blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:10:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Scottish Football Betting & General Discussion Thread (Open to All)
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Scottish Football Betting & General Discussion Thread (Open to All)  (Read 86027 times)
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #360 on: July 21, 2017, 01:06:36 PM »

Of course Aberdeen are favourites without Celtic, they are miles ahead.  Pedro has wasted more cash than they have and they have mortgaged the ticket sales and no doubt Euro income to get the upfront money to sign the likes of Dorans.  Half the players they have signed wont cope in the SPL. 

Hibs at 20/1 might be worth a poke but its a big ask for them to finish ahead of Aberdeen/rangers/Hearts and probably even St Johnston on the first season Back in SPL
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: July 21, 2017, 02:42:49 PM »

Of course Aberdeen are favourites without Celtic, they are miles ahead.  Pedro has wasted more cash than they have and they have mortgaged the ticket sales and no doubt Euro income to get the upfront money to sign the likes of Dorans.  Half the players they have signed wont cope in the SPL. 

Hibs at 20/1 might be worth a poke but its a big ask for them to finish ahead of Aberdeen/rangers/Hearts and probably even St Johnston on the first season Back in SPL

This, also I wouldn't want to make the mistake I did last season, thinking Rangers would get a good start and the odds on Aberdeen would move out.

I don't see Rangers making a decent start (going by performances they're in real trouble) - Tempted on betting the manager to be mutual consented in the week after the Celtic game at Ibrox.

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #362 on: August 06, 2017, 01:51:49 PM »

Celtic played really well yesterday but they are still not palying at a 100%. 

Could easily have scored many more than we did yesterday. 

Watching the The Rangers game right now and you would have thought they had won the league by the celebrations when they scored. 

I actually backed them at 4/5 as I think Motherwell are utter garbage and likely relegation fodder when they lose Moult.  They were 8/15 at kick off so more than happy with my 4/5 I got during the week.   
ForthThistle

View Profile
« Reply #363 on: August 07, 2017, 06:46:51 PM »

Watching the The Rangers game right now and you would have thought they had won the league by the celebrations when they scored. 

I actually backed them at 4/5 as I think Motherwell are utter garbage and likely relegation fodder when they lose Moult.  They were 8/15 at kick off so more than happy with my 4/5 I got during the week.   
You still think Motherwell are Relegation fodder. The refereeing decisions yesterday were diabolical.

APAT NLHE Southern European Champion 2010
Take on Tikay February League Winner 2011

Rastafish throws himself headfirst into the railbirds, arms outstretched but the sea of bodies parts and Rastafish misses and crashes through the barrier on all fours.
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: August 08, 2017, 07:09:26 PM »

You still think Motherwell are Relegation fodder. The refereeing decisions yesterday were diabolical.

That handball you never got was terrible. 

I think when Moult leaves, which he will you will struggle badly.  Although on yesterdays performance if that is consistent you will survive the league.   

Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #365 on: August 09, 2017, 05:31:54 AM »

That handball you never got was terrible. 

I think when Moult leaves, which he will you will struggle badly.  Although on yesterdays performance if that is consistent you will survive the league.   

Cup final for Motherwell, they wont play as good in the coming weeks

Ya gotta crawl before ya ball!
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: August 26, 2017, 06:47:22 PM »

wow making the most of this don't  expect to be there long

BUT ................................................................

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Teacake

View Profile
« Reply #367 on: August 28, 2017, 06:54:17 PM »

Paddy Roberts back at Celtic for another season 

Craig Levein new (kind of) Hearts manager  Cheesy
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #368 on: December 07, 2017, 06:40:08 PM »

McInnes staying up north huge for the Dons
at the weekend he was 1.05 to be rangers next manager
hopefully now the speculation is over we can get back on track stop losing ground on Celtic
i don't think we can close the gap

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41916201

PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #369 on: December 07, 2017, 11:40:26 PM »

So much gold in one statement.  Jimbo Traynor is seething hard.

Rangers Club Statement:

THERE has been a great deal of media speculation regarding the appointment of a new manager. We assure all supporters that they will be the first to know when we are certain we have someone with the correct qualities required by our club.

The Chairman made it clear at the AGM that the club did not consider there to be an outstanding candidate among those who had applied for the position and the club was therefore considering managers currently under contract. This requires permission from their present clubs.

The position of Rangers manager requires an ability to win football matches and the mentality to cope with the demanding off-pitch environment that goes with being the Rangers manager. This is a critical aspect of our assessment of any candidate during the interview process.

After the two games against Aberdeen, we requested permission to engage with their manager to assess his readiness and willingness to consider the Rangers position. This was declined. We were subsequently made aware by Aberdeen’s statement that, at this stage in his career, it would be best for him to remain in his current post. We endorse that position because moving to a massive club like Rangers is a big step with concomitant risk. We continue to consider candidates but will only appoint someone in whom we have full confidence and who feels he is ready for the job.

In the meantime, we have great confidence in Graeme Murty, who will continue as interim manager at least until the end of the year. The manner in which he has approached this task is a credit to himself and the club.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #370 on: December 08, 2017, 11:54:51 AM »

servco: can i have a look at your menu please
5* Michelin chef:  sorry we don't have any tables free today
servco: that's ok we didn't want to eat in your shitty restaurant anyway

Teacake

View Profile
« Reply #371 on: December 08, 2017, 06:16:20 PM »

Concomitant  Cheesy

I don't think I ever posted it on this board so it's probably considered bad form but I backed Murty for next manager when Pedro got resigned for a bit of fun and knowing what a shambles the Zombs are there was always the potential for him to get the 10 games required. Win or lose I don't think I've ever enjoyed a bet as much.
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #372 on: December 08, 2017, 07:41:33 PM »

The hurt and the bile coming from Ibrox is amusing me so much. 

I done a mortgage for a chap recently and I was speaking to him today about a potential Buy To Let purchase and he's ITK about the goings on in Govan/Scottish Football and he told me the story was McInnes wanted to see the books at Dave King said gtfo.  McInnes might be a lot of things but he isn't stupid and he told him without that access he couldn't take over the team. 

All is not well. 
engy

View Profile
« Reply #373 on: December 08, 2017, 09:36:40 PM »

All is not well in Scottish football full stop imo
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #374 on: December 09, 2017, 12:10:32 AM »

All is not well in Scottish football full stop imo

Really?
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 Go Up Print 
« previous next »