blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 04:58:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272627 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  AmayaStars
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 ... 44 Go Down Print
Author Topic: AmayaStars  (Read 148482 times)
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #510 on: June 23, 2016, 04:23:37 PM »

I think this only applies if I switch my gb pounds to us dollars inside my account  (intra not inter?).  Right now I am getting quoted 1.42 if I do this rather than 1.48 which is the xe rate.  I think I am fine if I play tournaments though I might be wrong.  

edit.  just joined a $100 tournament and left and the transactions were both at 1.48.  Hence they don't 4% vig you for playing a tournament.  
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 04:26:40 PM by Doobs » Logged

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Ledders

View Profile
« Reply #511 on: June 24, 2016, 06:07:47 AM »

This probably seems extremely reasonable in hindsight.
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #512 on: June 24, 2016, 06:12:28 AM »

This probably seems extremely reasonable in hindsight.

Their exchange rate is dynamic.

It moves as the market moves, they will surely have a trading mechanism which means they could dump sterling when necessary.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #513 on: June 24, 2016, 08:25:05 AM »

Seems like a reasonable business decision. Always other places to go and play poker instead if you don't like it.

It isn't a reasonable business decision.  They are a big company with huge daily foreign currency transaction both ways, and can surely deal in seconds at near mid market rates if there is an imbalance in their currency flows.    The 4% is just monopoly profiteering from those who don't realise there is little justification for it.

I think (hope?!) Adam was joking.

As much of a joke it was, it seems much more reasonable than the SN decision. At least consumers were told about it beforehand and it shouldn't have cost consumers anything in theory. I was also repeatedly told monopoly companies can do whatever they want. Blonde beat the sense of outrage I had out of me.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #514 on: June 24, 2016, 04:00:07 PM »

It's a nice thing to be able to run a business and take 0 risks against external danger to your business.

If I could do it I would.

P.S I'm assuming they are trying to dissuade people from transferring currencies in the short term rather than profit from it long term?

redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #515 on: December 01, 2016, 07:48:58 PM »

I see the latest whizz is to have rentry in the 2-7 NLSD MTT PKO events, not milking us enough?

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #516 on: December 01, 2016, 09:08:47 PM »

I mean to be fair, these fields are pretty small and there aren't many Single Draw tournaments every day, so if you are playing these you might like another shot if you bust. Seems like one of the better candidates for a re-entry tournament imo... I do wish they weren't PSKO though, but there you go...

I see the latest whizz is to have rentry in the 2-7 NLSD MTT PKO events, not milking us enough?
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #517 on: February 02, 2017, 04:10:36 PM »

Stars have cut the max stake on O8 6 max hypers to $30.  They ran up to 500 before.  I have played 200s and 300s.  60s and 100s used to run fairly infrequently, but there seemd little ned to cut them.  People get fleeced far quicker in heads up and cash.

FWIW The highest turbo is now $7.

Pretty irritated by this, as there is a whole bunch of stuff I lose at that has been retained and these were one of the few games I could still beat.  In addition they didn't seem to be targetted by any big training groups with their lovely software.

I think there was just one player who made 5 figures last year.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #518 on: July 02, 2017, 10:49:15 PM »

Sigh

Logged in just now to find my rewards have been reset for the month (I was on supernova).  Guessing that means chests are in force for the UK right now and supernova has gone. 

Come on Party, please introduce a load more O8 tournaments and lots of tournaments that finish at a reasonable hour on a school night.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #519 on: July 03, 2017, 12:51:27 AM »

Sigh

Logged in just now to find my rewards have been reset for the month (I was on supernova).  Guessing that means chests are in force for the UK right now and supernova has gone. 

Come on Party, please introduce a load more O8 tournaments and lots of tournaments that finish at a reasonable hour on a school night.

meh, no idea what is going on.  I think the target has been reset at the start of the month when it isn't normally if you are supernova.  Though can't be absolutely sure I was near the top of the 2500 target as I have been away a while.  Has this happened to anyone else or am I imagining it?

titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #520 on: July 03, 2017, 11:08:15 AM »

Sigh

meh, no idea what is going on.  I think the target has been reset at the start of the month when it isn't normally if you are supernova.  Though can't be absolutely sure I was near the top of the 2500 target as I have been away a while.  Has this happened to anyone else or am I imagining it?

supernova is now monthly until they phase it out and bring in an appalling replacement 

more rake is better Smiley

also powerup poker looks stupid and another rake money grab yay !!
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #521 on: July 03, 2017, 11:21:04 AM »

There was no hand for hand in the 50 seat Barcelona guarantee last night. With 51 left my friend busted two seconds after someone else did. My friend had a bigger stack, but the other guy got the seat. Meh
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #522 on: July 03, 2017, 01:11:44 PM »

you guys miss the point.

If more money gets taken from the players and less money gets given back to the players, then everyone benefits and makes more money!

That's right. EVERYONE.

rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #523 on: July 03, 2017, 07:21:09 PM »

There was no hand for hand in the 50 seat Barcelona guarantee last night. With 51 left my friend busted two seconds after someone else did. My friend had a bigger stack, but the other guy got the seat. Meh

h4h from 53 left? Guy who bust had 1500 chips at the time? Did he message support?

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #524 on: July 03, 2017, 08:35:03 PM »

h4h from 53 left? Guy who bust had 1500 chips at the time? Did he message support?

Yes he contacted support but it is over email so I guess it takes a while. I wasn't railing, this is just what he told me.

It is weird as in the lobby in the client as everyone who won is in first place except for one guy who is listed in 50th (who also won), and he is also not listed alphabetically like all the other winners, then my friend in 51st - so this seems like a glitch for sure and something is amiss as I haven't ever seen this before, usually everyone is equal first. Perhaps it went into h4h but then h4h stopped on the actual bubble?
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 ... 44 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: