blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 09:20:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272592 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Scottish Football Betting & General Discussion Thread (Open to All)
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 ... 30 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Scottish Football Betting & General Discussion Thread (Open to All)  (Read 87474 times)
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: November 21, 2015, 11:24:39 PM »

you spend your whole career as a journeyman pro travelling to far flung places such as Azerbaijan and Brighton to play your home games you make one mistake and its gets tweeted round the world and added to your wiki

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34890393

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graeme_Smith_(footballer,_born_1983)

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: December 08, 2015, 01:08:28 AM »

revamped league cup sounds exciting
80 group games over 2 weeks 6 shown live on BTsport
then last 16 knock out format as currently but 7 games being shown on tv

also bringing back a winter break in january

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35031970

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 20, 2016, 06:52:16 PM »

wow brendan rodgers to celtic

thats a huge statement by the celtic board

Teacake

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 20, 2016, 06:56:35 PM »

wow brendan rodgers to celtic

thats a huge statement by the celtic board

It is, I'm amazed they managed to pull it off, delighted with that appointment.
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 20, 2016, 07:10:14 PM »

First scheduled game vs Leicester. Tighty better get tickets from Leicester...

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: May 20, 2016, 07:11:38 PM »

all tickets for that one being sold through the tournament organisers website

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 20, 2016, 07:19:33 PM »

Scando was a cheap option whilst the league was a 1.01 shot every season.  Now Rangers are back it is back to big time spending in order to stay ahead at Celtic.  Great signing for the club.  Wonder which players will come in?  Super Mario might be on his way!
Teacake

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 20, 2016, 07:38:39 PM »

"Rangers" can't spend big, they don't have the money. We are on a different level from them in terms of finances and structure and we will only spend about £15m total between fees and wages in the summer.
The only reason we got near Moyes and ultimately Rodgers is because of their affinity with the club at a time when both of their stocks had taken a dip. 2 seasons ago and they aren't even in the conversation.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 21, 2016, 06:04:47 PM »

Great pitch invasion.  Scots do it as well as anyone.  Great game to watch.
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 21, 2016, 06:55:18 PM »

Absolutely cracking game.  Delighted for Hibs.  They have waited a long time for that. 

The Loaf Man is going to need a new hat for next season and it better have more magic powers. 

I'm not sure Brendan is the correct choice for Celtic for what it's worth.  But it does show a level of ambition/intent not shown since Desmond brought n O'Neill.  Pretty sure Rogers hasn't taken the job without a promise of a decent transfer kitty.  I wonder who he will bring as his number 2.  I'd hope it was someone with a good understanding of Scottish football as that will be important.
Teacake

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 21, 2016, 07:13:41 PM »

Yeah that was a cracking game with the better team undoubtedly winning. Chuffed for the Hibs fans they have had deal with some amount of disappointment over the years.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 22, 2016, 07:46:35 PM »

In Edinburgh this weekend visiting my missus who lives here.  Was reading an interesting article about Rodger's being appointed in it today.  No idea of their club loyalty as a paper so i might be reading it unaware 'Scotland on Sunday'. Leftie paper?  Looked more independent style to me from reading it cover to cover. Had some good articles on numerous areas included politics/sport (interesting article on why Murray dropped the coach).

They said Desmond has gone shit or bust financially to get a top top gaffer because he was really fucked off with Rangers' reaction in the directors box in the semi final this year when the Rangers directors behaved in a very unprofessional manner towards the Celtic directors when they got through to the final after he had been very professional towards Rangers in 2012 when they went busto and said Rangers were a huge British club and Celtic needed them for the good of Scottish football and wanted them back asap.  Sounded like he was determined to make sure he does everything in his power to stop Rangers thinking they will ever catch up with Celtic in the short and medium term and really put them in their place.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 07:56:45 PM by arbboy » Logged
Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 22, 2016, 08:54:52 PM »

In Edinburgh this weekend visiting my missus who lives here.  Was reading an interesting article about Rodger's being appointed in it today.  No idea of their club loyalty as a paper so i might be reading it unaware 'Scotland on Sunday'. Leftie paper?  Looked more independent style to me from reading it cover to cover. Had some good articles on numerous areas included politics/sport (interesting article on why Murray dropped the coach).

They said Desmond has gone shit or bust financially to get a top top gaffer because he was really fucked off with Rangers' reaction in the directors box in the semi final this year when the Rangers directors behaved in a very unprofessional manner towards the Celtic directors when they got through to the final after he had been very professional towards Rangers in 2012 when they went busto and said Rangers were a huge British club and Celtic needed them for the good of Scottish football and wanted them back asap.  Sounded like he was determined to make sure he does everything in his power to stop Rangers thinking they will ever catch up with Celtic in the short and medium term and really put them in their place.

If he said this he is hilariously kidding himself on.  When we were relegated they immediately put up big banners at Celtic park taking a dig at Rangers.  There was a vote of the SPL clubs also to allow Rangers to go back into the premier league which they voted against, which goes against their need to have Rangers there for the good of scottish football.

Ya gotta crawl before ya ball!
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: May 22, 2016, 09:03:39 PM »

If he said this he is hilariously kidding himself on.  When we were relegated they immediately put up big banners at Celtic park taking a dig at Rangers.  There was a vote of the SPL clubs also to allow Rangers to go back into the premier league which they voted against, which goes against their need to have Rangers there for the good of scottish football.

You know way more than me boba i am just reporting what the article said today.  Just thought i would ask the scottish lads on here what they thought of it.
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 22, 2016, 10:19:45 PM »

The banners weren't put up by Desmond. It wasn't Desmond that voted. Desmond did say, or is at least quoted as saying that rangers are a big club and hoped they would be back ASAP.

The appointment of someone like Rodgers was always going to happen IMO. It made perfect sense to 'get by' til the financial and competitive challenge of Rangers returning to the league happened. I believe if Rangers were promoted last season, deila would have been out the door at the first opportunity the board could get, which obv would have been failure in the champions league qualifiers.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 ... 30 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: