blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:07:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  The Gamblers Moaning Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Gamblers Moaning Thread  (Read 9441 times)
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2014, 07:37:04 PM »

Grown men wearing multi coloured Loom band bracelets while playing live poker, ok the kids made them, it's cute, but put them in your pocket, they are not cool and certainly are not lucky.

My grand kids make them. They think it's cool if I wear them.

You think it's not cool.

No contest really.

My 7, 5 and 3 year olds make them, they think it's cool.

They also think Adventure Time and Dick and Dom are cool,  I don't.

I think poker is cool, they don't.

See how this works.

Not really, but I've added a smiley to my previous post just in case.

Smiley
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2014, 07:37:44 PM »

Freds being derailed by old men and their kids and grandkids bloody marv.

BTW if my neice made me one I'd defo wear it.
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2014, 03:46:20 AM »

It will never happen here.  Our racing authorities are not strong enough or interested enough in betting and when they do show interest it tends to be in the layers favour rather than the consumers.  It has become beyond a joke really.  Yesterday I lost two brand new accounts both before a single bet had settled and with only 900 quid bet over 13 bets on the two accounts.  

Are you blocking/amending your IP mate? Worth a look if not as, so the grapevine has it, accounts with some firms are restricted by IP matching.

Yeah - or at least I think I am.  I use a vpn and change it when I get new accounts.  I think I lost a Hills account last month by not doing this so have tried to be more careful and one of the accounts I lost yesterday was a Betfred account and I haven't bet with them for an absolute age in any name (outside of shops).  To be fair I have been given a run by some of the bigger firms so it might be just that these firms are pathetic....in fact I am pretty sure it is.

Sonour - what is Sandboxie?  Willing to try anything really......

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2014, 07:26:53 AM »

It will never happen here.  Our racing authorities are not strong enough or interested enough in betting and when they do show interest it tends to be in the layers favour rather than the consumers.  It has become beyond a joke really.  Yesterday I lost two brand new accounts both before a single bet had settled and with only 900 quid bet over 13 bets on the two accounts.  

Are you blocking/amending your IP mate? Worth a look if not as, so the grapevine has it, accounts with some firms are restricted by IP matching.

Yeah - or at least I think I am.  I use a vpn and change it when I get new accounts.  I think I lost a Hills account last month by not doing this so have tried to be more careful and one of the accounts I lost yesterday was a Betfred account and I haven't bet with them for an absolute age in any name (outside of shops).  To be fair I have been given a run by some of the bigger firms so it might be just that these firms are pathetic....in fact I am pretty sure it is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandboxie

http://www.sandboxie.com/

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
sonour

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2014, 11:44:40 AM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandboxie

http://www.sandboxie.com/

Thank you Tikay. I was wondering how I was going to explain that.
sonour

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2014, 11:55:21 AM »

If you log into your PP account on one computer then log out and change your IP address and log into a different PP account on the same computer PP will be able to see that these two accounts are linked by computer. This is because they put something on the computer. I'm not sure what it is, we call it a dot.

In the t &c's for opening account bonus' it usually says one bonus per address, IP address, computer,etc
Also if you have a limited account some bookies will limit otherlinked accounts.

Not all bookies do this.

So if you install Sandboxie, open your browser within the sandbox, login to your account, delete the sandbox, change your IP address, open your browser within the sandbox, login to the same bookie but as a different user, there is no link.
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2014, 01:35:51 PM »

Thanks Lisa.  I have downloaded it.  The irony of all of this is that I don't want their bonuses, I don't mind not having best odds guaranteed, I don't even generally want a particularly big bet but, because I am forced to open multiple accounts I have costs to meet so I use all of the bonuses etc to pay the people that open the accounts for me.  On top of that the firms have to pay the processing fees both in and then, 12 bets later back out again.  It costs them more money than they need to and, at the end of the day, I am not going anywhere and have to keep doing it, its what I do for a living.  If any individual bookie said they would lay me either 100 win or 50 ew on anything I would happily stop opening new accounts etc with them.  It just seems such a futile waste of time, effort and money for both sides.

sonour

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 28, 2014, 04:09:41 PM »

Thanks Lisa.  I have downloaded it.  The irony of all of this is that I don't want their bonuses, I don't mind not having best odds guaranteed, I don't even generally want a particularly big bet but, because I am forced to open multiple accounts I have costs to meet so I use all of the bonuses etc to pay the people that open the accounts for me.  On top of that the firms have to pay the processing fees both in and then, 12 bets later back out again.  It costs them more money than they need to and, at the end of the day, I am not going anywhere and have to keep doing it, its what I do for a living.  If any individual bookie said they would lay me either 100 win or 50 ew on anything I would happily stop opening new accounts etc with them.  It just seems such a futile waste of time, effort and money for both sides.

One other thing to consider is that you already have ' dots' on your computer. Are you able to return it to factory settings ?
edgascoigne

Newbury Racecourse's Best Dressed Gent. And What?

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 28, 2014, 04:45:19 PM »

It's terrible that this is what the game is reduced to, isn't it?

Allez!!
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 28, 2014, 05:13:24 PM »

I truely find it incredible some of the stories Red has told me in the last few weeks regarding new account closures.  Virtually all of them involved the big 4 high street firms as well.  All of whom are billion pound businesses.  We are talking the sort of bets (price/size) on decent weekend big meeting rock solid handicap horse races where any punter in the world could go up to the ladbrokes and hills rep on course in the ring and strike these bets with them without any issue in the slightest.  Yet you do the same bets online and your account gets closed.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 05:17:28 PM by arbboy » Logged
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 28, 2014, 05:29:29 PM »

Do you think it may be that their secondary security checks unearth a link to the customer and then they close the accounts? This has happened to me before where I have tried being cute with stuff and I thought I am clear and then they get me after a couple of bets.

If they were closing any old account after bets as described they would be shutting everyone pretty much.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
edgascoigne

Newbury Racecourse's Best Dressed Gent. And What?

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 28, 2014, 05:32:45 PM »

Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold

The Second Coming - Yeats

Essentially the most macro reason for my departing the industry centred around the unsustainability (IMO) of the current model of the UK betting industry.

Over the previous 10-15yrs there has been, quite simply, a quantum shift in the industry's make up, in terms of the punters rather than the firms. Most of this subconscious.

Where historically one perhaps had a telephone bookmaker who you 'trusted' to quote you the nag's price, nowadays even the most uninformed are nigh on compelled to compare on price. Bookmaker after bookmaker attempts to step in front each of the other, throwing offers of which they do not understand the true cost, and tighter and tighter margins of which they do not truly understand the implications from a volatility perspective.

Margins fall, volatility increases. People hedge with neither rhyme nor reason, simply because one 'can' and because they (falsely, long term) believe the stress in their lives will reduce.

Essentially, the punter has never had it so good. Or so the industry would have you believe...

...but for one inconvenient truth - it is all too good to be true. Sharps can't bet, informed punters can't bet, even Billy Bunters can't bet. The industry has slit it's throat as each player has endeavoured to beat the others to the front of the queue.

Allez!!
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 28, 2014, 05:33:16 PM »

Do you think it may be that their secondary security checks unearth a link to the customer and then they close the accounts? This has happened to me before where I have tried being cute with stuff and I thought I am clear and then they get me after a couple of bets.

If they were closing any old account after bets as described they would be shutting everyone pretty much.

I just find it incredible that even if they know its Stu that they even notice £50 bets coming in on major races on a busy saturday morning never mind close the account.  If they can't lay bets to take out £500/£1000 on the day's big handicaps at their early prices they really shouldn't have a licence and/or the lol traders really shouldn't be getting paid their £30k a year compiling salaries if their judgement with a 135% book edge in their favour is so poor.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 28, 2014, 05:46:33 PM »

Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold

The Second Coming - Yeats

Essentially the most macro reason for my departing the industry centred around the unsustainability (IMO) of the current model of the UK betting industry.

Over the previous 10-15yrs there has been, quite simply, a quantum shift in the industry's make up, in terms of the punters rather than the firms. Most of this subconscious.

Where historically one perhaps had a telephone bookmaker who you 'trusted' to quote you the nag's price, nowadays even the most uninformed are nigh on compelled to compare on price. Bookmaker after bookmaker attempts to step in front each of the other, throwing offers of which they do not understand the true cost, and tighter and tighter margins of which they do not truly understand the implications from a volatility perspective.

Margins fall, volatility increases. People hedge with neither rhyme nor reason, simply because one 'can' and because they (falsely, long term) believe the stress in their lives will reduce.

Essentially, the punter has never had it so good. Or so the industry would have you believe...

...but for one inconvenient truth - it is all too good to be true. Sharps can't bet, informed punters can't bet, even Billy Bunters can't bet. The industry has slit it's throat as each player has endeavoured to beat the others to the front of the queue.

Yeats went to Godolphin School, as it then was called.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 28, 2014, 05:47:37 PM »

Agreed.

In the fullness of time it will, or has caught up with them.

Any(almost any) business model in this age, has to produce some volume at much lower margins just to keep the doors open and it seem these companies are getting to the stage where they can't/won't do it.

I did as someone suggested on here and wrote to all the companies I have restrictions with(amazing I know!) to ask for enough to get just 5ers and tenners on, to help spread it about. Not one obliged. One was even a losing account but only restricted because of early price punting. Incred.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: