blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 11:41:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272574 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Glastonbury 2014
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Glastonbury 2014  (Read 7319 times)
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2014, 06:10:36 PM »

- Rudimental. Congratulations to the deity who cut their set short with an electrical storm. Proof that there is a God

Made me chuckle...love Elbow though Smiley

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
Tonji
They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2014, 09:15:04 PM »

Jack White ROCKS 

http://www.photonet.org.uk/

Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2014, 10:02:37 PM »

Arcade Fire are fantastic, particularly live.

Looking forward to seeing them again on Sunday, live in Dublin, supported by the Pixies.  Pretty much a dream line up for me!

As I said on facebook - billing should deffo be the other way round - I've never got Arcade Fire but the Pixies are obviously awesome.  Been trying to watch them on red button but had to give up as it was so jumpy.  Anyone know where I'll be able to watch the full set later?

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2014, 10:03:34 PM »

Jack White ROCKS 

Jack is the epitome of cool <3

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Tonji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2014, 10:15:22 PM »

Arcade Fire are fantastic, particularly live.

Looking forward to seeing them again on Sunday, live in Dublin, supported by the Pixies.  Pretty much a dream line up for me!

As I said on facebook - billing should deffo be the other way round - I've never got Arcade Fire but the Pixies are obviously awesome.  Been trying to watch them on red button but had to give up as it was so jumpy.  Anyone know where I'll be able to watch the full set later?

Should be on BBC Glastonbury site later. tis Good imo  Smiley

Tonji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2014, 10:27:36 PM »

day 2 100% better already.

was tremendous

KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2014, 10:52:10 PM »

Metallica set so far has been awesome, but it is annoying Julie and I that they are playing all their songs half a beat faster than the recorded tracks!
Tonji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2014, 12:43:39 AM »

neighbours gonna hate me, Metallica & Mogwai at full volume  Smiley

Matt.NFFC.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2014, 09:39:13 PM »

Really enjoyed Arcade Fire and Jake Bugg on the telly box.
Nakor
Tinca Tinca

Serve the spider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2014, 01:32:48 PM »

Home and clean.
Not seen any of the TV footage as yet. It was wet, basically 3 huge cloudbursts with some cool pyro thrown in that cut the site power for about 20 mins. Was most surreal. Poor old Rudimental in the middle of their biggest tune. The site stood up amazingly well and you could of been welly free on Sunday really.

Metallica were amazing, a proper greatest hit set played almost at recorded speed. They drew a massive crowd far bigger then I expected and they seemed to retain most. the sing along to One in particular was most impressive. Don't know if they showed the walk on vid? But worth a watch on You Tube check out "Glastalica" It's by Julian Temple which is a nice touch.

Away from the main event Roodrigo Y Gabriela, Jack White, Jurassic 5 (note to De La Soul that's how you do Old Skool) Subways and the Black Keys all performed far above expectations and there were some high expectations. Skrillex? I tried, but I just don't get it where is the payoff? Lights were pretty though. Paulo clean and sober is just not as good, sorry. Lily entertained, Robert Plant disappointed more due to who he was not on stage with rather then anything he did. It wasn't all fun, fun, fun Interpol, George Ezra, Kooks, 1975 (wtf) all tried to bore me to Death.

Jagwar Ma were a pleasant surprise as was Kelis. Dolly drew a huge crowd and she is good at what she does, don't particularly like what she does but it was what it was. She was no Al Green or even Kenny Rogers.

Away from the main areas, Roni Size and Dynamite were perfect post Metallica madness. Find of the weekend was Addictive.tv go see them it has to be live the interaction between sight and sound is perfect. Craig Charles was excellent, he loves his life that boy.

Massive Attack were miss of the weekend to see Kasabian (they were on last, and the wife's band of the weekend,so attendance was compulsory), but Kasabian were better then expected, I understand they have a new album out and we needing telling once or twice.

Lots of small site changes this year and all enhanced the festival. Eavis delivers again.
6 great days. One more year please.

Shit post Nakor, such a clown.

What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2014, 01:49:43 PM »

enjoyed days 2 and 3 more than day 1, as a TV watcher

what was with dolly and goldfrapp miming? is that acceptable do we think?

Not a Metallica fan, but it was a good show from a fairly important band in their genre. Not sure who the people were at the back of the stage, but was amused by their resolute failure to bang their heads, clap their hands or sway from side to side in time to any beat of any song over the whole two hours. Impressive

not so impressed that metallica appeared to have two songs, each of which lasted over an hour. or maybe that was just my imagination

If I see Gemma Cairney presenting again in the near future, just shoot me. Horrendous.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Nakor
Tinca Tinca

Serve the spider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2014, 04:24:44 PM »

Dolly mimed? She was so out of breath, changed lots of words etc is was a very good pre record if so.
Bloody gonna have to watch it back now.

Shit post Nakor, such a clown.

What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2014, 05:56:09 PM »

Dolly mimed? She was so out of breath, changed lots of words etc is was a very good pre record if so.

It's on the slower tunes where you can see it - given away by the fact she was out of breath when talking to the crowd after a quick song then perfectly into a quiet song. She's done it at her concerts for years.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2014, 07:15:06 PM »

It wasn't all fun, fun, fun Interpol, George Ezra, Kooks, 1975 (wtf) all tried to bore me to Death.

Sounds like you had a great experience and I'm just a tad jealous, one of these days Ima get off my lazy ass.

Not surprising that music so divides opinion I guess but I'm gonna have to turn down my miserometer as the Interpol performance was my fave performance ainec from my perspective.

Conversely, Metallica just completely pass me by but I love Korn, in fact the only time I actually like Metallica is when I listen to Korn's version of 'One' - which I'm sure you'll agree is that rare thing where the cover surpasses the original to such a degree that you forget who did the original :-)

sola virtus nobilitat
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2014, 07:44:27 PM »

It's on the slower tunes where you can see it - given away by the fact she was out of breath when talking to the crowd after a quick song then perfectly into a quiet song. She's done it at her concerts for years.

I watched a couple of vids and to my uneducated eye it didn't look like she was miming.  If she was she's bloody good at it, and if she would have sounded like shite singing live then it's all fine and dandy imo (wish macca had thought of it for the Olympics)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: