blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 04:40:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272930 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Fun pub poker hands
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fun pub poker hands  (Read 2137 times)
shipitgood

View Profile
« on: August 28, 2014, 05:04:36 PM »

Nothing serious just a bit of fun!

Friend called me up last night to see if I wanted to play a pub game, so I fired along.

Love these games they are a good laugh! And the play is interesting...

Turned out there was only 6 players in total. It starts pretty slow but soons turns into a turbo. 10 K starting stack.

1st hand, blinds 100/200, we have K2 os OTB, my friend limps cut off limps, we raise to 1.1k lol folds round to my friend who we know is always folding. Cut off thinks for a minute before calling.

Flop is 87x, check we bet 1/3rdish pot. He calls.

Turn x check check, River is a Q, check I check, he has q8 for 2 pair.

2nd hand, We have Ace 10  suited in the BB, 4 limpers blinds 200/400. We have 11kish.

This was actually a really tricky spot! If we raise we are getting called in atleast 1 spot, but chances are we are getting atleast 2 callers if not a family pot lol

I decided just to check!!

Flop was 1087 rainbow. We bet 50% pot. 1 caller.

Turn was a brick, I checked, opponent bets quite big I snap folded. He shows 9 J for the nuts.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blinds at 400/800 we have 8k (4 players left) we have   in the Small Blind

2 players limp, the bb never raises, we call the 400:)

Flop is   , nice flop!

What do you do? Was debating jamming, or check jamming. Pretty sure there is always going to be a bet with 3 other players in the pot.

In the end didn't want to have the opportunity of it being checked round, so I just jammed.

Fold fold, button says he has to call then turning over 26, turn's a spade.
[/i]  

Fast forward to heads up...

1st hand of HU, we have approx. 15 bigs villain has us covered.

We min raise 25 OTB, villain calls.

Flop 2 5 7, villain donk bets big (half my remaining stack) we jam he calls and shows 23 lol

We now have a massive chip lead, after 5 hands he starts cracking up because we keep folding when he raises 4bb out of a 7 bb stack preflop lol He was mumbling something about me just waiting for aces haha

Next hand we have ace x, and move all in, he calls with 8h10.

Ace on the turn and he's drawing dead.

Sick I won a pub poker sit and go game I know!

« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 05:15:24 PM by shipitgood » Logged
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 05:52:29 PM »

As you say the structure is turbo so you could do with using your stack more aggro pre-flop. I'd say the 8-5 & A-10 are good jamming spots pre and the K2 is a jam if you want to play the hand.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Katais

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2014, 11:53:31 PM »

The first couple of hands sound bizarre, iso K2o against loose passive ppl, a hand that flops dogger, then in a similar spot struggle with AT?

Anyway, the 85s hand seems fairly easy to play if you are "Pretty sure there is always going to be a bet with 3 other players in the pot."

Check and then "move all in over the top"  cupcake
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2014, 01:32:46 AM »

Love the emoticon Katais!

The structure started real slow, 25/50, blinds doubling every 10 minutes, so soon became a turbo!

K2 was a bit ambitious haha  easy fold

Ace 10, I know it sounds like a slam dunk raise. It's actually a really interesting hand given the dynamics of the table.

If I raise to a normal  size, literally i'm prob taking along atleast 2 callers - could even be a family pot. If I raise big the SPR is going to be really ackward, but it should be HU most times.

My stacks a bit big to be jamming imo, but mostly the fear with jamming is that someone has limped a monster, or even a better ace, which is highly possible as they were pretty much limping every hand including monsters. I reckon I can find a better spot.

5 8 was the fun hand.

On the flop defo prefer check/ jam but just couldn't risk it being checked around in the end!

shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2014, 01:52:47 AM »

As you say the structure is turbo so you could do with using your stack more aggro pre-flop. I'd say the 8-5 & A-10 are good jamming spots pre and the K2 is a jam if you want to play the hand.

Hey Mantis,

Thanks.

Yeah a lot of merit in jamming with Ace 10, was seriously worried about being dominated. I felt i'd  get a better spot.

5 8 I hate the call pre flop given my stack, @10 bigs, but was getting such a good price and the BB was never raising. Wouldn't really want to jam there either into so many players.

In fold/ or calling, I have another 1/2 orbits to get it in.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2014, 10:50:06 AM »

Controversial view, but I would suggest a £10 pub buy in has a bit more emphasis on having fun rather than winning at all costs.

Regularly jamming preflop even if it is the correct thing to do would make you a bit of a bellend and not in the spirit of the situation.  If you play optimal jamming ranges then you'll reduce enjoyment for the other players and won't be invited back.

It's not always about financial +EV imo.  You know that you're a better player than they are, but there is no need to prove it for such a small prize pool.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2014, 09:59:50 AM »

Love these games, it's where everyone starts out.

Me Jamie JP Middy Pez and Rob went over to hgate to the club where me Ash and Jamie all met each other last year, we had a fucking blast was like 30 people playing and quite a few who I'd known since being 17/18. I remember a hilarious hand where jake folded KQo on the btn with like 8 big blinds cos (and directly quoted) "I didn't wanna bust first" Hilariously I think Jamie actually won the thing for like £200 despite (or indeed aided by if you've ever played with Jamie Cheesy ) being ludicrously drunk.

Click to see full-size image.

I've played quite a bit of poker for decent-ish stakes where I do think in the back of my mind fucking hell this is a bit shit I'd really like to be doing pretty much anything else right now. Not that night though, was loving every minute of it - banter was unreal one tiny mistake or god forbid you might get bluffed you just got fkn ruined by everyone!! Yeh was pretty small money (although no-one can grumble about winning £200 and having a good night out!) but the actual game was VERY important to me as if i lost all my chips I'd be forced to leave and sit by myself whilst all my old pals had fun!

I ended up dealing the final table lol. Roll on Pub Poker you have to be made of stone not to love it Cheesy

shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2014, 04:20:54 PM »

Nice post suup sir

Totally agree with you, they are brilliant fun and cracking banter.

I normally play twice a month on a Monday, at the first place I ever played poker about 3/4 years ago.

It's still the same faces with a few new ones too.

Some cracking characters, chilled out and just all in great fun:)

I'll always remember the first night I went down, I knew the basic rules/ hand rankings but that was about it.

I also got a bit of stick for not being able to shuffle the cards/ having never dealt a hand of poker before haha

The old burn 1 turn 3, burn 1 turn 1 haha quality

« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 04:24:55 PM by shipitgood » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: