blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:04:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Stoke City FC
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 31 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stoke City FC  (Read 102112 times)
arbboy

View Profile
« on: September 02, 2014, 12:55:12 PM »

Think it's time for a thread devoted to the Midland's best side as the bet365 money slowly propels us up the Premier League.  There are several Stokies on blonde and a few lurkers i know who read but don't post so hopefully we can get a few more involved.  Seems a perfect time to start the thread after taking care of the Oil boys at the weekend on their own patch.

We were bottom of the summer spend table yet i think we still have a very solid side for this season with little investment made this summer.  Biggest coups of the summer were holding onto our back 4 and keeper when so many teams were supposedly looking for centre halfs.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 12:57:29 PM by arbboy » Logged
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 01:06:44 PM »

Stoke's best player?

Your favourite Stoke player?

Charlie Adam is a Dundee lad so I always like to see him do well, thoughts on him?
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2014, 01:11:37 PM »

Stoke's best player?  Keeper - Best bit of business in the summer for stoke was not losing him

Your favourite Stoke player?  Crouch - His wonder goal against Man City was just unreal for a guy with his build.

Charlie Adam is a Dundee lad so I always like to see him do well, thoughts on him?   Slow, over weight, dirty, lazy but very talented.
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2014, 04:40:28 PM »

The only thing I know about Stoke City is that the Victoria Ground was the scariest one to visit as an away fan.

As they are my pick in the sweepstake Tighty organised I wish then a successful season Smiley

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2014, 04:41:28 PM »

Excellent idea for a thread, & I'm sure both Stoke City fans will enjoy it.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2014, 04:45:25 PM »

The only thing I know about Stoke City is that the Victoria Ground was the scariest one to visit as an away fan.

As they are my pick in the sweepstake Tighty organised I wish then a successful season Smiley

Mixed views of visiting Stoke

Victoria ground on the lower tier away end being pelted with coins before a play off semi second leg. penting intensified when garry parker won it for us....

at the hideous, soulless and bleak Britannia stadium where it is windy even on a still day having to tolerate stoke fans invading the pitch and rubbing our noses in it in their promotion season having sent us to league one that day.

Many a Leicester fan has doing something pleasant like an upset victory there bookmarked in a corner of our minds ever since

We go there for the first time in the league since in 11 days.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2014, 04:58:36 PM »

Did you go during the Victoria Ground days Arb boy?  How do you find the new stadium compared to that in terms of comfort/atmosphere etc?
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2014, 04:59:41 PM »

Did you go during the Victoria Ground days Arb boy?  How do you find the new stadium compared to that in terms of comfort/atmosphere etc?

I only went there once during the mid 1990's with a uni mate.  It was a pretty brutal atmosphere in those days compared to the brit which as tighty says is too corporate and bland.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2014, 05:15:04 PM »

Was a tough walk for an away fan from the station to the ground!
exstream

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2014, 05:28:53 PM »

Got Stoke, Man U, ?Palace?, Arsenal, Southampton, Newcastle and Liverpool.

Can I make a thread for the rest?
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2014, 05:31:15 PM »

I quite like whiling away coffee breaks looking in on these club threads to be honest.  The Championship thread used to be great, but it's not so active now that Chompy's lot lost their membership Wink
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2014, 05:32:32 PM »

I'll save you all the leicester city thread.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2014, 05:43:55 PM »

Got Stoke, Man U, ?Palace?, Arsenal, Southampton, Newcastle and Liverpool.

Can I make a thread for the rest?

Of course, anyone can start threads. You'll need to "work it" if you want it to be successful, but you'll get plenty of help from others if you set it up nicely.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2014, 05:46:09 PM »

I only went there once during the mid 1990's with a uni mate.  It was a pretty brutal atmosphere in those days compared to the brit which as tighty says is too corporate and bland.

When did you start following them?

Did you have another team you followed before becoming a Stokie?

I'm pretty sure Stoke's Finest are Port Vale anyway Smiley

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2014, 05:55:46 PM »

When did you start following them?

Did you have another team you followed before becoming a Stokie?

I'm pretty sure Stoke's Finest are Port Vale anyway Smiley

I followed Leicester as a kid as i grew up 20 miles from there and Lineker was my hero as a kid.  Went to loads of their games in the dark ages of the mid/late 1980's and loads of Forest games with a mate from school who's dad was a season ticket holder so every other week i either went to a leics game or a forest game for 3/4 years (i know that sounds crazy as they are rivals but when you are 11 you just want to go to a game every saturday).  Stopped watching football live all together around 1989/90 season with school exams/sports etc taking up weekends.  Moved to Staffs in 2001 to work for bet365 and virtually all my mates are stoke season ticket holders and/or fans and have pretty much followed them since then tbh.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 31 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: