blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 11:50:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272772 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The Apprentice 2014
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Apprentice 2014  (Read 31561 times)
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: December 04, 2014, 12:16:02 AM »

Yeah bullshit, someone should complain to BBC. 
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 04, 2014, 09:31:43 AM »

That episode didn't sit well with me.

Sugar was outsmarted and decided he couldn't be having that so engineered it so that he could fire Felipe.

Even ignoring the skeleton they were by far the better team.

Sanjay has to be next to go? Should have gone today of course.

Regards,

C

Blue text
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #137 on: December 04, 2014, 10:05:36 AM »

Fining them for bringing back a bit of rope (that they got for nothing) because it was too long is a joke as well.  Doesn't Sugar have a pair of scissors in his organisation that he can use?  It's not as though it cost them any more, and he was just being a tit.

As for the skeleton, if he wanted a plastic one he should have said.  He even called the other team's skeleton a 'real one' at one point.  He should have been more specific with the brief if he wanted a plastic skeleton.

Regards,

k

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 04, 2014, 10:52:30 AM »

Morning lord sugar

Click to see full-size image.

read the small print, it apparently required it to be assembled

regards TE

Would be absolutely very surprised indeed if Roisin did not win. A diamond for £50!

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #139 on: December 04, 2014, 11:15:28 AM »

Never before has the artifice of the show been so clearly revealed.

"Nick, even though this team did everything right according to the instructions they were given, I don't like this skeleton thing so could you fine them enough so they lose"

Felipe must be a pretty shit lawyer if he couldn't argue that the skeleton was valid.

Regards

A
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 04, 2014, 11:56:04 AM »

Morning lord sugar

read the small print, it apparently required it to be assembled

regards TE

Would be absolutely very surprised indeed if Roisin did not win. A diamond for £50!

Agreed she revealed two other hidden assets last night on top of her many other skills!
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 04, 2014, 02:37:36 PM »

Do you want her to run more Arb?
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 04, 2014, 05:39:32 PM »

Never before has the artifice of the show been so clearly revealed.

"Nick, even though this team did everything right according to the instructions they were given, I don't like this skeleton thing so could you fine them enough so they lose"

Felipe must be a pretty shit lawyer if he couldn't argue that the skeleton was valid.

Regards

A

Absolutely, the skeleton issue allowed LordSirAlan to choose the winning team, which obviously meant choosing the team which didn't include Roisin.
As I recall it she was one of the girls who found the suggestion that they should use their feminine wiles to their advantage in Week One, but wasn't above the flirty looks and hair-tossing when she needed it last night.
She's still favourite though.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 04, 2014, 06:07:15 PM »

Do you want her to run more Arb?

When i was training as an accountant 18 years ago there weren't too many like her in the office!!
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 04, 2014, 07:31:23 PM »

Felipe committed the cardinal sin of making your prospective employer/investor look stupid and deserved to be fired just for that reason.

Ah! The element of surprise
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 04, 2014, 07:48:23 PM »

Felipe committed the cardinal sin of making your prospective employer/investor look stupid and deserved to be fired just for that reason.

Can't agree with that at all, his prospective employer looked stupid entirely because of his own actions.  His employer would have looked way better if he smiled and congratulated him on his initiative. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 04, 2014, 07:58:36 PM »

Can't agree with that at all, his prospective employer looked stupid entirely because of his own actions.  His employer would have looked way better if he smiled and congratulated him on his initiative.  

Totally spot on. Whatever sugar likes to portray pr wise about being a man from the streets who grafted his way to the top the hard way selling computers from the back of a van he loves an arse kissing yes man to stroke his ego and being surrounded by pretty young females.  He has surrounded himself with them for years.  Just look at Nick is there anyone on TV who is more yes man and annoying than him?  The last two girls on last years show prove the latter as well.  

I thought the lawyer had pulled a master stroke off last night with that coup which could have ended up with him winning the event.  I wish he had gone down big time though justifying himself like a top lawyer should have done.  Sugars ego won the day though and his two yes men Karen and Nick just nodded along like the lap dogs they are. Sorry state of affairs as sugar has spent decades bending rules and ironing people out himself to get where he is now. Fair play to the lawyer for Taking the gamble.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 08:25:12 PM by arbboy » Logged
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 04, 2014, 09:17:12 PM »

Can't agree with that at all, his prospective employer looked stupid entirely because of his own actions.  His employer would have looked way better if he smiled and congratulated him on his initiative. 

Totally spot on. Whatever sugar likes to portray pr wise about being a man from the streets who grafted his way to the top the hard way selling computers from the back of a van he loves an arse kissing yes man to stroke his ego and being surrounded by pretty young females.  He has surrounded himself with them for years.  Just look at Nick is there anyone on TV who is more yes man and annoying than him?  The last two girls on last years show prove the latter as well. 

I thought the lawyer had pulled a master stroke off last night with that coup which could have ended up with him winning the event.  I wish he had gone down big time though justifying himself like a top lawyer should have done.  Sugars ego won the day though and his two yes men Karen and Nick just nodded along like the lap dogs they are. Sorry state of affairs as sugar has spent decades bending rules and ironing people out himself to get where he is now. Fair play to the lawyer for Taking the gamble.

Know your enemy!
Felipe should have known Sugars ego would not take lightly to being made to look stupid and that is the reason to get fired. I do agree though that it was a smart idea one that Sugar would have gladly used himself.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 04, 2014, 09:21:04 PM »

Can't agree with that at all, his prospective employer looked stupid entirely because of his own actions.  His employer would have looked way better if he smiled and congratulated him on his initiative.  

Totally spot on. Whatever sugar likes to portray pr wise about being a man from the streets who grafted his way to the top the hard way selling computers from the back of a van he loves an arse kissing yes man to stroke his ego and being surrounded by pretty young females.  He has surrounded himself with them for years.  Just look at Nick is there anyone on TV who is more yes man and annoying than him?  The last two girls on last years show prove the latter as well.  

I thought the lawyer had pulled a master stroke off last night with that coup which could have ended up with him winning the event.  I wish he had gone down big time though justifying himself like a top lawyer should have done.  Sugars ego won the day though and his two yes men Karen and Nick just nodded along like the lap dogs they are. Sorry state of affairs as sugar has spent decades bending rules and ironing people out himself to get where he is now. Fair play to the lawyer for Taking the gamble.

Know your enemy!
Felipe should have known Sugars ego would not take lightly to being made to look stupid and that is the reason to get fired. I do agree though that it was a smart idea one that Sugar would have gladly used himself.

He has dodged a bullet then not having to go into business which such a ***** of an investor imo!  What's good for the goose is good for the gander.
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 04, 2014, 09:29:34 PM »

Totally spot on. Whatever sugar likes to portray pr wise about being a man from the streets who grafted his way to the top the hard way selling computers from the back of a van he loves an arse kissing yes man to stroke his ego and being surrounded by pretty young females.  He has surrounded himself with them for years.  Just look at Nick is there anyone on TV who is more yes man and annoying than him?  The last two girls on last years show prove the latter as well. 

I thought the lawyer had pulled a master stroke off last night with that coup which could have ended up with him winning the event.  I wish he had gone down big time though justifying himself like a top lawyer should have done.  Sugars ego won the day though and his two yes men Karen and Nick just nodded along like the lap dogs they are. Sorry state of affairs as sugar has spent decades bending rules and ironing people out himself to get where he is now. Fair play to the lawyer for Taking the gamble.

Know your enemy!

He has dodged a bullet then not having to go into business which such a ***** of an investor imo!  What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Yep, Sugar has obviously done ok for himself but I really wouldn't want to get in to bed with him. He'd take 99% of the bed and insist on AMS logo'd pillows for you to bite on.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 ... 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: