blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 11:20:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272575 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  AmayaStars
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 44 Go Down Print
Author Topic: AmayaStars  (Read 148247 times)
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2014, 11:38:52 AM »

Just my 0.2 cents

But I don't think all the changes at Stars are down to Amaya most of the things they have implemented will have been in the pipeline for a long time already. Cutting off affiliates, introducing spin and go's, now the currency charge.

Stars has always planned things out long in advance and most of these (specifically spin and go's) would have been a long time in development. The site has been moving away from the stars of old steadily since BF and this accelerated when they bought FTP and essentially killed off  the site (which I think everyone thought had a chance of becoming firm #2 again)

Amaya might have moved up the timescales on some of these things certainly but, Stars was alredy going down this route

I don't think the "old Stars" would have brought in the currency charges

Also think they would have given the reason for cutting off the grey area countries (if they cut them off at all)

You might be right about the other things. Perhaps the Scheinberg's were delaying bringing in them in to maintain their popularity.

Wonder how long the deal precludes them from opening a new poker site.

Because if they opened one tomorrow it would be a serious rival for Stars.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 27, 2014, 04:23:24 PM »

Wonder how long the deal precludes them from opening a new poker site.

Because if they opened one tomorrow it would be a serious rival for Stars.

You really think this is likely?  I can see this when you sell your company for £50m or something but when you sell it for billions surely you spend a bit of time with your family, random hookers and your coke dealer?

DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: October 30, 2014, 09:33:18 AM »

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/28/internet-poker/announcement-pokerstars-changes-rake-spin-go-prizes-battle-planets-1485512/

End of battle of the planets, rake increases etc.

Probably a good strategy by Stars to get all their bad news out in quick succession.
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 30, 2014, 10:09:33 AM »

was always going to happen and I doubt a handful of people withdrawing their custom will touch them.

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 30, 2014, 10:21:27 AM »

The hyper turbo rake increases are pretty hilarious. Attacking the people who start games, especially at the small stakes seems pretty flawed and counterproductive. How long until the new 230$ Sunday million coming up with its new ko format is revealed? I really hope they have thought about this, it doesn't seem like the greatest decision ever.

http://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Amaya-Gaming-Group-Reviews-E473086.htm some interestng comments here.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 30, 2014, 10:56:40 AM »

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/28/internet-poker/announcement-pokerstars-changes-rake-spin-go-prizes-battle-planets-1485512/

Probably a good strategy by Stars to get all their bad news out in quick succession.

Seems to have been well-received on 2+2, then?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Matt.NFFC.

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 30, 2014, 11:12:51 AM »

Seems to have been well-received on 2+2, then?

Yes, they seem to be going nuts over there.

I'm not particularly up to date on current events, but I guess the other sites are rubbing their hands at a potential player exodus from Stars?
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: October 30, 2014, 11:26:34 AM »

IMO there will lots of complaints and very little in the way of an exodus. Reminds me of all the people I see moaning about and claiming they will leave Facebook.......on Facebook.

However it would be great, no offence to stars, if another room became a major competitor.
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 30, 2014, 12:08:54 PM »

IMO there will lots of complaints and very little in the way of an exodus. Reminds me of all the people I see moaning about and claiming they will leave Facebook.......on Facebook.

However it would be great, no offence to stars, if another room became a major competitor.

Personally, I don't mind causing offence to Stars anymore.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 30, 2014, 12:10:16 PM »

In part they can do this because the players have no where else of the same quality to go to right?

Competitors are cheaper, as of now i think...but no sign anyone can match the software platform, service, player base

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 30, 2014, 12:15:34 PM »

Also the average player will be oblivious of these changes because altho price of games have increased they show as the same price in the lobby for the majority (unless I'm mistaken)

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 30, 2014, 12:32:04 PM »

In part they can do this because the players have no where else of the same quality to go to right?

Competitors are cheaper, as of now i think...but no sign anyone can match the software platform, service, player base

Exactly this having virtually dismantled FTP as far as I'm concerned.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 30, 2014, 12:34:51 PM »

Just a carbon copy of when betfair introduced the premium charge to big winning customers.  Everyone cried, moaned for 2 days then got on with giving betfair all the business day in day out as per usual as there was nowhere else they could make a living.   Everyone said 'let's move to betdaq' but nobody did because there was no liquidity there to bet against.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 12:59:59 PM by arbboy » Logged
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 30, 2014, 01:09:44 PM »

Also the average player will be oblivious of these changes because altho price of games have increased they show as the same price in the lobby for the majority (unless I'm mistaken)

This is so true for over 98% of their customers which is why they do the rake like this so they can increase the price of the product without the vast majority of their customers even realising.
AlunB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: October 30, 2014, 03:11:20 PM »

Just a carbon copy of when betfair introduced the premium charge to big winning customers.  Everyone cried, moaned for 2 days then got on with giving betfair all the business day in day out as per usual as there was nowhere else they could make a living.   Everyone said 'let's move to betdaq' but nobody did because there was no liquidity there to bet against.

This
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 44 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: