blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:27:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Congratulations Mr Fry
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Congratulations Mr Fry  (Read 3643 times)
MPOWER

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2015, 10:42:52 PM »

Lovely story, & I hope the marriage is as enduring as that of Elton & David.

Click to see full-size image.

Mate i don't see anything lovely about this.

Regards

M
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2015, 10:45:10 PM »

Why not? 

Personal opinion was it all happened a bit fast.  The age game was off putting but they are both consensual adults and so long as they are both happy that't the main thing.
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2015, 10:50:22 PM »

why is the age gap off putting?

If it was an older bloke with a younger woman everyone would be fist bumping him etc.

Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2015, 10:52:57 PM »

If it was an older bloke with a younger woman everyone would be fist bumping him etc.

I wouldn't. 

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2015, 11:11:25 PM »

Regards

M

Two people in love getting married, and you don't see anything lovely about it?

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2015, 11:23:36 PM »

I wouldn't. 

so why is the age gap off putting.

million you can actually develop a coherent argument not blindly based on prejudice.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2015, 11:29:03 PM »

personally i am not a fan of generation gap marriages cant see me ever getting married to someone even out with 10 years of my age
but thats my own personal choice

if it works for them then let them be IMHO

and all the best for a happy relationship

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2015, 11:33:02 PM »

I wouldn't. 

million you can actually develop a coherent argument not blindly based on prejudice.

I can't what they can possibly have in common.  The majority of occasions in which I know people who have got involved in relationships with large age gaps its failed. 

That's not to say this won't work, but I have major reservations. 

Million, your not a dick and always looking for ulterior motives in what people say.  But hey ho.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2015, 11:37:50 PM »

I wouldn't.  

I can't what they can possibly have in common.  The majority of occasions in which I know people who have got involved in relationships with large age gaps its failed.  

That's not to say this won't work, but I have major reservations.  

Million, your not a dick and always looking for ulterior motives in what people say.  But hey ho.

Aye in fairness I see both your points. If it was a rich old bloke/celeb marrying a young hot bird you would get comments from both sides (good lad fist bump/dirty old man). Can't see why it's any different just because it's a gay couple.

One of my best mates is gay and we were having this exact conversation the other week, as with straight couples there is no shortage of good looking young blokes willing to marry a rich older bloke. I think the technical term for an older gay guy liking younger guys is he likes 'chickens' lol

I'm a bear apparently  
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 11:44:27 PM by Woodsey » Logged
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2015, 11:43:56 PM »

two follow up questions:

(a) why do you care what they have in common?

(b) why do you care full stop when it can't possibly affect you in any meaningful way.

I have no particular ulterior motive. My, quite obvious, motive, is to react to the homophobic drivel in a way that hopefully changes some outdated and ridiculous worldviews.
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2015, 12:08:07 AM »

two follow up questions:

(b) why do you care full stop when it can't possibly affect you in any meaningful way.

I have no particular ulterior motive. My, quite obvious, motive, is to react to the homophobic drivel in a way that hopefully changes some outdated and ridiculous worldviews.

The last time I checked this was a forum, someone posted they didn't see anything lovely about this situation I aired my opinion.  It has nothing to do with "homophobic drivel"  I couldn't care less about their sexuality. 

I've a mate who's gay, his tendancy is he likes younger men in the 14 year or so we have been mates I have never seen any of those relationships work out.  I have other mates people I know fairly well who are in same sex relationships and when there is so much of an age gap they tend to last longer, same with people I know in hetrosexual relationships.  A good friend of mine is always chasing younger skirt, he's in his early 50's, I find it pretty off putting that he's chasing woman who are similar ages to his daughters, none of his relationships have worked out previously.  The longest relationship he has been in apart from his marriage has been his most recent one were the lady in question is 2 year younger. 

Incidentally I don't see why I should justify my reasons to you.  So away back into your corner. 

Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2015, 06:47:14 AM »

two follow up questions:

The last time I checked this was a forum, someone posted they didn't see anything lovely about this situation I aired my opinion.  It has nothing to do with "homophobic drivel"  I couldn't care less about their sexuality. 

I've a mate who's gay, his tendancy is he likes younger men in the 14 year or so we have been mates I have never seen any of those relationships work out.  I have other mates people I know fairly well who are in same sex relationships and when there is so much of an age gap they tend to last longer, same with people I know in hetrosexual relationships.  A good friend of mine is always chasing younger skirt, he's in his early 50's, I find it pretty off putting that he's chasing woman who are similar ages to his daughters, none of his relationships have worked out previously.  The longest relationship he has been in apart from his marriage has been his most recent one were the lady in question is 2 year younger. 

Incidentally I don't see why I should justify my reasons to you.  So away back into your corner. 

I think if someone is in a relationship with a much younger person because they're much younger - then it's not likely to work out.

This sounds like the case with the people you know - and it might well be the case with a lot of relationships with a large age gap.

I'm a bit biased but if a couple get together - like any couple might - and there just happens to be a big age gap then I'd have thought it was irrelevant. This is the internet age - it's pretty easy for people from different generations to like the same music, films etc. and to like doing the same things together - having the same cultural references in general. i.e. the other arguments about them having nothing in common need not apply.

Stephen Fry isn't particularly known for chasing youngsters, we don't know the other way around - but I think it's promising at least.

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2015, 12:20:32 PM »

Regards

M

Don't suppose you are alone John, there is still much prejudice about this sort of thing.

I think, 20 or 30 years ago, I might have agreed with you. Two blokes getting married? Ewww....

Now, not at all.

In an increasingly aggro world, where so many people are unhappy with their lot, it seems to me that if 2 people become happy, then thats fine by me, whatever the deal.

In the "celeb" world, more & more are "coming out", & not getting much negativity about it. Elton & David, Stephen & Elliott, Claire Balding & Alice, Sue Perkins & Anna Richardson. As "celebs" only represent a fraction of a per cent of the population, think how many "regular" (non-celeb) people must be doing the same.

Because of the high profile Celebs, it must be easier for the regular people to be seen as perfectly normal. That has to be a good thing, I'm quite sure.

Two people, doing their own thing, & being happy. I can't see a thing about that which is bad.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2015, 02:47:33 PM »

I'm fine with big age gaps.

Congrats to them both.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2015, 02:48:52 PM »

I'm fine with big age gaps.

Congrats to them both.