blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 10:18:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272574 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Trigg-ering the memories.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Trigg-ering the memories.  (Read 7156 times)
lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 03, 2014, 10:47:52 AM »

wow really humbled to hear great players i respect compliment me. feels really good, thanks guys. kinda got deep in the stars tlb this year without trying, have fluked about 3 or 4 hot 16 wins, hot 55 win hot 75 win and a few other large field luckfests. Since i have a shot to get a decent possy in the the table ive really changed my schedule around and cut out a lot of the marginal +ev/breakeven/-ev stuff and added a boatload of small buyin huge field turbos which the leader board rewards a lot more than say a 265ko win. still got 2 months of grind but have to say its really demoralising busting a lot of tournaments within a short space of time throughout the day and the main reason i have avoided most turbos throughout the year. the intangible bad morale that busting a load of turbos can cause is probably underestimated by the whole community. So basically cut out all the euro sites midweek and just have the stars tlb calculator at the ready constantly bashing in numbers to deem if a tourney is worthwhile playing. My dad has just come out of hospital with a pretty bad case of pneumonia so hoping to get a placing in the tlb high enough so that i can treat him to a fortnight in the bahamas for the pca. last time we were there in 2011 a hillarious thing happened. We had about $500 between us in the whole world, we just had the $2k on the room card which was part of the pokerstars package. So we arrive first night and i decide to go for a chinese with the lads, while my dad decides to go with moorman and his american mates to a bar and grilll. Fast forward i lose 10 way flip for $800 and my dad has somehow mustered up the courage (been coerced) to flip also and he loses for $900 (both 10 way flips) so we are left with buttons for the next 13 days lol

Holy shit that's amazing. Gotta love that degeneracy has gotta be a little bit genetic.

I think saying that Trigg ran shite before this year is pissing on his bonfire a little. You don't lose that many buyins playing like he does now, he was obviously making many mistakes. Undoubtedly, he has turned that around and seems to play his A game so often now. Pretty amazing to gain so much respect in a 10 month bracket but Trigg deserves it. Well done mate.

<3 ENSUING
stato_1 said, "banoffee pie i reckon"
stato_1 said, "this is delicious"
dreenie

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 03, 2014, 11:01:38 AM »

I love trigger,  think he's great at poker and nice chap. However I'm still waiting for him to take me out ?! :/
alfiesdad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: November 03, 2014, 04:02:38 PM »

Sat on his left at EPT London recently and confirmed pain in the arse to play against.
Congrats on recent run to get out of it.

When you hear about great players like Trigg going 200k down in make up, makes you realise just how hard it is to make money at poker nowadays.

Twitter - @leeavy
littlemissC

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 07, 2014, 08:01:20 AM »

Such a good guy, one of my favourite people I've met playing poker.

That first picture reminds me, that weekend me and Maria were picking Trigg up at the station and drove straight past him lol. The haircut was so drastic at the time we didn't even recognise him....good times
Eck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: November 16, 2014, 01:28:42 AM »

He is also a cracking film critic, watched some great films due to his rambling on facebook. ty

Good Luck tomorrow man!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: