blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:32:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  Stuart Rutter WSOP package, at 1.05
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stuart Rutter WSOP package, at 1.05  (Read 38846 times)
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 06, 2014, 08:49:52 AM »

$1,500 omaha hi-lo, day 2

Busted 39th in a field of 1084, for $6,041. Nice to get first cash, but a gutting time to bust.

Went back with $24,300 today, and things went well before the last 117 in the money, which I reached with 42k (bang on average)

Things were then slow for 3 levels, and I had 52,000 at dinner break.

Then made the updates twice for the first time! http://uk.pokernews.com/live-reporting/2014-wsop/event-14/

One is the standard exit hand, the lower one is an interesting river decision where I tanked for ever. I felt 47 was almost never good for low on the action, so had to work out just how slim the slim chance that AK for high was good, and eventually called, and got half.

The most interesting hand of the came as I peaked at 93,500, and this hand began the downfall. I have     three diamonds and raise the cut-off to 8,000, and elder gentleman who has played loose, defends the big. The flop is a great      . He leads, I decide to call, so that I can raise a turn lead. The turn is     . He checks, I bet 8,000; he check-raises to 16,000. This is not good news.

Ultimately, I actually tanked for so long that the clock was called (very unusual in limit games!). However, I knew this was the big decision, and the type of player he was nutted his hand quite a bit more. So, I was calling 2 big bets to win 9.25 big bets, so would need a 21.6% chance of winning to be right. It felt that a full house was likely, and obviously any hopes rested on him deciding to check raise all his sevens, or even more randomly and unlikely, check raise something like KQ.

Against that side of the arguemnt, is the type of player that he is, and the fact that a line of leading the flop but then check raising seems to indicate that the turn has changed his hand, i.e. that he does  have a boat. With the clock counting down, I ultimately decided that the read would have to be really strong to fold given those pot odds, and that there was enough randomness that he might well be check-raising any 7. I called turn and river, and he had AQ73 to scoop. Would be interested to know people's thoughts.

After that, things were standard and the luck turned against us with nothing to do.

So, today was the busy, complicated day, and I just missed the 4pm triple draw registration, meaning we have two refunds, for the $3k six max at noon today , and $1,500 triple draw.

So the value of the package is $6,041 plus $4,500 of refunds at 1.05, which is $4,725

So, current value of package is $10,766.

I might well add one or two small events towards the end of the series in place of the refunded events, but obviously will assume the default that stakers want a refund, and so will then invite people to opt in for extra events if they want.

Registered for the 10k razz tomorrow at 4pm, looking forward to it.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 09:19:00 AM by easypickings » Logged
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 06, 2014, 11:57:31 AM »

Unlucky in the 08, and bol in the Razz tomorrow mate.

easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 07, 2014, 12:36:47 PM »

Razz $10,000, day 1

Through to day two with 44,700 from 30,000 starting stack. Actually going straight to bed as it's a quick turnover before day two!

easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 08, 2014, 07:46:57 AM »

Bad day, feeling gutted about this one, but can't think of too much I could have done differently today. Bust the razz in the third level of the day, took a while to have a breather, and then entered the $3,000 shootout, which I have just bust in level 6.

$10,000 razz, day two:

Returned with 44,700, seemed to have a good table draw, with Brain Hastings the most competent player, and Brandon Cantu in particular playing way too spewy. However, yesterday's solid day was quickly replaced with just a downwards spiral that I felt I couldn't do anything about.  The first big pot was against a young internet player who seemed to be playing really well. I compelted with (45)3 with two small cards behind me, and he 2-bet a 6 bring in. I decided to 3-bet, and he took the lead on 4th with (xx)67 vs (45)33. He bet, I called. On 5th he retained the lead with (xx)678 vs (45)336, but obviosuly it is right for me to call. We both caught pictures on 6th, and on 7th I caught (45)336Q(7) for a nut-low seven. He bet his (xx)678J(x) board.

His bet is bad news, but I think he is well capable of betting any 8 for value, given that I may well call down with a queen. If this is the case, it is a no-brainer call, given the generous odds that are always there on the river in limit games. I called, he showed (24)678(5) to pip me by one.

I then had to fold a couple of times on 4th, and was left with 17,000 chips going into the 2,500/5,000 (500/700) level.

Brian Hastings opened (xx)7 with just me as a significant card behind him. I had (25)7 and 3bet, he called. He took the lead with (xx)76 vs my (25)7q. With 12,000 left and a pot of 37,700, I need about 30% equity to call down at this point, and definitely just about have that equity, if it were an all-in decision. I called, planning to think about folding 5th in the worst possible scenarios. I caught up on 5th with (25)7Q3 vs his (xx)76q, and bet out. He raised, and we got all-in for 17,000 total. So, it was my (25)7Q4 vs his (4A)76Q, for near enough a 50/50 to get up to 37,700. However, I bricked with (25)Q74JJ, and he had caught a 9 on 6th to be more than good enough.

$3,000 no limit shootout, day 1

I registered after taking a quick breather after the razz, rather than going straight across to play. The table drawer quickly seemed really lucky. Phil Galfond was the only (very big) exeception to an otherwise great table. Pretty soon in the 50/100 level, I played a big squeezed pot, where a young guy opened to 300 at 50/100, called in two spots, and I squeezed with  to 1,200. I didnt particularly want to play big pots with just a 9k starting stack, but at the same time there is no avoiding it with AK with chips splashing around so freely from most of the players. The young guy passed, and the two European players who had previously called, called the squeeze to 1,200. So, already we're playing a 4,050 pot. The flop came  , which was nice. I bet 1,600 from a remaining 8k stack. The first player quickly folded, and the second player very quickly called. It made a draw feel very likely, if that simple read were correct.

Therefore, the turn of  was a nightmare. We were 6,400 effective deep in a 7,250 pot. It's tough to check, and not know whether he'll over value king queen, so I felt my choice was between shipping all-in, and betting small. I made a small bet of 1,700, which is obviosuly very exploitable against some players, but it felt very unlikely that this guy was going to exploit it- or at least do so purposely. Almost instantly, he near min-raised to 3,800. I felt his action was as strong as he could make, given the speed and fishy small size of his raise, which at the same time effectively implied all-in. So, it felt a pretty standard fold against what was probably a straight or flush, and seemed almost definitely to be beating AK, and straight away I was down to 4,800.

Not too much happened in the levels where I still had play in my stack at the kind of table where I would need to make a hand to gain chips, and so I went into the 150/300(25) fifth level playing a short stack game. I reshoved a couple of times, and got up to 5,500. On my 300 big blind, I had  , and Paul Newie shoved the cutoff for his 2,525. Although it's little more than an 8 big blind shove, he had played so tight that it didn't feel an easy decision. Does anyone have a feeling for just how tight even his shipping range is going to be there? I just about called with eights, and he showed  , which held.

So, this had me down to 3,000 at 150/300(25). I picked up    on the cutoff, which is obviosuly a standard ship.  I actually made it 1,600 from my 3,000 stack in an effort to get the Russian guy in the big blind to call light. He did actually just cal the 1,600, leaving 1,400 behind, which seemed to indicate the plan had worked! The flop was  , which looked good. What then happened was really frustrating. He checked, I moved in 1,400, he thought for a while, asked for a count, the dealer cut out all the 25 chips to give him the count of calling 1,400 into a 6,400 pot. So, it was quite a surprise that, after some more thought, he then showed  . Such a ridiculous slow roll that I felt I had to say something.

So, it was a disapponting tournament, but felt like fairly standard decisions all the way.

I have registered for the $10k HORSE at 4pm tomorrow, looking forward to it.
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 09, 2014, 10:29:19 AM »

Horse $10,000, day 1:

OUT in the penultimate level of the day. Really disappointed to run badly in another 10k, and be left with the feeling that I wouldn't have done too much different at all. I got crushed in limit holdem particularly, which is frustrating as the only game where no one really has an edge, in an otherwise good mix of games. Here were the main pots, in chronological order:

Limit holdem, level 2: 250/500: Calvin Anderson has been playing every game very agressively, and raises the hi-jack to 500. I have  on the button, and 3-bet to 1,500. Roland Disrhaevelli cold 4bets the small blind to 2,000. I must have him coolered with probably JJ+/AK (or he has the unlikely two other aces). Calvin Anderson calls, I cap, making it 2,500.

Flop    . This is pretty good, only the jack seeming like potential bad news. Calvin Anderson leads, I 2bet, Disrhaevelli cold calls, Anderson calls. If Disrhavellli makes a turn play, JJJ is reasonably likely.

Turn  , I think (incorrectly) that has to be a good card. Disrhaevelli checks, Anderson bets, I think about raising for value given Disrhaevelli still most likely has QQ or KK, and it is tough for Anderson to beat aces, but decide just to call, to keep both hands in given that any hand behind me likely has only two outs.

River  . The ace of hearts in my hand is now absolutely massive in limit holdem, in making it very unlikely they have a flush. Disrhaevelli checks, Anderson bets, and I have a decision whether to raise or just call. However, his double lead on turn and river is now of some strength, and Disrhaevelli may be able to get away from QQ or KK if I make to two cold to him. I call, and he calls.

Disrhaevelli has kings, Anderson has  , for a gin card on the turn. A frustrating 17,500 pot.

Stud, level 2: 400/800(100). I have (4c4d), on a JJxQ (4) xK3 3rd street board. The under the gun raises, suggesting real strength. Schmelev raises the  , and so I have a real decision on how to play a massive hand. I feel it will be suspicious if I flat call on such a strong 3rd street board, so I decide to re-raise here, to make sure I get my value. My boards run a really dry ( ) ). Each street is checked to me. The  folds 4th street, so I am heads up against Schmelev for the rest of the hand. His board runs out (xx)   7x  (x). He calls 4th and 5th, and re-raises 6th.

This is not good news, given the strength I have portrayed from my 3rd street cold 3bet, and subsequent betting. Hearts are live, to make his hand far more likely a flush rather than trip queens, which is good for me. Given the odds in a massive spot, I defintiely have to call 6th given odds to fill up, and whilst my spot on 7th street then feels terrible, my pot odds are 13:1, and I have to call. He shows  ( two hearts) 7x  (x) for a 6th street flush.

Limit holdem, level 3: 300/600. Folded to Ben Yu in the small blind, he raises to 1,200. I look down at  with great timing, and obviously 3-bet to 1,800. He calls, and the flop is  three diamonds, which feels pretty good if I can still avoid an ace or deuce. Yu checks, I bet, and he check raises. I would much rather play a pot where he is calling down, but I am in good enough shape to call down against his range that check-raises and bets turn and river. He does exactly that as the board runs out  three diamonds . The river does not feel great, but he must have some 65,66,77, A5 in his range that make sense on flop and turn, and with which he probably should value bet the river against my AK and AQ highs. I call down, and he has  two hearts, for another frustrating cooler.

Omaha hi-lo, blinds 400/800 I am down to 4,600, and omaha hi-lo is a good game to find a hand to go with given these blinds, because equities run so close. So, if there is any chance of picking up the 1,200 blinds, I am fine to find any hand in late poistion to potentially go with. I actually pick up a strong    on the hi-jack, which is an easy decision to raise on Doyle's big blind. He calls, the flop is  Two Diamonds. I could really do with the low blanking, but this flop is more than good enough to go with. I bet, Doyle calls. The turn is  Two Diamonds th. This feels like good news. However, it is not good news when Doyle leads for 1,600. I have just 600 behind, so have to go with it. I move in, and he has  for a flush draw on the flop, turning into a turned set. We blank our draw to an ace, queen or king on the river, and bust.

The next tournament is now the $1,500 fifteen game dealers choice on Thursday 19th June.

rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 12, 2014, 07:06:44 PM »

AQ64 has low/Q/A, so where did the king come from? Stop getting slowrolled and  start doing some binks!

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 19, 2014, 01:44:30 AM »

Just to confirm, back in the States, and ready and looking forward to the $1,500 dealers choice at 4pm tomorrow.
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 20, 2014, 12:39:39 PM »

$1,500 Dealers' choice, day 1

Never quite sure what to do on these mixed game day 1's in terms of updates, as the time frame between day one's end and the start of day two is narrow enough that sleeping is probably more important than updating fully! (especially given our house is a reasonable dsitance away)

So will try to fill in the details tomorrow, but basically...

Good day, started with 4,500, ended with 22,775. Avergae is 20,760 with 91 left, 420 entered, 42 in the money.

It was pleasing, as I got up to 8k early, and then hung around for most of the day between 6500-7500, but had a spurt with nice timing in the last two levels.

2pm restart tomorrow.

My picked games: no limit holdem (maybe 10 times), 2-7 Nl single draw (Cool, stud hi-lo (3), PLO8 (3)
most picked overall: Badeucey (by a reasonably long way), badacy, PLO8, Nl single draw
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 12:48:30 PM by easypickings » Logged
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 20, 2014, 12:41:29 PM »

gl stu

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 20, 2014, 12:47:27 PM »

BOL!

BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 21, 2014, 12:25:20 AM »

GL! Give me a FT to rail!!

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 21, 2014, 03:13:18 AM »

$1,500 Dealer's choice, day 2

Went back with 22,775, just above average with 92 left.

Busted in 46th, 42 paid. Feel crushed. Such a great (and fun) tournament, felt so encouraging, would have been great to go deep.

These were the most interesting or significant pots (level 11 was the first level of today)

1) Level 11, five card draw high pot-limit,  200/400

Cutoff has been playing incredibly aggressively, so when I am dealt AAxxx in the small blind, I decide to 3bet to 3,400 over his 1,100 open. He tank calls and draws 1. Obviously this is a mix of 2 pairs/flush draws/broadway straight draws/rare trips, but something about his tank made me want to weight it far more towards a two pair hand.

I missed and had aces. Thought hard about turning it into a bluff.

On the good hand, if he has unimproved two pair, he is very likely to assume a) I must have AA or KK to 3-bet and draw 3, and 2) that I would just standard check-decide with one big pair, and therefore must have improved to two pair or better. On the bad hand, it's not realistic for me to value bet two pair as I am betting into a range which is some part made flushes and straights, and thus would probably check. It depends which factor is stronger; With a decent chance that he would just check back missed flushes and straights, I decided to check. However, this is now the number one pot of the day I might change. Still not sure.

2) Level 12, no limit holdem, 250/500 (75)

I am big blind with 22k, button and Brandon Cantu (in the small blind) have me covered. Button opens to 1,600, Cantu makes it 4,800. I have  . I thought for a long time about cold  4-betting. I expected Cantu to attempt to run over the table in no limit, and at the same time he had made some very disciplined, tight folds in the stud games, and so the dual combination seemed in favour. It would be reasonably tough for him go with anything that wasn't TT+ or AK. However, what is against it is that I would cold four to something like 8,800, and it may seem strange that I haven't gone all-in. He would take is as polarising me to AA/KK or a bluff, and on this factor might decide to go lighter with a hand. I decided against it, but this is definitely the only other thing I might change today.

The main lost of chips was then two standard badeucey pots, and so I was down to 12k

3) Level 14, PLO8, 300-600 (WHINGE ALERT)

I am dealt  , and my final card possibly flashes. Much discussion, and it is decided it did. It is the  . Marco Johnson raises to 1,600, I call with  from the big blind. Flop is    three diamonds (sigh). I check-call flop. Turn is check-check. River is  three diamonds  Two Diamonds , so I have second nut low and TPTK. I bet pot, to try to get him off a better high, and he tank calls with the kind of hand I wanted to fold out-  two hearts for two pair. A good call. Obviously misdeals/flashes etc are just part of the luck of the game, but it felt frustrating that it was such a close decision on whether it was a misdeal or not.

4) Level 15, 2-7 single draw, 300-600 (150)

I am down to 8,000 on the big blind. Small blind has 5k, I have  Two Clubs Two Diamonds three clubs , for the absolute nut one card draw. Button makes the close (I think too aggressive) decision to set both of us in the blinds in. I call, and am happy to see he is drawing two, because even my 7432 vs 9843 etc is not far ahead. I draw Q7432, which is above par news. He has 763, and flicks over a T and then a 2, for T7632. A frustrating way to go, in 76%/24% shape, for the chance to come back into it with 17k.
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 24, 2014, 02:21:49 AM »

Monday 24th June, $1,500 ante only, day 1

Out in level five of the day. Exciting structure, but unfortunately I think there was nothing more to it than the standard fail to run good to get chips together from the 4,500 starting stack, and then fail to run good in the ultimate cooler/race situation that comes  for those who haven't gained chips.

On exit hand, I am down to 3,600, and on the lo-jack. (The small blind acts first, the button last). Antes are 50, bring in 50. I raise to 200 with  , call by Ronnie Bardeau to my left, and the button makes it 1,000. He has been hit in the face by the deck, has played agressively, and has about 26k, for a massive table lead. Unfortunately it is a no-brainer; he has squeezed three times before, and previously has shown up with  , called the rest off, and won. So, I have to go with jacks, and he snaps with  . We blank of a board of  .

Next tournament is the $1,500 pot limit omaha hi-lo tomorrow, which could be a great one.
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 25, 2014, 06:15:53 AM »

out the $1,500 PLO8 in level eight, full report coming later. Next tournament is $1500 eight game mix tomorrow
JaffaCake

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 25, 2014, 06:43:50 AM »

good luck stu, hope it turns round for u, reports are great reading from an educational point of view, hope the content becomes better too!!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: