blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:24:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Fat, sick, and nearly dead... 2 weeks in Downtown Las Vegas :)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fat, sick, and nearly dead... 2 weeks in Downtown Las Vegas :)  (Read 50708 times)
claypole

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 06, 2014, 05:58:18 PM »

I call
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 06, 2014, 06:10:27 PM »

I call

Would have been a good call going back a few years, but I haven't been to a strip club in Vegas for the last few trips.

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 06, 2014, 06:52:41 PM »

I call

Would have been a good call going back a few years, but I haven't been to a strip club in Vegas for the last few trips.

Did they come to you?  Cheesy
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 06, 2014, 07:45:35 PM »

I call

Did they come to you?  Cheesy

If I'm not paying strip club rates, I'm definitely not paying takeaway stripper rates Cheesy

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 06, 2014, 10:01:49 PM »

Badly timed nap means I missed the UFC, and that I'm probably now up for the day, which isn't great. On the flip side means I'll be asleep at a reasonable time tonight, and won't be rolling onto the plane having finished drinking at lunchtime on Monday, Tom Wink

I really am hopefully going to cash a live tournament soon, but a sample size of 6/7 a year doesn't give you much hope of ironing out the variance. I think that I should really give some thought to doing a bit more time grinding the 1/2, than I do grinding the bar, and I might even freeroll a trip that is littered with tourney bricks. No point worrying about that now though, as what's done is done, and it's another trip in the books.

Got a few bits of laundry to sort out shortly, so I've got some gladrags for the last night, and then I think that I'll pack a day early, just to be safe...

Bit of a detox once I'm settled back in at home, and hopefully the building work my parents were having done while I was away is complete. I've got a big enough job staying upright on flat ground, nevermind a hallway with half the floor up Cheesy

Was disappointed not to catch up with Tikay, and a few of the other Blonde guys, but Vegas is so big that it's something which happens very easily, and even myself and the guys who I travelled with have been like ships in the night at times.

Guess it's time to find something to watch on TV, and hope that I can grab a couple hours before it's officially 'Sunday Morning'

Never saw enough of kaibobble, aka Kate Langshaw, sadly, though one can't really, can one?

She must have seen you first....

I've got 2 tickets to Iron Maiden baby,

Come with me Friday, don't say maybe......

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: July 06, 2014, 10:08:39 PM »

Badly timed nap means I missed the UFC, and that I'm probably now up for the day, which isn't great. On the flip side means I'll be asleep at a reasonable time tonight, and won't be rolling onto the plane having finished drinking at lunchtime on Monday, Tom Wink

I really am hopefully going to cash a live tournament soon, but a sample size of 6/7 a year doesn't give you much hope of ironing out the variance. I think that I should really give some thought to doing a bit more time grinding the 1/2, than I do grinding the bar, and I might even freeroll a trip that is littered with tourney bricks. No point worrying about that now though, as what's done is done, and it's another trip in the books.

Got a few bits of laundry to sort out shortly, so I've got some gladrags for the last night, and then I think that I'll pack a day early, just to be safe...

Bit of a detox once I'm settled back in at home, and hopefully the building work my parents were having done while I was away is complete. I've got a big enough job staying upright on flat ground, nevermind a hallway with half the floor up Cheesy

Was disappointed not to catch up with Tikay, and a few of the other Blonde guys, but Vegas is so big that it's something which happens very easily, and even myself and the guys who I travelled with have been like ships in the night at times.

Guess it's time to find something to watch on TV, and hope that I can grab a couple hours before it's officially 'Sunday Morning'

Never saw enough of kaibobble, aka Kate Langshaw, sadly, though one can't really, can one?

You're just a  teenage  dirt-bag baby....
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 10:10:37 PM by RED-DOG » Logged

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 07, 2014, 07:24:53 AM »

You're just a  teenage  dirt-bag baby....

Good grief, you recognized the track. GREAT track of it's era it is, too.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 07, 2014, 08:22:48 AM »

It's great how you can associate different songs with different events in your life...

It was the fifteenth anniversary of myself joining he navy last week, and I posted about it to a couple of the lads I joined up with on Facebook. It was pretty funny, because they couldn't believe it had been that long, and then I was remembering a few of the songs that always remind me of the 3 months we spent in basic training at HMS Raleigh.

Tracks that were getting a lot of airplay on the radio from that time, and would often play when we were up making sure our washing was ironed to A4 for our lockers, before call the hands at 530am.

The most stressful time of my life to date at that point, but definitely one that I look back on very fondly nowadays.

Always remember 'teenage dirtbag' bein played regularly on nights out when I had just gotten to Portsmouth in the summer of 2000.

Great times!!

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 07, 2014, 08:42:48 AM »

It's great how you can associate different songs with different events in your life...

It was the fifteenth anniversary of myself joining he navy last week, and I posted about it to a couple of the lads I joined up with on Facebook. It was pretty funny, because they couldn't believe it had been that long, and then I was remembering a few of the songs that always remind me of the 3 months we spent in basic training at HMS Raleigh.

Tracks that were getting a lot of airplay on the radio from that time, and would often play when we were up making sure our washing was ironed to A4 for our lockers, before call the hands at 530am.

The most stressful time of my life to date at that point, but definitely one that I look back on very fondly nowadays.

Always remember 'teenage dirtbag' bein played regularly on nights out when I had just gotten to Portsmouth in the summer of 2000.

Great times!!

That's the best thing about music, it resonates to a time in our life. Good & bad, of course, but I'm at the stage of life where I'm winding down, & so reflecting on my life is something I do all the time now, I have more to look back upon that look forward to.

Music rings so many bells.

This is another track which resonates strongly with a period in my life. It's actually aged remarkably well considering it must be getting on for 40 years old.

I think I might just be in love with Joe Walsh, (4.40 on) what a cool guy he is, & just get that suit. 

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 10, 2014, 10:37:40 AM »

Great song, and one which is popular with all generations I would think!

I'm only 33, and I often stroll down memory lane now... I guess I should start writing it down, because there is no way my frazzled noggin is going to be able to remember back this far if I make it as far as yourself Wink

I guess I better close the trip out this afternoon at some point, and suffice to say that the journey home wasn't without a few speed bumps...

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 10, 2014, 02:30:43 PM »

Hotel California would easily be in my top 5 of all time. Maybe even top 3. And it was just before my time. I think.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: July 16, 2014, 03:49:40 AM »

me and claypole going to vegas for a week in sept/oct mate get yourself involved
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 16, 2014, 12:16:16 PM »

Hotel California would easily be in my top 5 of all time. Maybe even top 3. And it was just before my time. I think.

Call  Wink

me and claypole going to vegas for a week in sept/oct mate get yourself involved

I would absolutely love to, but there is more chance of me running a marathon than getting out to Vegas again this year Sad

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 16, 2014, 12:44:09 PM »

Might as well wrap this up while I have a spare 10 minutes...

The last few days of the trip were quite strange, because there were only 2 of us left, and the other lad was very sick.

That left me to my own devices, so I decided that I would head to Le Thai for a last supper on my own, before having a quiet night at the bar, and then trying to get a bit of kip before the flight home.

A great plan in theory, but it started going wrong when I got to Le Thai, only to find out that they closed on Sundays... I was going to use up some comps I've got from Landrys at Vic & Anthony's, but thirst got the better of me, and I dived into the food courts on the way back to Claude's Bar.

Kelly was working, so I parked up, and plotted up at the bar for the evening. Well, unless Simon had made a recovery, and fancied going out to cause some mischief, which unfortunately didn't happen.

Around 2am Kelly finished, and I had probably walloped the best part of a bottle of Vodka in that time, so I headed up to the room shortly afterwards, and felt pleased that I had packed earlier. I woke around 8am, and felt about as well as Simon had looked when he was ill. I was shaking, being sick, and sweating like I was outside at lunchtime in a suit!

I drank loads of water, in between praying to the porcelain god, and was getting a little worried about how I was going to deal with a flight in this state. By lunchtime I was no better, so I contacted the number given on the Virgin website for changing flights, and was kept on hold for 90 minutes, with nobody answering the line.

Simon is now whatsapping me to find out what is going on, and if I've finished packing etc. I let him know that I have almost, but I'm going to need some help, and I'm not even sure that I'll be able to fly. He pops up, and helps me to pack the rest of my stuff, while I'm shivering, sweating, and still on hold to Virgin Atlantic!

I give up in the end, and say to Simon that I'll just have to hope I'm not sick on the flight, and he'll have to hope that I'm not sick on him Cheesy

To top everything off, our limo doesn't turn up, and we have to grab a cab. The journey doesn't start too well, as he is driving us up the strip, and I instantly request that he takes us on the freeway, because we have a plane to catch. He takes a couple turns, and we're on some other roads, but definitely not any freeways. He starts babbling about how it's more expensive, and I try to explain that $10 is not worth 15 minutes of my time at present, because we have a plane to catch.

We get there eventually, and he is telling us proudly that he saved us $8 by taking us the short way, even though it was much longer timewise. I had been pretty short with him when he didn't take the freeway, and he obviously meant well, so I tipped him $10 anyway, and then staggered into the airport.

Simon had gone ahead, and said to wait at the seats inside the door, while he sorted everything out. Happy days, I thought, as I plotted up an waited. 5 minute or so passed, and I noticed Simon heading back towards me with somebody important in tow.

This turned out to be one of the service managers for Virgin Atlantic, and after speaking with Simon she was talking about pulling me off the plane! I had made it this far, so there was no way I wasn't flying home now, and I repeatedly assured her that I was just feeling a little peaky, and definitely didn't want to be put up in a hotel for a few days until I was feeling better. Thankfully I swang it my way, and she said it was ok for me to fly, and that she had sorted it for us to have an empty seat between us.

I asked Simon what he had said to her, and he said that he had been angling for an upgrade, so laid it on really thick about my MS, and being ill, obviously not expecting her to try and pull me off the plane Cheesy

As eventful a time I've had at an airport, and a lucky escape by all accounts, as I definitely didn't want to spend a couple days at South Point on my own before flying home!!

A comical end to the trip, and hopefully the last time I almost get the boot from my flight when stone cold sober Grin

leethefish

winners never quit quitters never win

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 20, 2014, 06:48:03 PM »

Enjoyed the write ups marky
Comical end!

http://www.ljwcarpenter.co.uk       

http://alzheimers.org.uk/

www.ageuk.org.uk/

If you can meet with triumph and disaster And treat those two impostors just the same......yours is the Earth and everything that's in it...And - which is more --you'll be a Man, my son.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: