blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:04:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Scottish Football Betting & General Discussion Thread (Open to All)
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Scottish Football Betting & General Discussion Thread (Open to All)  (Read 86022 times)
Teacake

View Profile
« Reply #420 on: August 14, 2018, 10:39:09 PM »

Poor Night for Scottish Football.

So Boyata wants to move Teams place bids Celtic cant let him go because the dont have a replacement for the Champions League.

Celtic play CL and Boyata who's fit sits at home in Glasgow.

The mind Boggles.

Celtic Board should be ashamed of themselves.

For balance, Boyota is adamant that he is injured.

Not being 100% fit and being injured are not the same thing.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #421 on: July 25, 2019, 01:09:28 PM »

ok anyone got any views on rangers this season?

i don't think they are anywhere near ready to challenge Celtic
Aberdeen have been rebuilding over the summer quietly in the background
and i think they will push Rangers close for 2nd spot

10-1 for aberdeen to win the league without celtic i think is huge as is the price of most of he teams

as they have rangers as short as 1/14 1/16 in places anyone got a view on this ?

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #422 on: July 25, 2019, 01:38:37 PM »

Rangers have improved significantly more than aberdeen have.

1. celtic
2. rangers
3. aberdeen

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #423 on: July 25, 2019, 01:40:55 PM »

The gap bettween Rangers and Celtic will be smaller than Rangers and Aberdeen.   
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #424 on: July 25, 2019, 01:46:17 PM »

Great bet Iron. Ladbrokes were tweeting that 91% of their bets to win the league were on Rangers, but backed off quickly when asked if Celtic would be better odds then. They still have Celtic 2/5, Rangers 2/1, Aberdeen 33/1 - so the daft money on 'resurgent Rangers' is giving an odds boost to Aberdeen.

Add in a multi-million damages claim to be sorted with Mike Ashley, potentially a further one from Elite/Hummel for having to break the deal signed with them which Ashley sued over, legal costs etc & Rangers are sailing close to another insolvency event. Candeias who was decent for them was sold at a loss & if they can sell more I expect it to happen. They talk of Morelos going to England for millions but he doesn't qualify for a work permit under FA rules.

All points at 10-1 being a worthwhile bet, I'd say putting it on Fred would be a good recommendation as well. I'll be putting a few quid on it.

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #425 on: July 25, 2019, 01:54:33 PM »

The gap between Rangers and Celtic will be smaller than Rangers and Aberdeen.   

Still underemployed or would be challenging on that one too - was 11 between Rangers & Aberdeen last season, 9 Celtic & Rangers. That was after a bad season for Celtic with top striker leaving, other main striker signing off with mental issues for months, manager leaving etc etc. Rangers are getting their customary ramping, they are on for 3 in a row as Champions of the Close Season. Press want Gerrard to be successful when he's really not doing very well so news reporting doesn't comment that his record is comparable to the 2 managers before him who both got sacked.

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #426 on: July 25, 2019, 01:56:41 PM »

Rangers have improved significantly more than aberdeen have.

1. celtic
2. rangers
3. aberdeen

i want to see tonight's games to have a better idea but i think Aberdeen will be close if not in front of Rangers at the end of season

The gap bettween Rangers and Celtic will be smaller than Rangers and Aberdeen.   

nah If Celtic put there foot on the gas they will have the league done and dusted before the split i think rangers will get 2nd but its going to be close run thing and 10-1 just seems a little big

Great bet Iron. Ladbrokes were tweeting that 91% of their bets to win the league were on Rangers, but backed off quickly when asked if Celtic would be better odds then. They still have Celtic 2/5, Rangers 2/1, Aberdeen 33/1 - so the daft money on 'resurgent Rangers' is giving an odds boost to Aberdeen.

Add in a multi-million damages claim to be sorted with Mike Ashley, potentially a further one from Elite/Hummel for having to break the deal signed with them which Ashley sued over, legal costs etc & Rangers are sailing close to another insolvency event. Candeias who was decent for them was sold at a loss & if they can sell more I expect it to happen. They talk of Morelos going to England for millions but he doesn't qualify for a work permit under FA rules.

All points at 10-1 being a worthwhile bet, I'd say putting it on Fred would be a good recommendation as well. I'll be putting a few quid on it.

also will Gerard still be at rangers in 10 months time?

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #427 on: July 25, 2019, 02:12:13 PM »

I don't see how tonight's game will give you a better idea. It's just a fact that Rangers have improved massively compared to Aberdeen, regardless of what happens tonight. By that argument you could say the gap is even bigger by looking at the results in the previous round of the Europa league.

Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #428 on: July 25, 2019, 02:19:33 PM »

I don't see how tonight's game will give you a better idea. It's just a fact that Rangers have improved massively compared to Aberdeen, regardless of what happens tonight. By that argument you could say the gap is even bigger by looking at the results in the previous round of the Europa league.

I don't see how they've improved massively. They've done the same scattergun approach of cheap/free signings & won some pre-season friendlies, I'm not buying the hype.

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #429 on: July 25, 2019, 02:24:03 PM »

I don't see how they've improved massively. They've done the same scattergun approach of cheap/free signings & won some pre-season friendlies, I'm not buying the hype.

the players they have brought (albeit on paper) are better than most of the ones they had last year. And they have kept the 'decent' ones they have.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 02:41:54 PM by celtic » Logged

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #430 on: July 25, 2019, 02:27:35 PM »

its the Aberdeen game at 5.45 i want to see should give us a better understanding of the team going forward

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #431 on: December 12, 2019, 05:34:44 PM »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7784937/Scotland-brink-winning-second-Champions-League-place.html

Great news for the Scottish league this is.   Thought it would be due given the strong old firm performances didn't think it would happen this quickly.
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #432 on: December 12, 2019, 08:11:45 PM »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7784937/Scotland-brink-winning-second-Champions-League-place.html

Great news for the Scottish league this is.   Thought it would be due given the strong old firm performances didn't think it would happen this quickly.

Not helped by Celtic playing half a team earlier, but since we'd won the group already resting players was probably worth more to the club.

Getting 2 teams in the qualifiers is a bit of a help, but the 2nd team will have a hard road, it's bad enough in the champions stream.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #433 on: December 12, 2019, 09:55:18 PM »

A mighty sweat for Rangers there last few minutes.
Teacake

View Profile
« Reply #434 on: December 13, 2019, 06:54:35 PM »

The significant downside to this is that we get another Europa League spot which sees the co-efficient divided by 5 rather than 4.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: