blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 10:11:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272644 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Probably a very easy question
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Probably a very easy question  (Read 1115 times)
Rod

View Profile
« on: June 29, 2014, 09:18:52 AM »

Hi Guy's

Was wondering if people could have a look at this hand for me, obviously it is played badly, kinda leveled myself during the hand, but what should my thinking be during this hand. I think I should probably be folding the turn but I have a few questions I was hoping some people can help with, the player is a pretty standard $25nl Zoom player 20/18 (55 hands) only seen him 3 bet once and he folded too it:-

1) Is my PFR too small? Maybe $2 would be better - pretty sure it would be?

2) Is the cbet sizing good?

3) What is the right play on the flop when I get raised on this kind of board (I was thinking he can have TT, JJ or maybe QQ here as well as sets)

4) Related to 3 what range should I give him and what should my plan on later streets be?

5) If we were just playing 100BB deep would it be correct to just get it in on the flop in this game?

Poker Stars $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 2529427
DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (BTN): $93.90
SB: $33.15
BB: $25.00
UTG: $40.30
MP: $25.69
CO: $53.64

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is BTN with A :diamond: A :club:
UTG raises to $0.50, 2 folds, Hero raises to $1.50, SB calls $1.40, 1 fold, UTG calls $1

Flop: ($4.75) 7 :spade: 9 :club: 4 :heart: (3 players)
SB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets $3, SB calls $3, UTG raises to $8, Hero calls $5, SB folds

Turn: ($23.75) 7 :heart: (2 players)
UTG bets $11.34, Hero calls $11.34

River: ($46.43) Q :diamond: (2 players)
UTG bets $19.46 all in, Hero calls $19.46
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2014, 11:23:16 AM »

Looks good to me, wouldn't fold the turn, prolly wouldn't fold the river either but there's a pretty decent chance you should at this stakes...

1) you're 3bet over an EP open from the BTN I think the size is good.
2) 3 way yeh I like the cbet.
3) I'd call the flop raise for sure, I'd also call the turn, idk what the general tendencies are for these games but obv it's a lil worrying he's bet again on a card that strengthens your bluff catchers and hell defo lose some f his flop bluffs on this card but...you got aces !!!
4) I guess JT with a bd FD is the best bluffing hand for him, T8, 86 and 56 as well although idk how many of those he has PF, prolly the odd suited combo if that. People do take off randomly though ... I'd start with a call and really hope one street is checked to you.
5) prolly, or call and stack turns but it's a lil obvious when you have >pot back that this is your plan

I think you should have folded the river, everything else looks good

Flash92

onesickhunt.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2014, 01:23:03 PM »

Hmm I'm not so sure, I think $2-$2.50 is better pre.

Flop sizing (65%) is okay I think. Once raised I am probably calling once and evaluating. I do not think that villain will be bluffing that often, especially given his sizing, but as you mentioned he may well be incorrectly v betting 99+

Given the sizing on the turn I think we should call.

By the river he may have given up with his draws and now decided to stop v betting 99+ (except QQ and maybe KK), So I think we can fold here. In game I'm gunna level myself into calling tho Wink
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2014, 01:55:43 PM »

Over this sample yeah i think you play flop and turn well. I think Dave is right though, once he jams this river card as played it now seems really really difficult for our hand to be good.
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2014, 03:33:20 AM »

id fold river v an unknown at this depth. hand looks fine, might 3b smaller or bigger pre but again need info.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: