blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:47:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272477 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Internet Poker
| | |-+  Online Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  Fancy a Micro MTT Punt?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fancy a Micro MTT Punt?  (Read 1654 times)
chelseaboy

View Profile
« on: January 10, 2015, 08:49:15 PM »

Evening all,

Not posted in here before, but have been a site regular for a number of years.... more of a reader than a poster. I have taken inspiration from Overtheborder and want to run something similar to him. I also used to read all the staking threads in here to see how people were getting on etc but its all gone a bit quiet on the staking front.

Background

My name is Sean, I have been playing poker for about 9 years on and off with some small success at times. I like many others have had issues with BRM, I have on numerous occasions spun up a small amount to a few K playing cash but always go looking for the biggest game possible and "spunk" the lot.
I recently got married on NYE and the proud father to a beautiful lil girl, due to life commitments I cant always play as much as I would like but I intend to play at least 3 sessions a week varying in length. I have a decent job on the railway where I work shifts so the times of these sessions will differ from week to week.

Stats

http://officialpokerrankings.com/pokerstars/CFC2012/poker/ratings/6012ADBAF7064AE48A97F08DC8DA23A9.html?t=3

Im not Pleno but I think I have it in me to land a score Smiley

Proposal

To play all small mtts available depending on the time of the session, I will only 3-6 table at a time and give regular updates on sessions, before, after and during. Where possible I will play the Storm and the Big $11. I will be playing a variety of normal, turbos, and hypers, 4, 6 and full ring games. In all re buys depending on stake I will allow myself up to $10 including add ons.

Bankroll

I am looking at an ABI of $5 and think $1000 would be a suitable opening roll being 200 buy ins.  10% of this I will be sticking up myself selling the remaining 90% a spot.

Volume

I have a wife a baby and a full time job.

I will typically play at least 3 sessions per week
I will be aiming for between 100 - 200 games per month
If I fail to achieve 100 games in a month, investors will have the option to buy out at full MU

Flexibility, shot taking and the nitty gritty

The stake will be rigid to the OP.  I think that is important to keep BRM in check.  If things develop well and people think increasing the stake or ABI is a good idea then it will be discussed and the OP changed. 

When going in profit I will split the money up and transfer it across but only if it is a suitable amount. I will probably do anything above $50 assuming everyone is OK with stars.

If you decide that you want to drop out without the bankroll going bust then I will require 48 hours notice to give time to find another backer. This is because if I am one backer short regardless of percentage it means I can't play as it is an admin nightmare. If I bust the roll it's likely that it may take a day or two to replace stakers as it takes time to contact people etc. For people who do not want to reload for whatever reason can sell their MU privately at whatever deal they want.

Backers

5% minimum investment please. I will be taking all funds on pokerstars (CFC2012) or bank transfer if necessary

5% = $50
10% = $100
20% = $200

90% Available

Flame away, happy to take feedback on things I need to do to improve this, preferably via PM to avoid a derail.

Sean # SIT EM DOWN 
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: