blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 08, 2024, 10:01:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272928 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Ched Evans
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 ... 45 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ched Evans  (Read 114155 times)
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #345 on: January 06, 2015, 11:49:34 AM »

Where Evans is scoring a PR own goal is this website that BBC were talking about earlier today which contains a video of the girl.

Sounds like her father is trying to get the site taken down by the authorities.

They reported that it was found to be registered in his name at an address in Alderley Edge.

The treatment of the victim by his "supporters" looks bad.

Sounds like she has had to move 5 times since the case.

I'm sure he could appeal to those people to leave her alone and let him get on with his legal case without the bad PR all that brings.

Agree with all that. 
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #346 on: January 06, 2015, 11:49:38 AM »

Is Ched Evans really this thick?

NO ONE WANTS YOU AT THEIR CLUB.

It is as simple as that.

Why doesn't he go and find something else to do with his sad little life?

It isn't that simple.  Oldham, Tranmere, Hartlepool and Sheff Utd did want him at their club, but were subsequently put off by media campaigns against him because they were worried about the damage to their brand.  If clubs keep opening negotiations with him, then he is hardly thick if he wants to explore each avenue?

And each one has been nixxed almost straight away.

The threat by a shirt sponsor to end their deal immediately will be enough for any second or third tier team to pull out of any agreement to sign Evans.

Unless he wins his appeal, I don't think he'll play league football in England ever again (I suppose if his victim comes out in support of him playing - then he might get a chance)

If he were to win his appeal, would there be a "victim"?

Yes Ched would be the victim.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #347 on: January 06, 2015, 12:02:42 PM »

Where Evans is scoring a PR own goal is this website that BBC were talking about earlier today which contains a video of the girl.

Sounds like her father is trying to get the site taken down by the authorities.

They reported that it was found to be registered in his name at an address in Alderley Edge.

The treatment of the victim by his "supporters" looks bad.

Sounds like she has had to move 5 times since the case.

I'm sure he could appeal to those people to leave her alone and let him get on with his legal case without the bad PR all that brings.

Just as an aside, I'd not necessarily read too much into that.

A "malicious" website that was recently maliciously harassing Sky Poker, & me, was, after investigation, found to be registered to.....blondepoker Ltd.

We obviously knew nothing of how that happened, but it took many months of hassle, legal threats & all sorts to get the registration of the site disassociated with blondepoker.

We said "who paid the Registration Fee?".

They said "we can't tell you that, due to the Data Protection Act".

"But you claim it was blondepoker, that's us"

"Yes, but we can't disclose who paid the fees". 

So it's possible Evans & his crew know nothing of it.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #348 on: January 06, 2015, 12:12:43 PM »

I find it interesting that hundreds of thousands of people expressing their opinion on social media or through their respective companies as sponsors or club community members are called a 'baying mob' when there are Evans supporters hunting down the woman that he is convicted of raping.

She has been forced to changed her identity, create a new life from scratch five times because she is being hunted down and abused, yet Evans says nothing to discourage this behaviour.

This woman can't walk down the street without the well founded fear of being abused, yet some are up in arms about Evans not being allowed to walk back into an x thousand pounds a week job which to me is pretty baffling.

RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #349 on: January 06, 2015, 12:28:25 PM »

I find it interesting that hundreds of thousands of people expressing their opinion on social media or through their respective companies as sponsors or club community members are called a 'baying mob' when there are Evans supporters hunting down the woman that he is convicted of raping.

She has been forced to changed her identity, create a new life from scratch five times because she is being hunted down and abused, yet Evans says nothing to discourage this behaviour.

This woman can't walk down the street without the well founded fear of being abused, yet some are up in arms about Evans not being allowed to walk back into an x thousand pounds a week job which to me is pretty baffling.

And in society today (especially after all the publicity on other sexual crimes Rotherham, Rochdale, TV personalities etc) that is just not on and neither should it be.

We should be protecting all victims and the treatment of her currently does Evans no favours.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #350 on: January 06, 2015, 12:29:56 PM »

It's a seperate issue.  The baying mob on Evans' side should be prosecuted for victim intimidation/stalking or whatever charge is appropriate.  Why they are not is a question for the authorities.

Evans was prosecuted, and served time in jail.

Just because the law isn't being upheld on one side shouldn't mean that Evans shouldn't be free to continue his career now his sentence is served.

I agree that Evans should do more to silence his own "supporters".  It does his cause no good at all.
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #351 on: January 06, 2015, 12:38:38 PM »

In a liberal objective way I think it's right he should carry on his career - but I think the natural response from most people would be that they wouldn't really want to employ or work with a convicted rapist, or to be associated with them in any way. I think it's a bit odd if people can't understand that's where the protests against him come from.

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #352 on: January 06, 2015, 12:46:24 PM »

Only the custodial part of his sentence is served, he is currently out on license while attending a rehabilitation program for sexual offenders and having meetings with probation officers. If he breaks the terms of his license he'll be back in prison tomorrow.

I'm not sure if I'm reading the 'law being upheld on one side' comment correctly but are you suggesting that there being very little public appetite for him to continue in his role as a footballer is in breach of law and that the police are deciding to look the other way?

DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #353 on: January 06, 2015, 01:11:14 PM »

In a liberal objective way I think it's right he should carry on his career

Absolutely, I think he has a big opportunity to make a bold statement on the issue of consent. If he was to come out and say that when put in a situation of very questionable consent he made a bad decision and consent not just for men but for women as well should be paramount in any sexual encounter then he'd be doing a lot of good for society as a whole.

It would be very hard to do since he's a long way down the road of denial and it flies in the face of 'lad' culture that seems to be very prevalent in football especially but in wider society too. If he did that then I think he'd be showing that he's on the road to rehabilitation and could certainly make a return to football.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #354 on: January 06, 2015, 01:23:15 PM »

He has got to odds against to never play league football in the uk again surely whether he wins the appeal or not.  Lee Hughes has been playing for years after killing someone and nothing is ever said now.  I would happily back him at even money to play league football again in the uk.  Some club is going to get him for a tenth of his market salary and won't be able to turn it down at the lower levels.  Whether he ever plays epl/championship level again is a lot more unlikely as these clubs have a lot more financially to lose via the corporate side of the game.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #355 on: January 06, 2015, 01:24:50 PM »

In a liberal objective way I think it's right he should carry on his career - but I think the natural response from most people would be that they wouldn't really want to employ or work with a convicted rapist, or to be associated with them in any way. I think it's a bit odd if people can't understand that's where the protests against him come from.

4 football clubs have wanted to employ him.  And I'm fairly sure those who sign these petitions aren't the prospective team mates.  So as far as I can see the protests against him aren't from the employers or employees, but from people online who have to fill their hours and make themselves feel important, as opposed to allowing a man to serve his sentence and then try and rebuild his career.

30,000 people signed the Oldham petition.  In the context of how many people attend football or watch it every weekend it's tiny.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #356 on: January 06, 2015, 01:25:51 PM »

Only the custodial part of his sentence is served, he is currently out on license while attending a rehabilitation program for sexual offenders and having meetings with probation officers. If he breaks the terms of his license he'll be back in prison tomorrow.

I'm not sure if I'm reading the 'law being upheld on one side' comment correctly but are you suggesting that there being very little public appetite for him to continue in his role as a footballer is in breach of law and that the police are deciding to look the other way?

No - I'm saying the idiots who hound the victim in this case must be breaking laws when doing so.  Why aren't they being put in the dock themselves?
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #357 on: January 06, 2015, 01:26:17 PM »

4 football clubs have wanted to employ him.  And I'm fairly sure those who sign these petitions aren't the prospective team mates.  So as far as I can see the protests against him aren't from the employers or employees, but from people online who have to fill their hours and make themselves feel important, as opposed to allowing a man to serve his sentence and then try and rebuild his career.

30,000 people signed the Oldham petition.  In the context of how many people attend football or watch it every weekend it's tiny.

Less than 300 of them will be people who have actually attended an Oldham game this year imo.
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #358 on: January 06, 2015, 01:29:00 PM »

Less than 300 of them will be people who have actually attended an Oldham game this year imo.

The Evening Standard conducted a poll in London which showed about 2/3 of the respondents wouldn't want him to play for their club - I'd expect the figure to be at least similar for most places.

That's even taking into account the laddish football culture which is more likely to blame the victim - in the general population about working with a convicted rapist I'd expect the figure to be even higher.

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #359 on: January 06, 2015, 01:32:02 PM »

The Evening Standard conducted a poll in London which showed about 2/3 of the respondents wouldn't want him to play for their club - I'd expect the figure to be at least similar for most places.

That's even taking into account the laddish football culture which is more likely to blame the victim - in the general population about working with a convicted rapist I'd expect the figure to be even higher.

Ask tranmere fans or Hartlepool fans if they could sign him for £500 a week when his market value is £5-8k a week with the promise he keeps them in the football league and i think you might get a different answer.  They might not be as keen to admit it in public just like the vast majority of silent people in the yes/no vote were no voters whilst the loud minority was shouting yes at the top of their voice.  It is crazy to think footballers at the lower level of the game are role models when they earn less than most of us on this forum and are totally unknown to 99% of the people in the town they play in.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 01:34:43 PM by arbboy » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 ... 45 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: