blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:06:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Strictly Come Dancing 2014
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Strictly Come Dancing 2014  (Read 14694 times)
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #165 on: December 20, 2014, 09:59:40 PM »

Graham, I would posit that you are, in fact, being picky.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 20, 2014, 10:10:28 PM »

The lad Simon has done well.  Had to do a late cover, would be a good winner I think. Am indifferent between him and Caroline betting wise now.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 21, 2014, 11:26:43 AM »

Just watching it all now. Alan Bennett monologue follows...

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 21, 2014, 11:38:04 AM »

A general comment to begin. This is a dance competition, despite all the additional bits, so the final should see a roughly even split between latin and ballroom disciplines. Frankie chose to do a latin, so she should have been invited by the judges to do a ballroom dance...

Click to see full-size image.

Someone will need to tell me why the judges chose a poor dance for the couples. If Caroline gets an easy one, there could be flouncing.

First off, then. Frankie. A marked improvement of course. I don't consider her to be a natural latin dancer but the samba is very difficult and it was quick. She coped very well and the mark was on the generous side of fair.

Mark doing a cha-cha has surely basically killed his chances of winning. He doesn't close his feet properly when walking forwards and it's got to be one of his weaker disciplines. It was clearly much better than last time, but I don't get why we couldn't see him in tails doing his waltz.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 21, 2014, 11:42:14 AM »

Caroline.

Ok. Here goes. Her best dance of the competition. Outstanding cha-cha. One of the very best I've seen on Strictly. If it doesn't get forty, it's an outrage.

Her weight - which has been one of my biggest bugbears - was forward and she generated excellent hip action. It really was fantastic.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 21, 2014, 11:45:38 AM »

Four latin dances chosen by the Producers judges, then. Risible.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 21, 2014, 11:48:34 AM »

Simon's Charleston wasn't as good as I remember it from last time. A little behind at times and a little ahead. The transitions weren't as smooth either. The swivel action was excellent, though.

Generously marked, IMO.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 11:50:59 AM by Tal » Logged

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 21, 2014, 11:56:47 AM »

Showdances, then.

Frankie up first. She looked like she had an absolute ball. I loved the Sound of Music reference with the walk across the benches.

Didn't close her feet properly once at the start but otherwise I thought her feet were perfect.

Not an inspiring showdance though. Sorry.

Edit: love that I was right on the Sound of Music reference Cheesy

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 21, 2014, 11:57:59 AM »

Frankie chose to do a latin, so she

I only flit in & out of the SCD Posts, but today is the first time I realised that "Frankie" was Female.

I bet Camel knew.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 12:01:47 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 21, 2014, 12:00:42 PM »

Mark immediately reverts to Dad Dancing in his showdance. No channer. not even close.

The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 21, 2014, 12:03:03 PM »

I'm not being picky but Frankies mouth is off centre, or something is.  Maybe it's just that picture, can't say I've noticed it before.  She is stunning though.

Elbows far too pointy too.

Click to see full-size image.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 21, 2014, 12:08:59 PM »

I have to take my hat off. Caroline's showdance was absolutely sensational. The whole thing was hugely risky, it was just about perfect as a story and she worked fantastically hard on getting it finished.

Not to my normal taste, but far and away the best of the three showdances so far.

She still does my nut in, mind.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 21, 2014, 12:15:36 PM »

Simon's showdance was much more what I want to see in a showdance: a combination of all the dances, stupendously choreographed and wildly entertaining.

I really enjoyed that.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 21, 2014, 12:26:56 PM »

Well done, public. Right one went in fourth.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 21, 2014, 12:37:20 PM »

Frankie's paso was much better than her last one (which I seem to recall criticising). Craig seems to have had it in for Frankie and Kevin's face said it all when the nine appeared.

Caroline was also much better. Still some timing issues but an improvement for sure. 40 was inevitable. She's the first person to score 120. Better than Ramprakash then. My eye.

Simon's Argentine Tango is the dances of the series. End of discussion.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 12:39:48 PM by Tal » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: