blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:59:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  2015 Diary- Family, Work, Poker and everything in-between
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2015 Diary- Family, Work, Poker and everything in-between  (Read 70397 times)
UgotNuts

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2015, 10:59:10 PM »

So decieded to head back down to the g in Luton after bricking the Wednesday comp, and managed to go through a 2 debuts and a re entry in the 45 plus one rebut add on Friday comp....

Level 2 50/100 siting with 16000 in the cut off. Utg makes it 300 to go getting called by everyone we get dealt a j104 flop holding kq, utg makes ut 2200 to go, and then gets shoved in immediately to his left two calls before he gets to me. With so much value I call off my stack with prompts the button and initial raiser calls. Ugt shows 104 for two pair shover shows a set of fours over call has 1010 next has 89 and the button shows q9... 2(action card) on the turn followed by a 8 and the button has 100k and living the life with 1000 bb. Is this a good  call for me? Not too sure.....

« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 11:12:07 PM by UgotNuts » Logged
UgotNuts

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2015, 11:40:57 PM »

So went off and re brought back in.... came to the new table and immediately called for my re buy to take me up to the 16K mark.... Now this must be a new record for me as I lasted exactly one hand.

Again in the Cut off, i see the following action in front of me at the 75/150 level. UTG limps in, UTG +1 folds and the rest in front of me call. I look down at 34 off and deiced 5-1 odds are good here so i come along. The button makes it 1050 to go and gets called buy both blinds. The rest of the table follow suit. (You can see where this is going from my last post!) (And yes this is the standard process of how raises are seen at Luton in every comp apart from from the monthly 100 buy in). The flop brings  .... All check to the raiser who makes it 3700 blinds fold and UTG flats.. rest fold to me. With about 14000 in the pot I decide to shove for my remaining 15K or so...... Call, Call i hear and I'm thinking what the hell could they have. I'm shown AA and KK and are loving life. K on the turn and I find myself drawing dead..... followed by and A on the river.

Slightly steaming, I immediately head for the door without saying my goodbyes to anyone.... (Sorry Ransom).

Not sure if I could of done anything differently, as I haven't  really found myself in those spots online.

Roll on the GUKPT main next week.... I might get to see flops heads up!
UgotNuts

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2015, 08:16:00 PM »

Come on the Blues, start my grind at the Vic with a win! Let me down last week with my bet so I thought I would try it again!
UgotNuts

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2015, 10:53:18 AM »

Decided for some early morning cash at the vic, expecting a few tables to be going. Just got here and with 1 table running and a waiting list...... Sigh
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2015, 10:56:01 AM »

Thanks, I'll have a butchers.

Are many blondes heading down to the vic next week?

Fingers crossed, I'll be there tomorrow for the Omaha 4/5/6 affair.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
UgotNuts

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2015, 11:00:37 AM »

Good luck Tikay, I'm tempted to join you in that and play the main day 1b it's just such a fun game!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2015, 11:05:10 AM »

Good luck Tikay, I'm tempted to join you in that and play the main day 1b it's just such a fun game!

I love it to bits, I really do.

Should warn you, if you go deep in it, you'll be there all night - literally.

Worse ways to spend a night, mind.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
UgotNuts

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2015, 07:52:01 PM »

So After an entertaining day grinding at the Vic posting a small profit for the days work, I thought i would go and enter into the main tomorrow. Now I planed on using one of my £550 GUKPT main seats which i won online as a part payment. This had been confirmed by Rory Cartwright (Online poker manager I believe) and I had brought the email with me (via my ipad). I proceed to try and use this as part payment and the very helpful lady(Honestly) advised that I'm not on any list and she is not aware of a Rory Cartwright.......

So Now I'm struck having to either pay the full fee (not something I really want to do) or missing out on the main which I have been looking forward to for the past few weeks...

I have emailed Rory a few hours ago and still have not had a reply, which is concerning as when i emailed before asking for the seat to be sent to the vic as part payment he responded within 20 mins. Perhaps he isn't in the office today!

UgotNuts

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2015, 08:52:53 PM »

Off home now.... unless I get a response from the online poker manager then I'm off to DTD for the Big game tournament.

Will be checking my account to ensure that my tokens are still on my account!

Will probally just pay Edinburgh and Reading if i don't get any luck with this.
UgotNuts

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2015, 07:07:12 PM »

It seems like this online self ban lasted all of about a month...

After I but of a reality check on what is required to turn a profit it MTT, I will be playing the day 1d online tonight. I was planing to play the on Friday/Saturday night, but it just seems to make sense to save costs and play a couple of online days if required.

I'll be playing on the old ipad so will post screen shots of me progress and discuss some (if any) interesting hands or spots.

I guess the old pro saying of cash games are their bread and butter is finally ringing home..... Must have a thick skull or something.
UgotNuts

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2015, 07:11:51 PM »

Let the grind begin... Well in a few hours :-)
UgotNuts

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2015, 10:31:48 PM »

So after starting on a manic opening table, Raise call calll re raise call call call.... I found kk and got it all in on a 10 5 5 flop and ran into a5 in a 3 bet pre flop pot... A quick k on the turn doubled me up before losing a medium pot with AJ against A7 in anther 3 bet pot, on an a710 flop and I had to pay off a river value bet. On first break time for a coffee.
UgotNuts

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2015, 12:32:39 AM »

so after the standard 2 hour first break, I chip up to about 90k before calling a 10k shove off the button in the small blind with kk and run into ak who gets there, back to 76 bb
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2015, 01:22:21 AM »

gl ugo!
UgotNuts

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2015, 01:32:25 AM »

Wow another hour already.... Flying by. Up and down level I chipped up to 200k mark mainly by getting ak vs ac of clubs on an k57 two clubs board and holding. I then proceeded to lose with AQ vs 84 and managed to cheque it on the river with top pair no over card. Then I abandoned my abc approach and tried to rep the ace on a AQ 7 x x board and failing to get kk to fold.

Before finding JJ and getting it in vs 10 10 and holding to make the break with 150k about 50 bigs

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 19 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: