.

Blinds 200/400(100): I am down to 15,300 in level five. The table has Chino Rheem, playing way too loose, and Eli Elezra, who has just busted in tenth in the omaha hi-lo, and is not happy about it. Even without these factors, the final hand probably plays itself. Chino raises to 1,200, Eli calls the CO, Frank Kasella 3bets the button to 3,600. Frank has 3bet the  button twice against Chino, and once in this specific spot. I have 9432, and it is a great spot to move in. Against a better 1 card draw, I would be 45%/55%, and against his pat range, I am about 36%. There has to be great fold equity to pick up the 6,900 in the pot. He thought for ever, and called with a pat t9863. Thus, I'm drawing one, and am 43% vs his hand with 18 cards to catch. I flipped an ace to lose the 32k near race.

This one is a big shame, as the no limit deuce is a great shot at a final table with the short field, as well as having alot of value in the field.

Next is the $1,500 omaha hi-lo at midday tomorrow.
JaffaCake

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 04, 2014, 04:17:45 PM »

Not invested but wishing u all the best Stu, enjoy the reports and hope u start running a lil better
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 04, 2014, 05:02:47 PM »

Not invested but wishing u all the best Stu, enjoy the reports and hope u start running a lil better

+1
Jamier-Host

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: June 04, 2014, 05:03:42 PM »

The button was an older, recreational player. I didn't have a great feeling on what his 4bet range is here. If it is TT+ and AK, then 3b/5betting all in is obviously bad.

Could even be tighter than that...!

Side Project - making games for Amazon Alexa devices

pressthe8.com
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 05, 2014, 10:10:32 AM »

Could even be tighter than that...!

Cheers guys. Yeah, that's possibly right Jamie. He had been splashy and aggy for that type of player, but will never know what his 4bet range is
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 05, 2014, 10:20:09 AM »

$1,500 omaha hi-lo, day 1:

From starting stack of 4,500, through to day two with 24,300. Pleased.

A fairly simple day really, ran pretty good obviously.

This was the most interesting spot:

400/800, last level of day: I raise  UTG, Timothy Finne 3bets a short stack two to my right. My hand is beaten by his range, I just call. Flop is  . I decide to check raise, he slowly calls. Turn is  , he has just 2,500, he thinks for ever. He eventually folds. It's a nice spot obviously as I have the leverage of the extra 900. The interesting thing is though, I was trying to work out whilst he was thinking whether I bluff the river for the last 900. I think it would probably be right to do so. I think he is good enough firstly to not just sigh call, and also to realise that it will look to me that he has to call the rest off. I feel he tanked to long to ever be slow playing (would be bordering on really bad etiquette?), and is so likely to have a one pair hand.

Restart at 1pm. Tomorrow is our most complicated day on the stake, as on the schedule is both the $3k six max at noon and the $1,500 triple draw at 4pm. I will register both late if I can. Obviously there will be refund if I miss either (or hopefully both!)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: