blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:45:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  Stuart Rutter WSOP package, at 1.05
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stuart Rutter WSOP package, at 1.05  (Read 38839 times)
strak33

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: July 04, 2014, 05:43:36 PM »

Echo the non investor but have read every post. Really good thread.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 04, 2014, 07:01:22 PM »

I didn't have a piece either but loved the updates and funked as if I had some.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 04, 2014, 09:17:38 PM »

+1 to all the points made!

Good luck today really enjoying the updates hope you and your backers get the lot!

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 04, 2014, 11:11:42 PM »

Thanks so much guys,it means alot, gutted there couldn't be better news.

Will be updating the Main Event on here if that's OK. Although not officially sold in the thread, it's been sold to the side event package stakers.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 04, 2014, 11:19:31 PM »

For balance, I'm fed up of reading 500 words of "Lebanese high low triple stud with eights wild and one for his nob"

Smiley

It's a tremendous read for us recs. Really is. Enjoying it immensely. Just do some more wins, if you would be so delicious.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 04, 2014, 11:26:35 PM »

For balance, I'm fed up of reading 500 words of "Lebanese high low triple stud with eights wild and one for his nob"

Smiley

It's a tremendous read for us recs. Really is. Enjoying it immensely. Just do some more wins, if you would be so delicious.

One for his nob is cribbage, right? Vaguely remember my grandad explaining the rules to the game, and that being the only bit that stuck!
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 04, 2014, 11:36:29 PM »

Smiley

One for his nob is cribbage, right? Vaguely remember my grandad explaining the rules to the game, and that being the only bit that stuck!

It is.

There's an episode of Black Books where they play something like Lebanese High Low Triple Stud. Bernard gets himself into a poker den, cheats and somehow ends up with Mr Bun the Baker in his hand.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
dino1980
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 05, 2014, 01:24:22 AM »

I didn't have a piece either but loved the updates and funked as if I had some.
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 09, 2014, 01:34:07 AM »

$10,000 Main Event, Day 1C, Monday 7th July

I always love the first day of the Main Event, and today was no exception, but ultimately was a frustrating day. It was a very friendly table, and that was echoed poker-wise, as everyone was very passive and threat-free all day.

I definitely would prefer to err on the side of caution and pot control in the Main Event, as it's just so possible to get great table draws for the first 2/3 days. However, this was a table that seemed to demand getting out of line. I decided after about half an hour of the day that I would try to get gently out of line, without ever getting really out of line, and would wait til the end of the first 2-hour level to do so.

Unfortunately, I just didn't get any hands all day, 88 was the best starting hand, and didn't hit anything at all (apart from hand number 1!). I was 6/7 on squeezes, 3/4 on 3bet pots with nothing (QJ, 65, QT,JT), and it was a table where continuation bets, etc made a lot of money.

It's a shame that there wasn't really much to write about. These were the three most interesting pots of the day.

1) Level 3, 150-300

This I think was a bad mistake. I think image counts for so much on a poor table in the Main Event, and image at this kind of table is not formed in a balanced way. I always think if you show one silly hand, the type of player that forms this day one table will remember it in a completely unbalanced way. Play 93, and for a while, you will be remembered as 93 guy. I raised the cut-off with ultra passive blinds to 650 with  (the mistake), and the small-blind defended. The flop was    , and I made the standard c-bet of 700. The turn was  , giving me a straight draw, and I decided to check behind. The river was  , giving me the straight. He had made a crucial comment after the flop bet, saying "I guess your ace is bigger than mine." I actually decided to read this really heavily that he was strong, and so that there was a good chance he had a set. Hence, my turn check, and on the river, I actually decided to bet the pot, for 3k. He quickly called, and my hand was good.

Given the result, I guess it worked out well, but for about 45 minutes after this people were still talking about the 93 (I'm now presuming he had a set of fives), and I retreated a bit. Given how possible it was to pick up chips steadily and silently, I think it was a mistake to play a super weak hand, with the risk of having to show it.

2)Level 5, 200-400(50)

Hands 2) and 3) were the last two hands of the night. This was almost completely coincidence given the run-out, but I had definitely decided that I could afford to destroy my image when they announced the last five hands of the night, and get really out of line. I had raised  to 900, and the big blind 3-bet to 2,200. His range was going to be genuine, and so I decided to peel, and the flop was  . He bet 2,400, and I called. The turn was  , and we both checked, The river was  , and he bet 3,800 from a 13,200 stack.

It's a fairly standard turn a hand into a  bluff spot, given that there are no flush draws, and no missed straight draws. I actually thought there was little chance he would 3bet AQ, AJ and KT, and so being able to take these three hands from this range made it feel a really easy bluff.

I moved all-in. It definitely felt a positive thing that it was the penultimate hand of the day, but I would hope that this run-out and action was a bluff at any point during the day. He thought for ever, and folded. I'm not quite sure what he had, just maybe AQ is now the favorite, but I guess even that is a near bluff-catcher.

Level 5, 200-400(50)

I was back up to 31k, and on the last hand of the night raised to 900 with  on the hi-jack. The big blind, who was the only relatively tricky player, defended, and the flop came  two spades. He checked, and I decided to check behind for pot-control. The turn bought a brick, coming  two spades three clubs, and he pretty quicky bet 1,500. I called.

The river was  two spades three clubs . He thought, seemed to dislike it, and checked. It felt straight away like a very strong spot to turn my hand into a bluff. The strongest thing was that I felt very sure that he would not check a flush, and the  was a blocker on the one flush that he might just check. He would have far more jacks than aces, and so few combos to make two pairs, that it felt like his checking range was stuffed with jacks.  The pot was 5,450, and I decided to bet 5,800. He thought for a while, and called with  for a straight.

At first, as we were bagging up, I felt stupid, especially given this was the difference between 22kish and near starting stack, but on reflection, I think I had to turn my hand into a bluff given the action. Just maybe I hit the very top of his checking range.

So, going back with 21,850, which felt a disappointment at the end of the day, but given the next 250/500 blind level and the field, still feels very hopeful.
teamonkey

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 09, 2014, 02:18:21 PM »

keep at it matey, i'm not a backer, but i do love a decent report on things

Mick
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 09, 2014, 07:25:39 PM »

Mick

Cheers Mick.

Day two today, going in now, excited. Table 180, seat 2, Pavillion.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 09, 2014, 07:37:02 PM »

Mick

Cheers Mick.

Day two today, going in now, excited. Table 180, seat 2, Pavillion.

All the best today, like others have said it's been very interesting to read all your insights to the various games - cheers

sola virtus nobilitat
JaffaCake

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 09, 2014, 09:01:44 PM »

Good luck for day 2 Stu, if only so the trip reports continue Smiley Defo a future as an updater if it all goes wrong. Think you're right with last hand of day one, about the only hand that checks that will call the river overbet, maybe a set but not many of those in his range given the way it was played. GL today
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 10, 2014, 10:25:04 AM »

$10,000 Main Event, day 2, Wednesday 9th July

Writing in haste, as I want to get sleep right now with these early starts and narrow gaps!

I went back today with 21,850, had a blast again, and the simple news is good, that I bagged up 199,500 for day three.

21,850 had quickly become 39k by the middle of the first level, as I knocked out a 9k short stack with  vs all-in on  , and won a few other small pots. This felt like a massive difference, and I felt confident for the rest of the day.

More coming..
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 10, 2014, 10:28:58 AM »

Really enjoy your write ups Stu - well done on a great day and fingers crossed for a deep run from here!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: