blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:23:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Road to being a pro
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Road to being a pro  (Read 140218 times)
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #405 on: July 28, 2015, 01:42:50 AM »

Getting jacks in pre on sky in most circumstances is usually a bad idea, hardly anyone bluffs enough or is ever tens for value. An example of an exploitative adjustment to make when playing vs most of the players on there.
KingPush

View Profile
« Reply #406 on: July 28, 2015, 06:44:05 PM »

Getting jacks in pre on sky in most circumstances is usually a bad idea, hardly anyone bluffs enough or is ever tens for value. An example of an exploitative adjustment to make when playing vs most of the players on there.
only get it in v the button or the blinds

Up to 440 but withdrew 20 as not playing for a couple of days and going to see the trouble and strife. Playing really well at the moment, still need to work and get more comfortable about how my cbet flop range looks though.

Gonna shot 50nl when I get back, also be interesting to see how much I get in rakeback this month since I was getting comfortably 250/300 mass tabling.
KingPush

View Profile
« Reply #407 on: August 03, 2015, 01:54:33 AM »

Up to 620. Can't remember winning any amazing well played pots just people calling off too light or bluffing too wide when I have something at the top of my calling range or raising range. Did manage to run aces into k3o on 8233 when he opened then called in the co. Fair to say I didn't leave when me and him were the only ones left at the table.

KingPush    Small blind       £0.25    £0.25    £94.06
billytheki    Big blind       £0.50    £0.75    £55.61
     Your hole cards   

KingPush    Raise       £1.00    £1.75    £93.06
billytheki    Call       £0.75    £2.50    £54.86
Flop

billytheki    Bet       £2.00    £4.50    £52.86
KingPush    Raise       £6.88    £11.38    £86.18
billytheki    Call       £4.88    £16.26    £47.98
Turn

billytheki    Bet       £7.00    £23.26    £40.98
KingPush    Call       £7.00    £30.26    £79.18
River

J

billytheki    All-in       £40.98    £71.24    £0.00
KingPush    Call       £40.98    £112.22    £38.20
KingPush    Show   
billytheki    Show   
A
KingPush    Win    Straight to the 6    £111.22       £149.42

People overbet bluffing at 50nl, I told you it happened! Even if it is once in a blue moon.
KingPush

View Profile
« Reply #408 on: August 05, 2015, 02:16:08 PM »

Annoyingly sky are no longer doing rakeback deals with affiliates so as long as I can maintain some sort of decent win rate somewhere it no longer makes sense for me to play there.

Now playing on party. Never played on it before but software seems decent and it feels strange to have a HUD back. Lost half a buy in yesterday but made some mistakes and also went on a big zoom/rush/? Binge. I know my win rate will never be massive in those games but holy shit they are too fucking fun. Currently playing 100nl but will drop down when I need to pay my rent unless I go on a run.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #409 on: August 05, 2015, 03:53:32 PM »

now we're talking!!

KingPush

View Profile
« Reply #410 on: August 05, 2015, 07:10:20 PM »

now we're talking!!
All thanks to you mate, might still be grinding .05/.10p otherwise
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #411 on: August 05, 2015, 07:17:16 PM »

now we're talking!!

God please win!!!

Magic817

View Profile
« Reply #412 on: August 05, 2015, 07:31:48 PM »

now we're talking!!

God please win!!!

You ready with a staking deal and a mattress from a futon in your office if it goes wrong?
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #413 on: August 05, 2015, 07:43:23 PM »

now we're talking!!

God please win!!!

You ready with a staking deal and a mattress from a futon in your office if it goes wrong?

do as I say...not as I do Wink

KingPush

View Profile
« Reply #414 on: August 05, 2015, 07:57:53 PM »

now we're talking!!

God please win!!!

do as I say...not as I do Wink
When's the world cup?
KingPush

View Profile
« Reply #415 on: August 06, 2015, 03:57:39 AM »

Won a couple of buy ins today. Got lucky for both of my big pots. Aa v 98 and a7(?) On 98x came t then t. And had kk v 77 on kx7 when I checked flop and then he xd turn but we still managed to get it all in.

3 things I've learned while doing this spin up. I fucking love winning at poker, I love making what I know or at least think is the right play and I hate not knowing what the right play is. Girlfriend's gone back to Ireland for a week so gonna put in the hours and see if we can get to 200nl by the end of next week.
KingPush

View Profile
« Reply #416 on: August 07, 2015, 11:42:56 PM »

Worst I've played for a while. Just wasn't feeling it all day, probably something to do with the shit breakfast I had. Also did some really theoretical stuff when I woke up and then went in to play. Don't think this is a good idea as I can't really concentrate on playing in the moment as I'm over thinking everything and making massive changes to my game plan which is never a good idea. Think poker is  large amount of having the confidence to execute your game plan even if theoretically it could be -EV, how many times do we know we should shove or not better and yet still do the opposite? Also set myself a monetary goal for the day which in retrospect was a fairly stupid idea.

Withdrew and paid the rent and can still just about play 100nl, need to play a lot better than I did today though to stay there.
Katais

View Profile
« Reply #417 on: August 09, 2015, 11:39:30 AM »

Worst I've played for a while. Just wasn't feeling it all day, probably something to do with the shit breakfast I had. Also did some really theoretical stuff when I woke up and then went in to play. Don't think this is a good idea as I can't really concentrate on playing in the moment as I'm over thinking everything and making massive changes to my game plan which is never a good idea. Think poker is  large amount of having the confidence to execute your game plan even if theoretically it could be -EV, how many times do we know we should shove or not better and yet still do the opposite? Also set myself a monetary goal for the day which in retrospect was a fairly stupid idea.

Withdrew and paid the rent and can still just about play 100nl, need to play a lot better than I did today though to stay there.

What did you have??? Cheesy

I played you around a month ago at 2p4p, it's some going to be eyeing up 200nl this quickly.

gl.
Ransom

View Profile
« Reply #418 on: August 09, 2015, 01:16:43 PM »

My breakfast for the last month has been two 35p energy drinks and some jaffa cakes.

You'd struggle to do worse than me on that front. Can anyone really be arsed to knock up an omelette at 7am though? I have to use insane amounts of willpower to get the toaster out.
KingPush

View Profile
« Reply #419 on: August 09, 2015, 05:20:02 PM »

What did you have??? Cheesy

I played you around a month ago at 2p4p, it's some going to be eyeing up 200nl this quickly.

gl.

A shortbread footballer. Gl at 2p/4p. What was your screen name?

My breakfast for the last month has been two 35p energy drinks and some jaffa cakes.

You'd struggle to do worse than me on that front. Can anyone really be arsed to knock up an omelette at 7am though? I have to use insane amounts of willpower to get the toaster out.

Yeah not gonna beat that. Although if you have enough Jaffa cakes the orange bit should probably count as one of your 5 a day, right?
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: