blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 04:47:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  EPT Sat hand
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: EPT Sat hand  (Read 3368 times)
dreenie

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2014, 12:33:16 AM »

Id hate to make such a marginal call here with 88s in game and lose but say its fine cus its microscopically +ev, do we think we gain enough of a significant advantage??

The game is deep enough to warrant a very tight calling range, if we call and win its still 85k 170k 140k 140k which doesnt even put us close in gtd us a seat.

I strongly agree with this and think you should be taking this info into account when in this spot. I don't think it makes any major difference if we call here and win the pot whether we are gtd a seat. Think if you have other players in game that you can steal from, then I'd be calling a really tight range. Obv if there are 3 super stars then yeah might gamble in this spot.

Just feel you are not gtd to win a seat and yes you probably ahead with a lot of your 88/99+ A10+ etc, but I would rather be jamming than calling it off.

I was railing, so know the op hand, I think it's close, and tbh I don't think these EPT sat's are that tough, lot's of lot's of splashers in them, bar the 530 imo.
scotty77

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2014, 02:09:58 AM »

Cheers for this.

Looks like I made a huge mistake here.

I tank called w AJ and he has AK.  K flop GG.

Sat strategy at this point had never been something that I've looked into as pretty much whenever I've been in a situation like this I've always had a huge CL and cruised thru or just got the seat so yeah this EPT bubble was the first time it's ever hurt.

The Nash stuff is really interesting so glad I made this post,
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2014, 02:23:10 AM »

Cheers for this.

Looks like I made a huge mistake here.

I tank called w AJ and he has AK.  K flop GG.

Sat strategy at this point had never been something that I've looked into as pretty much whenever I've been in a situation like this I've always had a huge CL and cruised thru or just got the seat so yeah this EPT bubble was the first time it's ever hurt.

The Nash stuff is really interesting so glad I made this post,

Thing about ax in a sat like this is you can never be better than 2/5 fav calling (73%).  Against atc shoving range you can quite often only be 65/35 with ax.  That's why i took ak out of my range of calling hands.  Getting it in last in this spot i really have to feel i am probably 80% minimum this deep.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: