blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 06, 2024, 11:53:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272911 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  TV Streaming Box
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: TV Streaming Box  (Read 13203 times)
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2016, 11:28:07 PM »

So my box has finally gone kaput, no complaints as I've had a good couple of years out of it.

Seems my original supplier has stopped doing them and it seems a bit of a minefield out there. Any one got a rec for a high end android box loaded with all the necessary stuff?

pm me if you don't want to put it on here, cheers  thumbs up
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 11:31:38 PM by Woodsey » Logged
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2016, 11:44:01 PM »

Not sure if mine is an android, but a mate of mine is in that game, and it's the best one he does.

Like a sky system, but you get every channel, including all PPV events, and with about 5000 films/tv boxsets that are constantly updated, too.

Think it's £30 a month, but will have to check, as I paid for a year in one hit when I was pissed up.

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2016, 11:49:57 PM »

Mostly just need an android box that has Mobdro and showbox apps and Kodi would help too. Not willing to pay a subscription as there is no need. Just need a box powerful enough to deal with the streams and would rather be ahead of the curve and get a good enough one so it lasts for a couple of years or so...
« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 12:02:00 AM by Woodsey » Logged
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 13, 2016, 12:10:46 AM »

you can just download kodi yourself and then add the various apps,  this is a good site for details of apps - https://seo-michael.co.uk/  This is ok as well https://forums.tvaddons.ag/ 
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2016, 12:13:54 AM »

you can just download kodi yourself and then add the various apps,  this is a good site for details of apps - https://seo-michael.co.uk/  This is ok as well https://forums.tvaddons.ag/ 

Yeah I've tried doing that before but unfortunately I'm an IT donkey especially when it comes to Kodi and adding stuff, just couldn't suss it despite following various instructions online, hence why the fully loaded version is preferable.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 13, 2016, 12:17:12 AM »

Mostly just need an android box that has Mobdro and showbox apps and Kodi would help too. Not willing to pay a subscription as there is no need. Just need a box powerful enough to deal with the streams and would rather be ahead of the curve and get a good enough one so it lasts for a couple of years or so...

No worries.

I'm much like yourself, which was why the fishcake system was best suited for the office Cheesy

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 13, 2016, 11:33:12 AM »

Get an Amazon Firestick, have someone put Kodi on it. Whole thing costs 40 - 60 quid. If u down Bristol way anytime soon I have a supplier who also does customer support

Can't do the Kodi stuff mate, it's adding the links after that I can't get my head around even after watching tutorials.
Skippy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: November 13, 2016, 11:53:34 AM »

Get an Amazon Firestick, have someone put Kodi on it. Whole thing costs 40 - 60 quid. If u down Bristol way anytime soon I have a supplier who also does customer support

Can't do the Kodi stuff mate, it's adding the links after that I can't get my head around even after watching tutorials.

He's saying that there are people who will buy a fire stick, load it up and resell it e.g. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gen-2-Amazon-Fire-TV-Stick-Alexa-Voice-Remote-Loaded-Kodi-16-1-Beast-Mobdro-XXX-/302136296909?hash=item4658ba05cd:g:X8QAAOSwx2dYGITU (not an endorsement, I just put up an example).

I own one of these, it seems fine but I haven't played with it that much.

http://www.justop.com/catalog/justop-m9x-android-6-0-tv-box-ultra-hd-media-player-streamer-2gb-ram-with-kodi.html
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 13, 2016, 12:02:38 PM »

Ok are the links you get set up on Kodi continuously refreshed so you can always find what you want?

Just asking because that's why I like Mobdro and showbox apps, I can always find what I want....
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 13, 2016, 12:10:20 PM »

Ok are the links you get set up on Kodi continuously refreshed so you can always find what you want?

Just asking because that's why I like Mobdro and showbox apps, I can always find what I want....

yes they update.  sometimes apps just go down or are blocked though.  Modbro sometimes changes version, but you can just go to their site and add the new version.

Basically if you can add an app to kodi, you will be able to get whatever you want.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 13, 2016, 07:07:11 PM »

Just got Kodi after my usual downloading place seems to have quit on me. It's come on a lot since I first tried it a couple of years back that's for sure.

Woodsey it's dead easy mate. I'm a donkey with these things as well but I found a decent youtube vid that got me all sorted in about an hour and now I seem to be able to get absolutely anything I want.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nr5Mz2Yci4c

Give it a go. I wasn't happy about having to change but my usual system packed up too so I had no choice. This really does seem straight forward.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 13, 2016, 07:16:44 PM »

Ok cheers guys, I have already pulled the trigger on a good box loaded up with stuff, but that the info you guys have posted will be useful to add any other stuff I want to put on it.  thumbs up
buzzharvey22

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 13, 2016, 07:42:53 PM »

I have an m8 quad core box. Think it was about 35 quid 18 months ago. Said id get a cheap one to try it out and if i liked it id pay a bit more for a better one. But i still have that box now and does the job!

Best thing i ever did was wipe it completely clean of everything it came with. All I have downloaded on it is "exodus" which i use for tv and film, has 99% of everything and in cracking quality too. And i also have "s.a.l.t.s" stream all the sources which I'll try if for some reason exodus doesn't have it.

I also pay 26 pounds for 6 months for a sports subscription. I know you say you can get all the channels for free, but the sports subscription i pay for is incredibly efficient, you dont have to search for links that work, as they work perfectly. Things like skysports, bt sport etc they have 4 or 5 different links for each channel including HD and SD options. All the 3 oclock kick offs work flawlessly. Boxing, WWE ppv absolutly perfect. And they have pretty much every sport channel in the world i can think off. They also have a facebook support group so if your struggling with anything they can help you, and if you see there is a channel down you can tell them and they sort it out. I've had about 6 or 7 friends sign up too and no complaints.

It's the best 26 quid i spend.

If anyone wants the name, PM me and I'll point you in the correct direction. Obv not sure if blonde would want me naming it!!
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 13, 2016, 07:46:28 PM »

Pretty much what I did before mate, now I'm confident with them I just want a more powerful one.

A know a couple of people that have the minix brand and they tell me they are excellent, so I'm going for one of those....
Skippy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: November 13, 2016, 07:50:33 PM »

Pretty much what I did before mate, now I'm confident with them I just want a more powerful one.

A know a couple of people that have the minix brand and they tell me they are excellent, so I'm going for one of those....

Beware the Minix one I bought was blank without any of the fully loaded stuff on it so you'll have to do that yourself, which doesn't sound like what you want.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: