blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:39:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Tough spot AK £1k 8-max
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tough spot AK £1k 8-max  (Read 1180 times)
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« on: November 26, 2014, 11:25:33 AM »

22 left with 11 paid (not really a consideration given our stack) in DTD WPT £1k 8-max

Blinds are 2.5k/5k(500). We have 105k. We open UTG 7 handed to 10k. UTG+1 peels from ~200-250k. We see a flop of .

Here's the first decision: Bet or check; and what's our plan?

I opted to check; villain bets 13k. we call.

Turn is .

We check, he bets 25k. We hate life.

A little bit of info. The guy is oldish, new to the table, probs played 1-2 orbits. The only hand of note I've seen him play was a hand vs Wadey where they got absolutely chunks in on a board that was something like Js7c6s8d3c after villain peeled the BB preflop vs Wadey UTG. Unfortunately I'm not 100% on the details of the hand as TomSom has chosen this moment to bust the £500 comp and come and come and tell me about it Smiley. Villain definitely check raised a street, chunky bets went in on every street, and villain ended up folding river to Wadey's bomb, and Wadey proudly showed KTos which was stone air.

When villain peeled pre-flop, he peeled very quickly in such a way that I don't think he considered 3-betting.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
Pinchop73

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2014, 01:50:42 PM »

I want to b/c flop as shallow as we are

Checking flop vs lots of opponents def has value but would prefer to do so deeper

probs not c/c and c/jamming the top of my range, although would and do take this line with weaker parts of my range vs overly aggresive opponents
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 01:54:28 PM by Pinchop73 » Logged

First they came for the nits, and I did not speak out because I was not a nit
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2014, 03:20:53 PM »

Would prefer to cbet flop for value. I don't think this sort of texture is right to put AK into c/call, risk giving a free card away or leave us guessing on unfavourable turns. We're probably going to have enough weaker hands/draws in our cbet range that i'd prefer AK to be a part of it too.

As played with this line i think you've pretty much got to call again and evaluate river. We've widened our opponents range and i think our hand is pretty much one of the best we can hold in this spot? Hopefully it goes check check and we win, or we can find the soulread if faced with a river jam.
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2014, 03:53:30 PM »

ugh, horrible, can see merits to everything
Rupert
:)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2014, 04:55:32 PM »

with read on villain would cbet, vs someone who's definitely good x/c x/c x/decide seems good

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: