blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:37:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  EPT Sat hand
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: EPT Sat hand  (Read 3367 times)
scotty77

View Profile
« on: November 24, 2014, 02:53:59 AM »

EPT Prague sat.  3 seats and 700e expenses.  4th gets 400.

We are 4 handed. Blinds 1600/3200

UTG 85k
BTN 170k
SB 210k
BB 70k

Folds to SB and he puts us all in.  What are we calling with here.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2014, 03:44:08 AM »

jj/qq/kk/aa for me in that spot.
hatthehole

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2014, 03:57:00 AM »

sb can jam atc here, if he is, 99 is a very marginal call
Rupert
:)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2014, 02:47:21 PM »

Depends who SB is but if it's any competent reg they are jamming ATC, Nash calling range is 88+

http://imgur.com/eqxUZ7S

hatthehole

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2014, 03:21:55 PM »

ye rupert's right. computers are useless if the bloke typing the numbers in is an idiot!
Oxford_HRV

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2014, 12:25:20 PM »

Id hate to make such a marginal call here with 88s in game and lose but say its fine cus its microscopically +ev, do we think we gain enough of a significant advantage??

The game is deep enough to warrant a very tight calling range, if we call and win its still 85k 170k 140k 140k which doesnt even put us close in gtd us a seat.

To win at poker is to not have to play
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2014, 12:52:14 PM »

I agree with Oxford, think we're still fairly deep and depending on the players who are left, I might be tempted to fold 88 and possibly even 99 if there were some proper punters left.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2014, 01:04:21 PM »

Would a competent reg jam the top of his range here ?
Oxford_HRV

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2014, 01:20:25 PM »

If he isnt jammin JJ+ AK imo its still really thin for me to be calling off 22bbs with 88-99
we still have more equity with TTs vs ATC than with 88-99 vs ATC minus JJ+ AK

Rupert

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2014, 02:32:44 PM »

If he isnt jammin JJ+ AK imo its still really thin for me to be calling off 22bbs with 88-99

He should be jamming everything. He doesn't want to be called. AA has EV (of jamming for 210k stack) +0.32, 32o has EV +0.17. It's basically the same hand. If you aren't calling nash and the other players are playing a push/fold game, you are being exploited. If you have a r/c and r/f range that's say TT+ AQ+ and A2s-A5s (and then you jam everything else), the big stack can jam 15% on you and you can only call KK+ (and you lose a ton of the chips most of the time). Basically, you don't want to be all in and called at this stage so the best solution is to go all in and try to steal the blinds so you don't just blind out. If anyone is deviating from an allin/fold strategy then it's possible you can exploit them. Also if someone is calling wider than nash you can exploit them and definitely play the waiting game a bit more. But when in doubt, normal game should be game theory based.

"Folding to a seat" is pretty much an archaic way of thinking in the tough EPT sats these days. Satellites are really dumb. Go all in lots even if it's for what seems like heaps of big blinds.

Oxford_HRV

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2014, 03:06:50 PM »

I was under the assumption that this was a bvb jam and the game hadnt gone into allin/fold strategy. I am completely unaware of ept sattys playing this way with heaps of bbs.
Would you imply that any good reg filled high stakes sattys are push fold games when near seat bubbles nearly regardless of stack depths? And would you call with 88s IRL?

Rupert

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2014, 03:27:24 PM »

A lot of regs don't play the push/fold game. Yes I'd call 88

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2014, 04:36:51 PM »

He should be jamming everything. He doesn't want to be called. AA has EV (of jamming for 210k stack) +0.32, 32o has EV +0.17. It's basically the same hand. If you aren't calling nash and the other players are playing a push/fold game, you are being exploited. If you have a r/c and r/f range that's say TT+ AQ+ and A2s-A5s (and then you jam everything else), the big stack can jam 15% on you and you can only call KK+ (and you lose a ton of the chips most of the time). Basically, you don't want to be all in and called at this stage so the best solution is to go all in and try to steal the blinds so you don't just blind out. If anyone is deviating from an allin/fold strategy then it's possible you can exploit them. Also if someone is calling wider than nash you can exploit them and definitely play the waiting game a bit more. But when in doubt, normal game should be game theory based.

"Folding to a seat" is pretty much an archaic way of thinking in the tough EPT sats these days. Satellites are really dumb. Go all in lots even if it's for what seems like heaps of big blinds.

Yerp.

I was thinking of having much narrower r/c r/f ranges so QQ+ for r/c range and balance accordingly.

Not looked into Sat strategy very much though.

Confirmed surprised at "AA has EV (of jamming for 210k stack) +0.32, 32o has EV +0.17".
Rupert

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2014, 04:49:44 PM »

think that EV is % of prize pool not chips. If you are just raising QQ+ then it's pretty easy to adjust to

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2014, 04:58:54 PM »

think that EV is % of prize pool not chips. If you are just raising QQ+ then it's pretty easy to adjust to

This is true, I don't play EPT sats although I'm aware they are meant to be pretty tough, I'm just assuming hands aren't going to showdown often at this stage so people wouldn't have such solid reads on ranges but since the player pools are pretty small and reg infested agree this probs isn't best long term strat.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: