blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:58:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Paris horror attack
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 ... 26 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Paris horror attack  (Read 51993 times)
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: January 13, 2015, 07:14:31 PM »

I didn't find them funny either, just looked like a lot of digs at various religions and beliefs.

Probably something to do with 'kinboshi then.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #151 on: January 13, 2015, 08:01:22 PM »

I didn't find them funny either, just looked like a lot of digs at various religions and beliefs.

Nah, I can't draw.

But the idea that you can't mock someone's beliefs is ridiculous. The Life of Brian is one of the funniest films I've ever seen, and if beliefs shouldn't be mocked then that film wouldn't have been made.  If you don't find it funny, that's fine.  Don't watch it.  It certainly doesn't incite violence.  The cartoons didn't incite violence either - remember the murderers killed lots of people who weren't involved in those cartoons being written or published.  I'm assuming the supermarket was targeted because it was Jewish.  To kill people because of their race or religion IS wrong.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 13, 2015, 08:03:40 PM »

The life of Brian was made in the 70's. Things have changed.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 13, 2015, 08:05:20 PM »

To kill people  IS wrong.

FYP

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #154 on: January 13, 2015, 08:08:01 PM »

The life of Brian was made in the 70's. Things have changed.

When it was made people tried to ban it.  It was massively controversial and it mocked a major monotheistic religion.  As far as I know though, no one died due to the making of the film?

Four Lions is a cracking film as well.  Again, I don't think anyone died because of that film either.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #155 on: January 13, 2015, 08:08:30 PM »

Not sure if the police were wrong to kill the terrorists?

The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 13, 2015, 08:09:25 PM »

Nah, I can't draw.

But the idea that you can't mock someone's beliefs is ridiculous. The Life of Brian is one of the funniest films I've ever seen, and if beliefs shouldn't be mocked then that film wouldn't have been made.  If you don't find it funny, that's fine.  Don't watch it.  It certainly doesn't incite violence.  The cartoons didn't incite violence either - remember the murderers killed lots of people who weren't involved in those cartoons being written or published.  I'm assuming the supermarket was targeted because it was Jewish.  To kill people because of their race or religion IS wrong.

But why do it?

If they want to believe a load of fairy stories let them crack on with it.

I still believe I am going to win a poker tournament one day, why crush my dreams?

Only when they attempt to convert people should they be challenged.

Live and let live.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 13, 2015, 08:11:28 PM »

Not sure if the police were wrong to kill the terrorists?

all killing is wrong but sometimes it can't be helped

Soldiers fighting in a war have to kill, the killing is still wrong but people in this world just cant get on and there has to be people willing to protect the innocent
be they soldiers policemen or whom ever

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #158 on: January 13, 2015, 08:12:33 PM »

Nah, I can't draw.

But why do it?

I still believe I am going to win a poker tournament one day, why crush my dreams?

Live and let live.

But I have the right to tell you that you won't win a poker tournament. I might be wrong (hope I am), but doesn't mean you can then be violent against me.

The cartoons don't do much for me either, but neither does opera and people seem to enjoy that.

People didn't have to make the Life of Brian or Four Lions - but I'm glad they did. It was their right to make those films, and if they offend you or your beliefs, then don't watch them and accept you live in a democracy.

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #159 on: January 13, 2015, 08:14:33 PM »

Quote from: The Camel

Live and let live.

What about when they try to terrorise and oppress others? Should they not be challenged then?

The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 13, 2015, 08:15:29 PM »

Nah, I can't draw.

But why do it?

Live and let live.

But I have the right to tell you that you won't win a poker tournament. I might be wrong (hope I am), but doesn't mean you can then be violent against me.

The cartoons don't do much for me either, but neither does opera and people seem to enjoy that.

People didn't have to make the Life of Brian or Four Lions - but I'm glad they did. It was their right to make those films, and if they offend you or your beliefs, then don't watch them and accept you live in a democracy.

Yes you have the right to tell me anything you want.

But why would you want to meake me unhappy?

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #161 on: January 13, 2015, 08:19:37 PM »

Nah, I can't draw.

But why do it?

Live and let live.

I wouldn't Keith, of course!

But were the cartoons meant to make people unhappy?  Was Life of Brian or Four Lions meant to make people unhappy?

The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 13, 2015, 08:23:27 PM »

Nah, I can't draw.

But why do it?

Live and let live.

I wouldn't Keith, of course!

But were the cartoons meant to make people unhappy?  Was Life of Brian or Four Lions meant to make people unhappy?

Life of Brian was funny and worthwhile.

I defy anyone to honestly state the Charlie Hebdo cartoons remotely make them smile.

To me anyway, they were drawn purely to antagonise Muslims.

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #163 on: January 13, 2015, 08:35:14 PM »

Nah, I can't draw.

But why do it?

Live and let live.

Just for the sake of debate Dan, where should the line be drawn?

Is this OK?

The older I get, the better I was.
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 13, 2015, 08:36:26 PM »

I see Charlie Hebdo is potentially going on sale in the UK tomorrow, not sure I'd want to stock it.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 ... 26 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: