blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:19:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Opinions On compensation
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Opinions On compensation  (Read 3521 times)
Autobetkev

View Profile
« on: July 02, 2014, 07:41:23 PM »

Hi Guys, I know I don't post on here very often, please don't let that put you off, I really would value your input as to whether you think I am A- Asking for too much, and B- What you think would be fair.
Before I explain my problem, I want to clarify that I think DTD is a terrific place to play poker, but the software issues they have had and continue to have with Ipoker is really a shame. This is also not a dig at anything they do for the game, it's a question of fairness to myself.
Right, here goes:
Last night (Tuesday) I played the £25 50 seat guarentee into the £250 deepstack at 2100. As with all of these, I try to only ever buy-in and then add-on. I made it to the add-on period with my intial stack and I was 21st of 91 left. I tried to add-on for a further £25 (60k chips), which would keep me in a very good position in the tourny, but the site was having 'Technical issues'. I tried 4 times during the 3 minute break, getting the same error each time. This, while annoying, wouldn't be a massive issue if everyone had the same problem. However, when the toury restarted, there had been 71 add-ons and I was in 79th place of 91 remaining. having to 'get busy' and admittedly feeling a little tilted, I ended up busting out with 80 odd players left.
I feel with the add-on I would have had a very good chance of converting. I obviously raised the issue with support and they came back today offering a £25 token as compensation.
Do you think this is fair?
I have contacted Nicola today and after consulting with Rob and Nick, they wont offer me anything else. I understand the postion they are in and I fully understand that they are facing a huge overlay on this competition, but with the greatest respect, that isn't my fault.
Nicola asked me what I think would be fair and my response was something alont the lines of
"While I think I would have converted to a seat, there could obviously be no assurances that I would get one, so asking for a seat into the £250 would be too much. However, I would like you to agree to give me the chance to get back to the position I was in at the add-on break last night, so I'd play tonight with the £25 token refunded, also they would agree to refund me the cost of any rebuy of up to the value of £50. If i didn't rebuy then no harm done." After all, 71 players in this tourney has a massive advantage over me, I believe there were others affected, at least one other was on my table.
This isn't a 'get at DTD' post, so please no nastiness to them on this thread, I'm just interested to hear other peoples views on what I should reasonably expect.
FTR. I like most, have had a lot of issues with DTD software lately, but in the main I feel they have dealt with it adequately, but this is too much. I know other have criticized DTD on here before and got barred from the club, let me clarify, I am simply asking if I am asking too much from the DTD support team.

How can you soar like an eagle if you surround yourself with turkeys?
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2014, 08:03:20 PM »

sorry personally i think they actually dont need to offer any refund or compensation alot of sites wouldnt

i think being offered a refund of the buy in is the most you should really expect

JMHO

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2014, 08:04:10 PM »

You say you made the add on break with your initial stack so just buy in tonight at the add on break (which you should be doing anyway when there is a triple add-on as its easily  the most optimal sat strategy) then have your add on and you will be in exactly the same situation as last night with no financial hardship incurred and you will have the same chance tonight of winning a seat as you would have last night.  I think the £25 token is fair.  
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 08:10:57 PM by arbboy » Logged
pokerplayingfarmer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2014, 08:13:12 PM »

You can't expect compo on what might have been, yes you obviously feel disappointed but a full refund of the investment made in the tourney when, although with a less than avg stack, you were still in, is as fair a deal as you can expect imo.  A lot of sites would definitely have had the 'prove it, get lost' attitude.  Ul, gg, try again and gl.

I've never got it.....ever
h

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2014, 08:29:16 PM »

I personally would not expect anything from DTD  or any other site
I have always viewed this sort of thing as part of the perils of playing on line
whether that be disconnections or shoddy software

i think most other players take the same view and vote with there feet if and when any particular site is having problems
yes there has been lots of issues recently consequently there is less players playing on site and therefore even greater than the  normal DTD overlays
so i think you have to weigh the overlays versus software issues
think you should ask yourself if you had made it through despite not being able to add on would you be sending dtd the add on $

i played a sat the other night wasn't  paying  much attention and with in 5 Min's had a seat turns out it was 5 seats 6 regd and first person out did not re buy

Having said i would not expect any thing i do appreciate we all have differing views of what is reasonable

icles test

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2014, 08:36:33 PM »

Sounds like theyve been more then fair
MPOWER

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2014, 08:40:07 PM »

Sounds like theyve been more then fair
You say you made the add on break with your initial stack so just buy in tonight at the add on break (which you should be doing anyway when there is a triple add-on as its easily  the most optimal sat strategy) then have your add on and you will be in exactly the same situation as last night with no financial hardship incurred and you will have the same chance tonight of winning a seat as you would have last night.  I think the £25 token is fair.  
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2014, 08:45:05 PM »

yeah theyve been more than fair imo

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2014, 08:49:12 PM »

Sounds like they've been more than fair

this

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2014, 08:51:59 PM »

You reached the add on break with starting stack and they refunded the cost of that starting stack to you, seems very fair you have pretty much had a freeroll at a seat.

If you had won a seat I don't think you would be offering DTD the £25 you saced through not adding on

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2014, 08:52:49 PM »

Sounds like they've been more than fair

this

Yep, 2 bites for the price of one sounds fair to me.  Work on tilt control too, crap will happen online to everybody at times.  

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2014, 08:56:05 PM »

def dont play on any other sites you wouldn't get anything back from most!!
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2014, 09:05:13 PM »

DTD have ripped you off imo. Rob should have let you take a valet of your choice and lent you his Ferrari for the night.

The older I get, the better I was.
Autobetkev

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2014, 09:11:39 PM »

You reached the add on break with starting stack and they refunded the cost of that starting stack to you, seems very fair you have pretty much had a freeroll at a seat.

If you had won a seat I don't think you would be offering DTD the £25 you saced through not adding on

I have never said that I reached the add-on break with starting stack!! I reached the add-on break with 75k(ish), almost 4 times the starting stack.

However, thank you all for your input, I'm not to proud to admit that I am probably wrong on this, based on your feedback, although I still don't feel I am. Maybe my judgement is clouded slightly by the lack of sleep that a newborn baby brings with him.

How can you soar like an eagle if you surround yourself with turkeys?
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2014, 09:14:39 PM »

DTD have ripped you off imo. Rob should have let you take a valet of your choice and lent you his Ferrari for the night.

now that's compo!

in before someone posts a last of the summer wine pic itt.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: