blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:43:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Fat, sick, and nearly dead... 2 weeks in Downtown Las Vegas :)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fat, sick, and nearly dead... 2 weeks in Downtown Las Vegas :)  (Read 50710 times)
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: July 03, 2014, 12:55:12 PM »

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=184649
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 03, 2014, 01:43:55 PM »

That's the kid... Although, he'd whacked a razor round his boat, and spent the last 6 months doing arm curls!!

He also had more food in his rucksack than I've eaten this week Smiley

I thought he played well, and was a nice fella too.

bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 03, 2014, 01:47:47 PM »

good luck for the rest of your trip Marky

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 03, 2014, 03:24:13 PM »

good luck for the rest of your trip Marky

Cheers, bobby!

Just seen the latest crack American drinking team off Cheesy

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 04, 2014, 01:03:42 AM »

Judging by Facebook, I'll soon need to remove the word 'almost' from the title Smiley

Sounds like you're having a great time. Enjoying the diary.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 04, 2014, 01:35:52 AM »

I've actually never felt so fresh coming off a 9am finish Grin

Be nice to win a big flip at some point, but c'est la vie... Worse places to lose than here!

Couple of mates are still in the main downstairs, so time for a shower, and then I'll head down to cheer them on 

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 05, 2014, 01:04:34 AM »

The other lads both cashed, but didn't make the big bucks unfortunately. 2nd time in a row that the guy I flew out with has made a deep run, and I think that the Planet Hollywood main is on the cards tomorrow, if we're not dead...

Carnage again last night, and I'm starting to remember why I went 11 1/2 months without touching a drop of alcohol. The hangovers are horrendous when you drink too much, and mix your drinks as well!

Grabbed dinner John Conroy, when the bubble burst in the comp last night, and then he joined me at the bar after being unable to get there when 4balling into Aces with about 40 left. First time I've seen John for a while, so was good to catch up, and I think we're going to dinner again tonight*

*John was slightly inebriated when last sighted at 3am, so he might keep himself away me tonight, with the main event to play tomorrow Grin

tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 05, 2014, 01:55:21 AM »

Lightweight Smiley bout time you came home for 11 months n 2 weeks of sobriety
Best get there when I do next year Smiley
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 05, 2014, 03:19:48 AM »

Lightweight Smiley bout time you came home for 11 months n 2 weeks of sobriety
Best get there when I do next year Smiley

That is what I'll likely do, although I might come out 2 weeks later next year, and go for a whole 12 months with no booze.

You boys were running scared, and made sure you were out of town before the 'A-Team' hit the bar!

We even picked up our own Mr-T along the way Grin

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 06, 2014, 03:17:13 AM »

Remembered why I normally don't leave the Nugget on July 4th nowadays... It was absolutely chaotic last night, with concerts on up and down Fremont Street, and there was a massive thunderstorm to top it all off.

I've never seen rain like it in Vegas, and we got caught heading down to a Thai restaurant for dinner. They had security gates for people getting in and out of the concert area, and it was turned into anarchy by the weather.

Best of all, we spent 45 minutes getting from one end of Fremont to the other, and the restaurant was closed early because of the weather. Half of it is outside, but undercover, and they had closed that area, and brought everyone inside. The woman thought we were mad, because we burst out laughing when she told us that they were shut.

Simon had chucked a bin liner over him, so that he wouldn't get too wet, and I had a hoody on anyway. We headed back to the Nugget for dinner, and just dived into the sushi place there for a bite. I definitely prefer the tapas style of eating, where you just order several different dishes, and then just pick your way through them. I guess I have spent too many years just on the 'Steak and Spuds' staple Smiley

After dinner the lad I'm travelling with went to bed, and I headed off to meet up with another guy I know from the UK. He was meeting up with some lads he knows from out here, who are dealers at the Nugget, and they turned out to be massive degens. Wages must be alright, because one of them was doing anything up to $500 a hand, and playing 2 boxes, too!!

I found it quite hard to get my head round, and my mate said that they basically work for free because they degen so much elsewhere...

Was going to play the Planet Hollywood tourney today, but when I woke up I couldn't decide if I wanted to play, and that isn't a great sign. I decided to just chill out in the room, and watch the football matches, before maybe heading downstairs and watching the main card of the UFC tonight.

Good luck to all Blondes in the main event, and hopefully there will be a November niner on the forum!!

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 06, 2014, 01:23:16 PM »

Badly timed nap means I missed the UFC, and that I'm probably now up for the day, which isn't great. On the flip side means I'll be asleep at a reasonable time tonight, and won't be rolling onto the plane having finished drinking at lunchtime on Monday, Tom Wink

I really am hopefully going to cash a live tournament soon, but a sample size of 6/7 a year doesn't give you much hope of ironing out the variance. I think that I should really give some thought to doing a bit more time grinding the 1/2, than I do grinding the bar, and I might even freeroll a trip that is littered with tourney bricks. No point worrying about that now though, as what's done is done, and it's another trip in the books.

Got a few bits of laundry to sort out shortly, so I've got some gladrags for the last night, and then I think that I'll pack a day early, just to be safe...

Bit of a detox once I'm settled back in at home, and hopefully the building work my parents were having done while I was away is complete. I've got a big enough job staying upright on flat ground, nevermind a hallway with half the floor up Cheesy

Was disappointed not to catch up with Tikay, and a few of the other Blonde guys, but Vegas is so big that it's something which happens very easily, and even myself and the guys who I travelled with have been like ships in the night at times.

Guess it's time to find something to watch on TV, and hope that I can grab a couple hours before it's officially 'Sunday Morning'

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 06, 2014, 01:35:37 PM »

Badly timed nap means I missed the UFC, and that I'm probably now up for the day, which isn't great. On the flip side means I'll be asleep at a reasonable time tonight, and won't be rolling onto the plane having finished drinking at lunchtime on Monday, Tom Wink

I really am hopefully going to cash a live tournament soon, but a sample size of 6/7 a year doesn't give you much hope of ironing out the variance. I think that I should really give some thought to doing a bit more time grinding the 1/2, than I do grinding the bar, and I might even freeroll a trip that is littered with tourney bricks. No point worrying about that now though, as what's done is done, and it's another trip in the books.

Got a few bits of laundry to sort out shortly, so I've got some gladrags for the last night, and then I think that I'll pack a day early, just to be safe...

Bit of a detox once I'm settled back in at home, and hopefully the building work my parents were having done while I was away is complete. I've got a big enough job staying upright on flat ground, nevermind a hallway with half the floor up Cheesy

Was disappointed not to catch up with Tikay, and a few of the other Blonde guys, but Vegas is so big that it's something which happens very easily, and even myself and the guys who I travelled with have been like ships in the night at times.

Guess it's time to find something to watch on TV, and hope that I can grab a couple hours before it's officially 'Sunday Morning'

I can barely believe we missed each other, we even shared a Tourney @ Binions, that was the day I was sat next to Marsha Whatsit (Wagoner?) & she took all my chips.

I only saw Thewy once all trip as it happens, though I saw Ryan a few times, & saw a lot of Robert Price. Never saw enough of kaibobble, aka Kate Langshaw, sadly, though one can't really, can one?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: July 06, 2014, 01:41:47 PM »

Never saw enough of kaibobble, aka Kate Langshaw, sadly, though one can't really, can one?

She must have seen you first....

The older I get, the better I was.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 06, 2014, 01:47:20 PM »

How much u done on strippers?
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 06, 2014, 02:35:48 PM »

I can barely believe we missed each other, we even shared a Tourney @ Binions, that was the day I was sat next to Marsha Whatsit (Wagoner?) & she took all my chips.

I only saw Thewy once all trip as it happens, though I saw Ryan a few times, & saw a lot of Robert Price. Never saw enough of kaibobble, aka Kate Langshaw, sadly, though one can't really, can one?

I know, and if we had played 2 or 3, I may have gotten a complex Wink

I did spend a few hours on the same table as David Lloyd in that comp, and other than that have only really met up with some of Paul Jackson's lads, and a few Americans that were in tow with them.

@ Woodsey

This trip - Nothing

Lifetime - I don't want to think

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: