blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:39:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  walking along, singing a song
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: walking along, singing a song  (Read 95165 times)
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2014, 03:44:56 AM »

started HU he had a 2-1 chip lead slow got back to level offered him an even chop as i want to goto bed

he declined i got a KFC and a 44$ boost to roll

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2014, 10:49:05 AM »

Heads UP with monkey matt674 brings back memories

Now there's a blast from the blondepoker past!!
pokerplayingfarmer

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2014, 12:55:42 PM »

Good luck with this iron, hope it goes well.  Fwiw I do the same with the tv, 3-5 tabling mtts I find I generally play more solidly with something I'm half interested in on the tele, like you say it does tend to help stop getting involved in hands you shouldn't.

I've never got it.....ever
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2014, 05:55:31 PM »

again didnt get in as many as i thought i would with the scheduled events hogging my attention

i will make a FT on one of these progressives one day i so much prefer them to straight up freezeouts

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2014, 06:34:22 PM »

my plans for a night out in inverness tonight have just fallen through so going to play some poker

need to play around 450 more comps before the end of the year to get a $50 vip bonus which would be very nice

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2014, 07:14:28 PM »

the complexities of being a cripple, had only just started a session when i accidentally split a can of a well know fizzy drink over my lap, not a problem in the real world, but said drink can have a sticky effect and if allowed to dry pull the skin away when taking off the trousers. as i didnt just want to blind out while i took a 45 minute or so break to get in  the shower and dressed again i went full clothed into the shower for a minute or 2 to make sure no fizzy drink was still stuck on my skin then wound down the games (no cashes in those 5 so i might have well or just blinded out) while soaking wet, jumped in shower got changed and dressed and off to play some more

I don't want to sound crass, but I find these nuts and bolts aspects of your every day life fascinating. Like you say, we able bodied types wouldn't give spilling a drink a second though, but for you it's a whole new ball game

Keep on truckin' Iron. Raymond Burr would be proud of you.

The older I get, the better I was.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2014, 09:29:34 PM »

the complexities of being a cripple, had only just started a session when i accidentally split a can of a well know fizzy drink over my lap, not a problem in the real world, but said drink can have a sticky effect and if allowed to dry pull the skin away when taking off the trousers. as i didnt just want to blind out while i took a 45 minute or so break to get in  the shower and dressed again i went full clothed into the shower for a minute or 2 to make sure no fizzy drink was still stuck on my skin then wound down the games (no cashes in those 5 so i might have well or just blinded out) while soaking wet, jumped in shower got changed and dressed and off to play some more

I don't want to sound crass, but I find these nuts and bolts aspects of your every day life fascinating. Like you say, we able bodied types wouldn't give spilling a drink a second though, but for you it's a whole new ball game

keeping the skin healthy is a massive task for paraplegics, as we cant feel when we have injured ourselves we dont know about it, if its in an area that pressure goes through we could be on bed rest for months at a time. as a diabetic any injury i get takes longer than a normal paraplegic to heel.

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2014, 10:08:41 PM »

doom switch is well and truely in place today nearly $100 in buy ins so fat and 1 min cash to show for it

guys are lining up to take pot shots at me with NE2 cards and getting there

first hand in 1 KO i got it all it with AA<66<qq<Q6o all in preflop queen 6 hits a 4 flush

dont get me wrong i am sucking out in some hands today but its with 20-40 players left

but as soon as i get to where it matters i am losing every meaningful hand

good news is i am catching up with the games played and i am not on tilt yet

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2014, 05:55:09 AM »

wow an incredible night of downswong

i was running so bad i thought i had lost all 4 wheels on my chair

the 45 mans dried up around 2am so played a few NLO8 6 man hypers only around half dozen

finished down $130 for the night back in the saddle tomorrow going to use fpp's to buy into the big 11 and storm
hopefully i cant run as bad 2 sundays or 2 nights on the trott but we will see
will get my sharkscopes in the morning when all the games have finish

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2014, 08:48:35 AM »

Same here, Iron.

I just can't read "poker poker poker" Diaries, but I like to read about the human side.

I'm particularly interested in "mindset" when things are going extremely well, or badly. Even for those of us who play relatively small-ball, it can be quite a challenge when we have a bit of a downswong.

I recently did a challenge to turn £200 into £1,200, which took me ages, but a chap said to me when I started "make sure you update the Diary even on bad losing days". And the truth is, when I had a few bad days in a row, I DID find it hard, embarrassing even, to Update my numbers. On winning nights, easy-peasy, could not wait to do the Update. Our minds are peculiar things.

You still enjoying your poker us much as ever? More, less?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2014, 06:13:59 PM »

loved the poker this last week and even on the nights when i feel i was running terrible
would be quite a boring read with just daily updates of poker unless people join in can ask
me anything really

weather is turning a bit nasty up here in "norway" and with me giving up smoking really no reason for me to leave
my dungeon till the spring so going to be grinding most of the days if i need a break i will play
something like FM15 or cycling manager or total war
infact looking forward to elite being released this month
also go myself into the NFL thanks to the blonde fantasy league "GO EAGLES"

back to yesterdays poker cashed in 2 $10 VIP bonuses last night for meeting VPP landmarks i didnt know i had
not far away from a $50 bonus so should clear that before end of month

if i am going to be playing after 2am i am going to have to add the off hyper 6 man nlo8 into the schedule
but it looks like 2am is going to have to be a time i am closing down unless i am still in a scheduled game

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2014, 08:06:41 PM »

Iron. I don't understand all those graphs and charts. They make my eyes glaze over.

Are you winning or losing and how much?

The older I get, the better I was.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2014, 10:50:03 PM »

i was up 87$ at start of play yesterday and end of play yesterday i am down $42

just bust the storn had 2x average stack and couldnt let go of KK on a 9 high flop against a guy i had slightly covered

he obviously was attached to his pocket 99 going to take a break and watch the eagles game
after i finish the current games as i felt my neighbours cat about to get kicked

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2014, 12:31:59 AM »

gonna start playing again

dispite the near kicking the cat there was 53$ more in my account when i stopped playing

ok $22 came from the 2 tickets i bought for the bigger and the storm

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2014, 04:14:39 AM »

right thats enough for tonight roll has about 40$ more than when i started tonight

but seeing a flop 3 handed with QQ getting it all in on a Q55 flop V KQ and 55 in a KO

then AQ<QJ  on the bubble in a 45man leaving me with less than a big blind left and in the SB
added to my woes tonight lost count of the times i shoved from LP or SB into a BB with KK or AA

made a profit on the night but it was the least fun night of the last cpl of weeks maybe it was because the eagles lost

hopefully feel refreshed tomorrow to play or will take a night of and play some games

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 25 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: