blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:41:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Fantasy Premier League 2014/15 INTEREST LIST
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fantasy Premier League 2014/15 INTEREST LIST  (Read 30105 times)
TheDazzler

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2014, 05:46:48 PM »

A bit more info on the cup comps would be nice please.
It will be pretty straightforward. If there are say 32 players, we'll draw people out of a hat and people will play each other in a H2H format. The highest scoring player will advance to the next round.
The Champions League and Europa League will be slightly more complicated as there is group stages but still the same principle. People will be drawn into 4 team groups and they will play other people in a H2H format each week. Top 2 from each group will qualify and we'll go knock out format from there.

I quite enjoy the H2H leagues. Higher variance.

Would be up for a small ball option of that as well if it's an option.

H2h cup competitions will be drawn independently by dazzler.

If there is a wave of support for a season long h2h then we can add one. Say £20. Lets have some thoughts in the thread if you want one.
We can do a H2H league if people want it.
TheDazzler

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2014, 05:58:16 PM »

A bit more info on the cup comps would be nice please.

Will let Dazzler explain more but it seems it will nit cost extra but will be an additional bonus. Perhaps using Dazzlers overlay fund.

Well I'll take maybe 10% out of the league prize fund, depending on numbers, and I'll add a little.
As a ballpark figure, the £50 League FA Cup might be worth £100 to winner, £50 to runner up (and I'll add the £50). The £10 Cup might be worth £20 to the winner, £10 to runner up (I'll add the £10).
And the Champs League and Europa Cup the same, £100/£50 and £20/£10 (with me adding £60). So I would add £120 in total in that scenario.
Obviously these figures are subject to how many runners we get.

« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 06:18:47 PM by TheDazzler » Logged
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2014, 06:03:16 PM »

I think a £25 H2h league would work. Sits between the two bankroll levels and provides people with an alternative format punting option.

So we would have 4 entry options

1. Free league (everyone entered)
2. £10 standard league (small ballers and arm bands required)
3. £50 standard league (main event)
4. £25 H2H league

In the interests of getting more people into this i think we should NOT allow anyone to enter both the £50 and the £10 league and keep the £10 league as a less serious option for those that haven't played as often and want a cheap way of punting.

5 distinct investment options
1. Free
2. £10
3. £35 (small baller and H2H)
4. £50 (main event)
5. £75 (main + H2H)

Max spend £75

Cup competitions will involve no additional outlay by players but player investment may get split out to pay for cup comps with added value from Dazzler. Details incoming.

Side bets permitted
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 06:14:56 PM by Junior Senior » Logged
Killer River

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2014, 06:21:04 PM »

In

So i assume from your last post you can't enter both the little and main comps together now.

Either one or the other?

Thanks

but the fact you chose "disney songs on youtube" over HEM and then lost 12 bis when you know you should lose 4 maximum just shows a massive sign of disrespect
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2014, 06:22:28 PM »

Why not run it like Mere Novice's competitions and have everyone in the same league but with two price-levels rather than having mutually exclusive divisions one and two?

Just a suggestion as I'll be in either way.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2014, 06:41:03 PM »

Why not run it like Mere Novice's competitions and have everyone in the same league but with two price-levels rather than having mutually exclusive divisions one and two?

Hi Mr S. How would that work? That might be an admin nightmare working out who is eligible for what.

Dazzler believes we should allow all people to enter all leagues freely. I am happy to go with that if punters wanna punt.

I cant edit my post now though. Lets give it until next weekend for discussions and views before  a new thread is created with the definitive formats announced.

Call this a first stage consultation.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2014, 07:23:32 PM »

Hi Mr S. How would that work? That might be an admin nightmare working out who is eligible for what.

Dazzler believes we should allow all people to enter all leagues freely. I am happy to go with that if punters wanna punt.

I cant edit my post now though. Lets give it until next weekend for discussions and views before  a new thread is created with the definitive formats announced.

Call this a first stage consultation.

If it would cause an admin nightmare please forget that I suggested it.

I just don't feel that happy about being excluded from one because I'm in the other, so I guess I'm with Daz on the freedom thing as I'd enter all three if I could.

It's mostly about the banter after all and the more the merrier.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Teacake

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2014, 10:21:00 PM »

I think a £25 H2h league would work. Sits between the two bankroll levels and provides people with an alternative format punting option.

So we would have 4 entry options

1. Free league (everyone entered)
2. £10 standard league (small ballers and arm bands required)
3. £50 standard league (main event)
4. £25 H2H league

In the interests of getting more people into this i think we should NOT allow anyone to enter both the £50 and the £10 league and keep the £10 league as a less serious option for those that haven't played as often and want a cheap way of punting.

5 distinct investment options
1. Free
2. £10
3. £35 (small baller and H2H)
4. £50 (main event)
5. £75 (main + H2H)

Max spend £75

Cup competitions will involve no additional outlay by players but player investment may get split out to pay for cup comps with added value from Dazzler. Details incoming.

Side bets permitted

This is getting too complex and risks diluting the numbers in each league. Open all leagues to everyone IMO.

Does Dazzlers extra bonus comps not pretty much do away with the need for a H2H league (not a fan of H2H leagues so maybe just my bias there)
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2014, 10:32:42 PM »

Dazzler and i have exchanged further PMs and consulted the rule book on the site and have concluded it makes sense to allow all players full freedom to enter whatever combination of the leagues they like as points for additional transfers are deducted from both classic and head to head scoring. 

Feel free to press the max button.

Punters gonna punt!
TheDazzler

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2014, 11:30:59 PM »

So I think what we currently have is the following.
1. Free to enter league.
2. £10 League. This will have a H2H knockout Cup and a Europa Cup attached to it. Once you enter the league, you are automatically entered in the cups.
3. £25 H2H league. Same format as last year. No cups.
4. £50 league. This will have a H2H knockout Cup and a Champions League attached to it. Once you enter the league, you are automatically entered in the cups.

If people are confused on the cups, they will be fairly simple and players need do nothing extra.
Say we get 32 players, (last year we had 31), all the players are put in a hat and drawn into 16 H2H ties. The highest scoring player in each tie progresses to the next round.
The Europa Cup/Champs League will follow the same format apart from the fact that teams will initially be drawn into groups of 4, where the top 2 teams will qualify after a round robin. I will be providing some small overlay for the cups, depending on amount of runners.
In the event of an uneven number of runners, we will utilise byes/prelim rounds as necessary.
We may ask someone neutral and of unimpeachable integrity (hello MereNovice Smiley) to do all the draws.
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2014, 11:55:09 PM »

Right. Lets get 32 runners for this!

Spread the word on all boards and diaries.

Only condition is entrant must be a blonde member - lets keep it in the family.
mickyw78

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2014, 01:18:21 AM »

In for the £10 and £50 leagues, no interest in the H2H's.

If there are any other reputable forums running something similar could you PM me with details/links please.

Thanks, Micky.
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2014, 08:05:54 AM »

In.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
degston77

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2014, 08:17:07 PM »

I'll be in for the £10 league just to test the water.  Cheers
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2014, 09:45:20 PM »

Easily 25 interested already, which is great. lets hope we can get at least 32 in each league format (assuming a lot of punters will be in all of them!)

still this week to feedback on preferred formats and register interest before the official thread goes up next weekend and PM's start getting sent with league codes and payment details.

if you haven't looked at the FPL site yet, its up and running for the new season, you can register your team and pick a side and start tinkering.  You get to make unlimited transfers until the first gameweek deadline so may as well get it set up now and get fmailiar with it.

all rules, scoring and everything else is here

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/

good luck all.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: