blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:22:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  Stuart Rutter WSOP package, at 1.05
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stuart Rutter WSOP package, at 1.05  (Read 38849 times)
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 25, 2014, 11:42:15 AM »

Yeh I agree, really interesting to read, just looking forward to "prolly played this hand badly, but I won so who cares, $473,492 dollars lets have your bank details"

Smiley gogogo

easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 26, 2014, 09:37:11 AM »

good luck stu, hope it turns round for u, reports are great reading from an educational point of view, hope the content becomes better too!!

Thanks so much Jeff, hope things are going well for you?
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 26, 2014, 09:37:38 AM »

Yeh I agree, really interesting to read, just looking forward to "prolly played this hand badly, but I won so who cares, $473,492 dollars lets have your bank details"

Smiley gogogo

<3

There is still time for you to do what everyone is demanding, and come here!
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 26, 2014, 10:59:17 AM »

$1500 Eight game mix, Wednesday 25th June, day 1

Out in level nine, I think it was just another day of no luck. These were the most significant pots:

Level 3, stud high, 150-300 (25/50)

I am high with a T on a board of 334458x. A 4 raises, I have (QT)T, and decide to just call to disguise my hand. He bets 4th, I call, on fifth I catch (QT)T99 and bet out. He has (xx)4cJc2h, and quickly calls. On 6th, he makes (xx)4cJc2hJh, the worst possible 6th street card for me. I call 6th, fail to improve, and decide to fold 7th when he ebts. He might just have a pair of jacks if his hand is missed clubs, but it felt reasonably unlikley that he would turn one pair of jacks into a bluff. I think he would assume I would call down with two pair, and so I felt comfortable in folding it. His raise from EP with a low card indicates he is more likely to have a pocket pair, and so it was too much of a parlay for him to have started with clubs, missed his flush on 7th, missed two pair on 7th, AND decided to turn his hand into a bluff.

Triple draw, level 4, 200-400

I have 432xx on the button and raise, Bill Chen calls the big blind. We both draw two. I improve to 6432 and bet. He check-calls and draws one (slightly surprising, I would expect him to bet any improvement.) I miss the second draw, and it goes check-check. We both draw one on the river, and I make 86432. He checks, I bet, and he check raises. This is of course bad news. However, with such a good eight, I think I just have to call. He is more likely to have a bad draw given his failure to bet after the first draw, and whilst of course he might have filled a gutshot like 7543(2) or 2345 (7), it may well be that his draw was 8432, etc. I call, and he has 76432. He may even have caught the two, I'm not sure.

Unfortunately the small starting stack meant that there wasn't too much to it, and anyone would be in danger if they didn't accelerate from the starting stack. I lost a standard triple draw hand at 400-800, and so was down to 1950...

No limit holdem, level 9, 100-200(25)

On a new table,  Ivey raises from UTG, Greg Raymer calls mid position. I have  . It's not ideal against the UTG open, and Raymer's flat should be reasonably strong with three short stacks behind him. However, Ivey had been playing agressively and was bound to be playing alot of hands, and something about the speed Raymer called with made me feel more comfortable that he wasn't strong. I moved in for 1950, Ivey folded, and Raymer tanked. He called with  (which I think is the right call, just don't like his initial flat.) The flop is  , which is a disaster, and he gets there on a river of  . Gutting, as it would have been sweet just to get back to starting stack towards the end of the day.

easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 28, 2014, 12:23:04 PM »

Friday 28th June, Pot limit omaha hi-lo, $3000, day 1

Started with 9k, good day, finished with 53,700. http://uk.pokernews.com/live-reporting/2014-wsop/event-54/

To be honest, I just play this game really tight pre flop, I think it's a mistake for anyone to do otherwise.

Level 3, 100-200

Raise from UTG, 2 calls, I have  Two Diamonds in the big blind, and raise pot to 2650. The first flatter calls. There is now 6500 in the pot and I have 6700. Flop is  three diamonds, which is very nice. I think about trap checking with just a PSB left, but I decide to bet pot (effectively all-in). He quickly folds. It's definitely pretty easy to get stacks in very quickly in this game, going to be a ton of gambling necessary tomorrow.

Level 4, 150-300

I raise to 750 with  three diamonds, David Williams calls, George Danzer calls. I have 13,200, which is the effective stack. Flop is  Two Diamonds , so I flop a medium flush draw, gutshot and the nut low draw. I bet 1800; David Williams snap pots. I don't love it, and it's not ideal to call off and gamble, but I have to go with it. Big pot. He has  , for top pair and the second nut low draw. My equity is 55.12% according to propokertools.com.

The turn is  Two Diamonds   , but we get there both ways on the river, which is  Two Diamonds .

Level 6, 250-500

I have  three clubs in the big blind, and the small blind, who is aggressive and has tons of chips, limps. I raise the pot to 1,500, just on the basis of having any low draw. Flop is  , so I flop trips. He checks, I decide to check, as it's not clean to get check-raised, and I think I am only ever getting two streets of value. Turn is    , so it's a shame the low comes in. He bets 1,100 into 3k, and I decide to raise here to 4,100. It may get him off a poor low, it gives me a free card and option on the river, and really disguises my hand, as it looks like I have A2 for the nut low. River is  , so I have threes full of jacks. He checks, I bet 9k, and he calls before I have put the chips in. He has    three clubs, so we get a very nice scoop. I maybe should have bet the full pot, it might have been a mistake. Obviously the bet is designed as a merge, as he might well fold a low, and it's very nice run good to scoop it all.

Going to go to bed now, 2pm restart, fingers crossed for tomorrow.
Amatay

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 28, 2014, 01:19:35 PM »

Great reports, really interesting. VBOL tomo mate

There is no better feeling than rocking up in a city for the first time, with nowhere to stay and everything new - so liberating.
claypole

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 28, 2014, 04:52:16 PM »

Yes, ditto...love reading your updates mate and hope you can get out tommorrow
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 28, 2014, 08:00:21 PM »

As above, and good luck today scooter guy Wink

easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 29, 2014, 09:45:37 AM »

$3k pot limit omaha hi-lo, day 2

I went back with 53,700, with average at about 27,000 with 150 left, 54 in the money.

Level 11 (level 3 of the day), 800/1600

Got off to a slow start for 2 hours, and then at 600/1200 raised to 3,200 on the hijack with  two hearts Two Clubs, and the big blind re-potted for 15,600 total. I called, and he had  two spades. Propokertools.com has this as basically 50%/50% ( I have 50.48%). The flop is  three clubs, so his kicker is playing and I am drawing thin, and the board runs out  three clubs , to give him the nut straight. Down to approximately 37k

Level 12, 800/1600

Against the same player in the same spot to 4,200, I raise with    Two Clubs, and he calls the big blind. He has 32k, and I have him covered. Flop is  , and he checks. I bet 6k, obviously hoping to take it there with what is probably the better high, and hoping not to get check-raised, to which I would have to fold. He slowly calls, and the turn is       , to now give me a draw to a live deuce, along with two pair. There is 21.6k in the pot, and he has 26k, so there is little more than a pot sized bet. My hand is good enough both ways to attempt to get a fold, and so I bet the pot. He thinks for ever, and moves all-in, and has  , so I am actually in great shape, with a better two pair, and better low draw. I can only get scooped by a rivered 3. The river is    , and so I scoop a big one with a full house, nobody having a low. Up to about 70k just before the money.

Level 14, 1200/2400

The money bubble goes on for a long time either side of a dinner break. I have 86k, about 1.2 times average, on an increasingly tough table. The table chip leader, a young guy, raises from mid position to 5k, and I have        . This turns out to be the pot of the tournament for me, and is definitely a tough decision on every street.

I could raise the pot here, but I would have to go with it, and could play an awkward flop for stacks out of position if he flats the 3-bet. I think it is right not to 3bet here, and possibly get it in before the flop, or on the flop. The bubble is obviosuly some factor, with a min cash of $5k, but the bigger factor is that my hand is not quality enough with A4 and no suits. However, at the same time it's frustrating that he will see a flop with what is going to be a reasonably wide range.

The flop is  Two Clubs, so I have aces, a gutshot and backdoor second nut low. I check, and he bets 6k into 11,200. This is the only street which is easy, stacks are too deep to check-raise and try to get it in. I call.

The turn is  Two Clubs , to give me the second nut low draw. He says pot, which is 23,200. This is getting big, there is now some real chance I could be the bubble. With 46,400 in the pot, I could definitely check-raise all in for 51,800 more, with aces and the second nut low draw, but it is tough to see getting action from a range against which I am in good shape. His bet of pot, knowing that it gives me a possible spot to move all-in, I took to indicate he was more likely to have enough strength to get stacks in.

However, at the same time, it was feeling like a spot to put ultimate pressure and leverage on a mid stack on the pure bubble. I weighed my decision in favour of thinking that he would not want to bet pot and have to fold, and so decided just to call. This would of course lead to awkward decision on the river were it not a low card, ace or jack, but I felt there was a good chance of  him checking back with SDV on the river.

The river is  Two Clubs Two Diamonds, which on the face of it is not a bad river card. I check, and he says "pot" within a few seconds. I have less than a PSB, so this is an all-in decision for 51,800 into a pot of 69,600.

Obviously it's nasty that I could out of nowhere be the bubble, but I try not to let this influence my decision too much. The first thing to work out is how much of a value range aces beats. He said pot quickly enough, that I thought it took away the most obvious part of his value range that I could beat, which would be KT and K7. The other big thing in favour of a fold is that he is just going to have showdown value alot of the time, and be able to check back with his KQQJ, A734, etc etc. So, it feels like the main contenders for hands I can beat are the big draws which turned into airballs like AQJ3, A346 with hearts, etc. However, with these hands, I wasn't convinced that he would pot the turn so easily, and leave himself having to call the rest off.

It was painful, but I decided in favour of a fold. I would still make the same decision, but overall obviously it is an awkward and nasty hand. Just maybe the closest decision is that I should check-raise all in on the turn when I had the added equity of a low draw.

Level 15, 1,500/3000

Now in the money, I was down to 54k. A short stack with 16k raised to 9k, and I had  two hearts in the big blind. I put him all in, and he had  . The flop came  Two Diamonds to give him the wheel, and we blanked off, and so moved down to 38k.

Level 16, 2000/4000

Into the final 37, I had 32k, and picked up  Two Clubs . I raised to 11k, and the big blind defended. It left almost exactly a pot sized bet. The flop was  , which was nice enough. He moved all in for pot, I snapped, and he had    , for a dubious call pre, but strong enough flop to get it in.

The turn was  three diamonds, a lovely card, which gave me a great chance to scoop. However, with just 3 outs to get scooped on the river, he hit one of them, as the  three diamonds Two Diamonds ended the dream, giving him a straight and a better low.

A tough last two hands to take; even splitting the final hand would have left me in some kind of contention. The AAQ4 hand is the one I'll think about for a while, would be interested to know people's thoughts.

So, I finished 37th for $6,109, bringing the total value of the package to $16,875.

rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 29, 2014, 10:08:03 AM »

I like the fold  but I'm a touch concerned that he might be inexperienced at omaha if he is saying pot. Maybe just an online player though so not a great read at the wsop. I think the fold is fine really, its kinda close without the bubble but he shouldn't have that many takeoffs and your hand is kinda similar to K2 ott so he should be pretty nutted otr as its a card so good for your range. So many hands you peel pre have A2 in them that he shouldn't be going too light here imo.

Pretty grim from the bb in the final hand, I mean 11k is pretty big when you have napkins.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 29, 2014, 10:22:11 AM »

I like the fold  but I'm a touch concerned that he might be inexperienced at omaha if he is saying pot. Maybe just an online player though so not a great read at the wsop. I think the fold is fine really, its kinda close without the bubble but he shouldn't have that many takeoffs and your hand is kinda similar to K2 ott so he should be pretty nutted otr as its a card so good for your range. So many hands you peel pre have A2 in them that he shouldn't be going too light here imo.

Pretty grim from the bb in the final hand, I mean 11k is pretty big when you have napkins.

Yeah cheers mate, I really felt the speed made a difference too, as he would have to think more with hands like KT or K7- the two hands I should worry about him accidentally bluffing me with. He can of course have the other two aces, but unlikely.

You're right about the saying pot. Also felt that the young kid with all the chips should try to be a hero on the bubble, although against that was that he hadn't done anything special at all for the previous 35 minutes of bubble.

Which do you think is closer- check raise turn all-in, or call river?
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 29, 2014, 12:02:16 PM »

You 3 bet the AAQ4?  I know we don't have suits, but feels like that given it is the bubble, he could go nuts with worse?  Will probably just have to go with it on that flop.  Think it is easier to play in a 3 bet pot.  Think river is probably a fold too, given what has happened.  A2 a big part of his range?

I don't know where we are at the table in the 8754 hand.  Can't be so bad if BB vs SB?

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 29, 2014, 12:39:46 PM »

I like the fold  but I'm a touch concerned that he might be inexperienced at omaha if he is saying pot. Maybe just an online player though so not a great read at the wsop. I think the fold is fine really, its kinda close without the bubble but he shouldn't have that many takeoffs and your hand is kinda similar to K2 ott so he should be pretty nutted otr as its a card so good for your range. So many hands you peel pre have A2 in them that he shouldn't be going too light here imo.

You 3 bet the AAQ4?  I know we don't have suits, but feels like that given it is the bubble, he could go nuts with worse?  Will probably just have to go with it on that flop.  Think it is easier to play in a 3 bet pot.  Think river is probably a fold too, given what has happened.  A2 a big part of his range?

I don't know where we are at the table in the 8754 hand.  Can't be so bad if BB vs SB?

I raise from lo-jack in the AA72 vs 8754 exit hand, so it feels too loose given a hand that is so tough to flop well in both directions.

I feel like the big problem with 3betting the AAQ4 is the SPR that it will create. I would be re-raising pot to approximately 17k, so we would playing an SPR of about two, which I think gives him an opportunity to peel to get it in with a range that does well against aces. For example, I just have to bet and call it off on a flop like the KT2 that came, and it's tough to see that being in good shape vs his range that gets it in. I feel the other problem is that when I 3bet as a largish stack on the bubble, it will look to opponent that this is likely aces, and so he might well be able to proceed with a dead read on my hand. However, you might well be right; if there is any chance that he tries to hero 4bet me off the hand pre with AKK5 etc, there is a stronger case to 3bet, hoping he will 4bet AI wide rather than peel wide in position.
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 29, 2014, 01:16:27 PM »

The aaq4 hand is really really close IMO. I don't think you're making much of a mistake or a much better play going either way with it pre.

He's pretty much always peeling if you raise but I expect him to not put more pressure on pre. Just doubt anyone was really light 3 betting on the bubble.

Whilst the aces are poor enough that we won't love getting it in on too many flops we also hate really having to call  2/3 streets on a lot of boards too.

If you 3bet, is bet folding some flops really horrible?

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 29, 2014, 01:18:48 PM »

I like the fold  but I'm a touch concerned that he might be inexperienced at omaha if he is saying pot. Maybe just an online player though so not a great read at the wsop. I think the fold is fine really, its kinda close without the bubble but he shouldn't have that many takeoffs and your hand is kinda similar to K2 ott so he should be pretty nutted otr as its a card so good for your range. So many hands you peel pre have A2 in them that he shouldn't be going too light here imo.

You 3 bet the AAQ4?  I know we don't have suits, but feels like that given it is the bubble, he could go nuts with worse?  Will probably just have to go with it on that flop.  Think it is easier to play in a 3 bet pot.  Think river is probably a fold too, given what has happened.  A2 a big part of his range?

I don't know where we are at the table in the 8754 hand.  Can't be so bad if BB vs SB?

I raise from lo-jack in the AA72 vs 8754 exit hand, so it feels too loose given a hand that is so tough to flop well in both directions.

I feel like the big problem with 3betting the AAQ4 is the SPR that it will create. I would be re-raising pot to approximately 17k, so we would playing an SPR of about two, which I think gives him an opportunity to peel to get it in with a range that does well against aces. For example, I just have to bet and call it off on a flop like the KT2 that came, and it's tough to see that being in good shape vs his range that gets it in. I feel the other problem is that when I 3bet as a largish stack on the bubble, it will look to opponent that this is likely aces, and so he might well be able to proceed with a dead read on my hand. However, you might well be right; if there is any chance that he tries to hero 4bet me off the hand pre with AKK5 etc, there is a stronger case to 3bet, hoping he will 4bet AI wide rather than peel wide in position.

I prefer to play that hand with a bigger stack in pre.  Though it is likely a top 5% hand, it feels like it is always going to be messy and you aren't ever going to have the nuts.  So it looks more difficult to play deep stacked on the bubble.  I'd prefer to get the pot bigger and know that I am not going to be making a massive mistake post on a flop like this.  My PLO8 game had gone a bit nuts though due to a diet of NLO8 Hypers.   I don't think I'd pause to 3 bet and get it in on that flop in the $50 game (RIP), so don't think I should pause here.  I would be interested in Adam's view because I suspect his PLO8/NLO8 and slow pace/fast pace ratios are much healthier than mine.  

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: