blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 07:12:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272768 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Ched Evans
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 ... 45 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ched Evans  (Read 113366 times)
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #420 on: January 06, 2015, 06:41:54 PM »

Think you summed up thread tbh David.

Was a "debate" on this topic on Daily Politics which was one of the strangest things I've seen for a while, then again it involved that Eric Hall idiot, who is a " Football Agent". Worth looking up on iplayer?

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #421 on: January 06, 2015, 06:47:55 PM »

Eric Hall is still around? wow!

thought agents were all MBA toting corporate lawyer types these days

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #422 on: January 06, 2015, 07:34:39 PM »

Keith if you were sentenced for "raping" someone and you were 100% sure you never done it would you be full of remorse?

There is no doubting Evans is an idiot but the guy deserves the chance to get back into the game and start earning a crust. 

He's done his sentence and like any other crim he needs to get back to normalisation. 
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #423 on: January 06, 2015, 08:26:13 PM »

He was on the wireless yesterday.

He said he was willing to bet that Evans would be signed this season. He also offered to be his Agent.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #424 on: January 06, 2015, 08:30:24 PM »

He said he was willing to bet that Evans would be signed this season. He also offered to be his Agent.

?he has just been on news as well.  Was he always that small?  He looked very oddly shaped on the tv.
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #425 on: January 06, 2015, 08:31:06 PM »

monsta monsta
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #426 on: January 06, 2015, 08:34:44 PM »

?he has just been on news as well.  Was he always that small?  He looked very oddly shaped on the tv.

Was seriously ill a few years ago, guess its taken its toll?

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #427 on: January 06, 2015, 08:47:55 PM »

Was seriously ill a few years ago, guess its taken its toll?

ok makes more sense.  ty
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #428 on: January 06, 2015, 08:51:26 PM »

Keith if you were sentenced for "raping" someone and you were 100% sure you never done it would you be full of remorse?

There is no doubting Evans is an idiot but the guy deserves the chance to get back into the game and start earning a crust. 

He's done his sentence and like any other crim he needs to get back to normalisation. 

Pretty much this. Especially the first line.

As I don't know if he did or didn't commit the crime, I might substitute "deserve" for "has the right to".

Didn't some goalkeeper kill someone after drink driving a few years back? Im sure when he got behind the wheel he KNEW what could happen. This guy may only think he was having consensual sex. One has grey areas one doesn't, but I don't recall the goalie being hounded out of the game.*

I, in no way condone Mr Evans etc, before the usuals jump up and down. Just a view.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #429 on: January 07, 2015, 02:08:08 PM »

Dan Roan ‏@danroan 5 minutes ago

Oldham sponsors telling us that club are warning them agreement reached with Ched Evans & they should expect announcement tmrw or Friday

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #430 on: January 07, 2015, 02:21:46 PM »

As I don't know if he did or didn't commit the crime, I might substitute "deserve" for "has the right to".

Didn't some goalkeeper kill someone after drink driving a few years back? Im sure when he got behind the wheel he KNEW what could happen. This guy may only think he was having consensual sex. One has grey areas one doesn't, but I don't recall the goalie being hounded out of the game.*

I, in no way condone Mr Evans etc, before the usuals jump up and down. Just a view.

I dont know much about the case as i havent been following it or this thread. However something i found quite interesting was posted on Twitter by Nick Weatherall (Camel, Toby Lewis and Vicky Coren in convo) he said that the guy has NOT served all of his sentence, he has just been released early from prison and put on Licence, surely this should make a difference as to whether he is allowed to play football? I would have thought some sort of community work would be more appropriate until his sentence is fully served?
buzzharvey22

View Profile
« Reply #431 on: January 07, 2015, 05:22:38 PM »

I dont know much about the case as i havent been following it or this thread. However something i found quite interesting was posted on Twitter by Nick Weatherall (Camel, Toby Lewis and Vicky Coren in convo) he said that the guy has NOT served all of his sentence, he has just been released early from prison and put on Licence, surely this should make a difference as to whether he is allowed to play football? I would have thought some sort of community work would be more appropriate until his sentence is fully served?

Not his fault he has been let of prison early. Gotta be allowed to earn money to live on.
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #432 on: January 07, 2015, 05:27:41 PM »

How can you be "100% sure", there isn't anything to be 100% sure about, you either know you did it or not.

So why does he deserve a chance? by the way and how is being a footballer on thousands of pounds a week "normalisation"?
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #433 on: January 07, 2015, 06:03:22 PM »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30681333

Evans father-in-law to be is reported to have agreed to bankroll any club losses from sponsors walking away

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #434 on: January 07, 2015, 06:06:57 PM »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30681333

Evans father-in-law to be is reported to have agreed to bankroll any club losses from sponsors walking away

the behaviour of Evans fiancee and her family is one of the oddest things about this complicated case, from the lady standing by her fella who, at the very very very least was unfaithful to her to her dad funding legal cases and now this

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 ... 45 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: