blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:06:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272603 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  DTD live tourney updates ?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD live tourney updates ?  (Read 6544 times)
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2014, 08:32:01 PM »

Don't get me wrong, tikay. You're the Paulinho of live updates.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2014, 08:35:56 PM »

Damned with faint praise, I fear.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2014, 08:38:29 PM »

Will be enjoying from afar.

Let's not forget the joy Paulinho brought us all last season.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2014, 08:43:15 PM »

Yes yes, a joy of Watford-esque proportions. Long on promise, short on delivery.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2014, 08:47:49 PM »

Yes yes, a joy of Watford-esque proportions. Long on promise, short on delivery.

Pfft.

He scored our payout-clinching goal with two thirds of the last game of the season still to play. Never a sweat.

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2014, 10:39:39 PM »

This is what Tighty-lovers have to make do with now:

I know you'll be devestated, aghast even, but Mr Beaneh was last seen wandering aimlessly around the room & discussing the quality of lol-live players. His seat appears to be empty, & devoid of those chip things.  

Gareth Bale was better replaced than that.

Ok, 5/10 for the "lol-live players" comment...Cheesy

To be fair, that quote could have came from any live comp beaneh has played over the the last few years...

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Sulphur man

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2014, 11:51:35 PM »

This is what Tighty-lovers have to make do with now:

I know you'll be devestated, aghast even, but Mr Beaneh was last seen wandering aimlessly around the room & discussing the quality of lol-live players. His seat appears to be empty, & devoid of those chip things.  

Gareth Bale was better replaced than that.

Ok, 5/10 for the "lol-live players" comment...Cheesy
This is absolute genius.  9 for me all day long.

I've never played any game, or done anything that was so powerful at making you believe that you 'owned' it... before making you realize that you actually don't.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2014, 08:52:57 PM »

Why couldn't there be updates for the monthly deepstacks and at events that are solely DTD events (ie not stars or sky etc)?

Last weekends £500 would have been hugely popular update with many blondes and popular members of the community running deep, finalling etc. Tighty would have done a superb job I'm sure.

Blonde is a much worse place without them.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 09:24:28 PM by cambridgealex » Logged

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2014, 09:14:42 PM »

Why couldn't there be updates for the monthly deepstacks and at events that are solely DTD events (ie not stars or sky etc)?

Last weekends £500 would have been hugely popular update with many blondes and popular members of the community running deep, finalling etc. Tighty would have done a superb job I'm sore.

I agree with this and also think the field becomes more pro heavy without them as a lot of casuals who used to play this event often get staked in on the premise that their followers have an update to follow them. Last weeks 500 was so reg heavy compared to the vast majority of deep stacks at dtd over the years even though it clashed directly with the gukpt up the road at Leeds. It certainly put me off playing the 500.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 09:20:32 PM by arbboy » Logged
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2014, 09:29:02 PM »

Ah! The element of surprise
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2014, 09:37:47 PM »

This is def true but I think dtd is worse off without them as well. The original 2008 £300 deep stack was IMO the perfect monthly product for the masses at dtd.  I think the 500 is too expensive for the casuals and as a result fewer price sensitive semi pro/ pros will also choose not to play it even though they can afford to because they deem there to be little value in the comp after expenses which results in the overlays which in turn are bad for the long term health of the club.  I understand rob has his new business model based on four monster festivals a year but his club was built on the monthly 300 deep stack which changed regular uk poker forever when he opened in 2008.  I think it's possible to fit both into this model.  I am talking as someone who has probably played at least 80% of the monthly deep stacks in 6 years that dtd has run so I feel I am suitably  qualified to comment on such matters without causing offence to anyone involved.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 09:40:08 PM by arbboy » Logged
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2014, 02:28:14 AM »

I feel like I don't know what's going on at Dtd also. I know they post here but I don't read them all the time but I would 100% read the updates. I've not played as much but I have also not missed it. The updates on here always used to make me miss Dtd and make extra efforts to get back there.

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2014, 03:16:48 AM »

Agree that tighty's updates added something extra to proceedings, even if some of them constituted unsolicited character defamation and were hurty.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2014, 03:34:58 AM »

every time there was an update i would read it all, i enjoyed meeting the characters etc and it made me motivated to want to go to DTD. now i really dont know much and dont really care.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2014, 08:42:06 AM »

Updates were great value read and bought faces to names you knew on here

We don't know what value they were against cost (viewing figures v outlay)

I sure miss Tightys subtle humour and expertise reporting
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: