blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:10:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  When is abuse at the table too much?
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: When is abuse at the table too much?  (Read 3005 times)
baldock92

View Profile
« on: September 06, 2014, 01:23:17 PM »

I was playing in the XXL giant last night for a bit of fun, and play was getting fairly close to the bubble. Our table until this point has been very lighthearted and fun, with no sense that anything could kick off. A hand occurs between 2 players, where a dodgy call all in was made on the turn by 33 against A3 on an AJ9x board. The guy with A3 said something along the lines of "I'm in great shape here", and ends up taking the pot down. About a minute passes before the guy who called with 33 starts mouthing off at this other guy, swearing and abusing him saying why are you always trying to mug me off, blah blah. Whilst him and others try to protest it was a simple innocent comment he abuses the other peacemakers and continues firing abuse. The dealer warned him after a minute or so, but continued to abuse him and others, saying "I'll be waiting for you outside".

My question is, when does abuse at the table classify as being too much, and should the player be ejected from the tournament? He survived for another 10 minutes before busting, but personally I felt he should have been long gone.

Feed em rice.
luther101

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2014, 01:46:25 PM »

Pfffffffffff    .....     come to Luton - it's treated as a full contact sport down here, you big Jesse!

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2014, 02:34:40 PM »

Yup, same as Jossie sayed, pretty tame by Luton standards.

If that's the worst you've seen at a poker table you've run good.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
baldock92

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2014, 02:54:05 PM »

Surely just because there is worse out there it doesn't make it right? If a player were to make a small yet racist comment on a table directed at another player it'd be completely unacceptable, but it's not the worst case of racism to have occurred. I know these are different scenarios but they have the same background

Feed em rice.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2014, 03:05:00 PM »

It's pretty much never right to abuse someone at the table. Or anywhere else.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2014, 03:31:22 PM »

I was playing in the XXL giant last night for a bit of fun, and play was getting fairly close to the bubble. Our table until this point has been very lighthearted and fun, with no sense that anything could kick off. A hand occurs between 2 players, where a dodgy call all in was made on the turn by 33 against A3 on an AJ9x board. The guy with A3 said something along the lines of "I'm in great shape here", and ends up taking the pot down. About a minute passes before the guy who called with 33 starts mouthing off at this other guy, swearing and abusing him saying why are you always trying to mug me off, blah blah. Whilst him and others try to protest it was a simple innocent comment he abuses the other peacemakers and continues firing abuse. The dealer warned him after a minute or so, but continued to abuse him and others, saying "I'll be waiting for you outside".

My question is, when does abuse at the table classify as being too much, and should the player be ejected from the tournament? He survived for another 10 minutes before busting, but personally I felt he should have been long gone.

the DTD TD was presumably told, and asked to deal with this?

he or she would do so straight away if called upon.....

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2014, 05:05:47 PM »

Get stuffed Tal you silly chess liking nob poo.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2014, 05:18:18 PM »

Get stuffed Tal you silly chess liking nob poo.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
baldock92

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2014, 07:19:42 PM »

the DTD TD was presumably told, and asked to deal with this?

he or she would do so straight away if called upon.....

The TD was told, but all that happened was being told not to do it again several times, until he finally bust 10 minutes later. He then had a scrap with the bouncers outside I heard.

Feed em rice.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2014, 08:33:28 PM »

Is it when you have to give them a smack in the chops?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Waz1892

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2014, 09:43:52 PM »

"Waiting outside for you" is well outta line

Carpe Diem
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2014, 09:48:27 PM »

Should have just agreed with him, and said that he likely would be the first one outside playing like he was...

JaffaCake

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2014, 11:20:41 PM »

Go on argueboy
Sulphur man

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2014, 03:28:16 PM »

"He then had a scrap with the bouncers outside I heard." And you say nothing was done? Pointless post/thread.

I've never played any game, or done anything that was so powerful at making you believe that you 'owned' it... before making you realize that you actually don't.
baldock92

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2014, 01:59:39 AM »

"He then had a scrap with the bouncers outside I heard." And you say nothing was done? Pointless post/thread.

Only just seen this.

So you didn't read the part about him being there for another 10 minutes, continuing to mouth off? Why should he have been allowed to remain in the tournament all this time when pretty much having a pop at everyone at the table?!

He only got taken out by the bouncers after he'd bust, he never got asked to leave whilst the abuse was happening.

Pointless reply.

Feed em rice.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: