blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:16:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  The secret diary of a nobody making it big..
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The secret diary of a nobody making it big..  (Read 31575 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2015, 09:01:46 AM »

Good luck with this Mr Nobody.

There is, quite reasonably, a degree of thinly veiled scepticism about this thread.

I have no idea who "Mr Nobody" is, but I have had a PM from one of THE most highly respected & totally trustworthy blondes who knows who it is, is aware of the backstory & details, & he assures me that the while thing is kosher.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2015, 09:08:16 AM »

There is, quite reasonably, a degree of thinly veiled scepticism about this thread.

I have no idea who "Mr Nobody" is, but I have had a PM from one of THE most highly respected & totally trustworthy blondes who knows who it is, is aware of the backstory & details, & he assures me that the while thing is kosher.

Was he riding a camel at the time?

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2015, 09:49:10 AM »

Was he riding a camel at the time?

The individual in question would look somewhat incongruous on a camel, I fear.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2015, 10:26:38 AM »

A surprising turn of events, but it increases the appetite to hear more of Mr Nobody's story.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
strak33

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2015, 10:45:57 AM »

Pretty sure his name is Martin Gale.
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2015, 01:45:12 PM »

Pretty sure his name is Martin Gale.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2015, 04:46:57 PM »

I'm not sure whether this is going to be horrific or epic.

Whatever, I'm subscribed.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2015, 05:21:56 PM »

Can we have some more updates please?! I was excited by this!

How's the training going?

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2015, 05:49:50 PM »

Can we have some more updates please?! I was excited by this!

How's the training going?

Mrnobody

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2015, 12:30:06 PM »

My first night of training wasn't easy.  So many hours staring at a screen can really start frying the eyes. The cards began imprinting on my iris'.
It's like a foreign language to me, but I have no choice but to learn this one so I'm hitting it head on. I'm a little out of my comfort zone, but comforts boring, there's time for that stuff when I'm old and decrepid. There's no time for negativity, no time for weakness.
My trainer was very patient and with it being my first night, he kept his cool completely, talking me through every decision, even though he had to repeat himself a million times. A very nice guy.
I went to bed feeling run down and confused with a very sore neck and a pulsing headache, so much for no weakness!
Tomorrow's a new day so I'm going to get up early, have some decent breakfast before having a little nap and getting straight back to training.

I woke up late and missed breakfast but it was ok, I felt really good. I made my way to the pool, black coffee in hand and had my first cig of the day. The sun beamed on me which made me feel even better. This is such a nicer start to the day than sitting on my door step at home shivering.
I grabbed a quick bit of lunch and headed back to training. I'm going to smash it today!
I had a good one to one session with my trainer, I was still missing obvious cards and making stupid decisions, but I was noticing them as soon as I made them which was a good sign. Again, I've never met such a patient guy, hour after hour he sat there, complelty focused, which made me work even harder. Today was good.
It got to 3 oclock in the morning and he called it a day. I showed tiredness in the bags under my eyes and was told to sleep.
I checked my phone to find some messages from home. It wasn't great. A couple of days in and all I was really recieving from home were comments saying they missed me and how shit they felt that I wasn't  there. I guess it's part of the dilemma of doing this work when you've got a family waiting at home. Am I a bad parent? All I can think is that "I'm  doing this for them, it's going to make life so much easier, it's only short term."
Me and my girlfriend ended up arguing through the negative comments, its not that I wanted her to suck it up and get on with it, obviously I want to know what she's thinking and feeling but not constantly about the bad stuff. If you start to dwell on negativity all the time it will make anyone ill! I needed support as much as she did but we said our peace and called it a day.
I laid in bed feeling shit again. Even if i could have them with me, this is no life for a family getting dragged around for. I must remain confident in myself and my decisions.

Every morning seems to be the same. I'd love to sleep in, but adjusting the body clock after so many years of school runs is difficult.
Sat looking over the water shimmering was hypnotic and hardly heard the waiter stood at the side of me. I turned my sore, stiff neck to see him looking very cheery, he was a nice guy and spoke hardly any English. "My friend, what you want?"
I ordered my black coffee, which again, he thought was quite strange and proceeded rolling a cig and continued to think.
I never even liked black coffee at home but it was a nice 'pick me up' here. Thank you coffee god!
The first thing I had to do was sort out the argument from the night before, it wasn't fully resolved and I couldn't function with bad feelings. There's no place for bad feelings miles apart from each other, life's too short.
As soon as she answered, she apologised for what had happened, I apologied for being snappy and we got on with talking about the good times.
I felt awesome, especially after a little chat with my mentor at home. He always knew how to put my mind back on the right track and gave me more encouragment to keep focused.
I jumped straight back in to training on my own. I focused. I had my head phones in and went through each card slowly like I was reading it pixel by pixel. It was clicking. My errors were low, confidence sky hign and after two hours, I had to take a break, not from fatigue but from disbelief at how well I was doing.  Was I dreaming?
Another coffee and a cig, I headed back to my room to find it full. My trainer sat down with me and I explained my success. He looked really pleased and asked me to show him.......I fell to pieces like I'd never played......what's going on.....he looked at me like I had been cheating before. This isn't good.
We went out for some food, a change of scenery will help.
The food was nice but made me feel sick. Another few hours of training with pain in my gut had the same results. Not good. I put it down to being tired and then after more stupid mistakes, I put it down to being colour blind. And then shape blind. He laughed and just said I was completely blind.

The morning after I feel good, still keeping my positivity. Drinking more black coffee and thinking of happy times at home. Today is the day I impress. I'm the under dog. But I know in myself I can do this. I'm not stupid by any means, just a little careless, need to keep focus. As I thought this, out of no where, the sun broke through the clouds warming my shivering legs, I think it's time to walk. Back to my room I head. This is it. Time to kick some arse!

Peace and love.
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2015, 01:22:24 PM »

I woke up late and missed breakfast but it was ok, I felt really good.

*Celtic unsubscribes*
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2015, 01:37:57 PM »

Certainly reads more like a book in the making than a real life quest. Goodluck which ever it is.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2015, 01:45:07 PM »

I woke up late and missed breakfast but it was ok, I felt really good.

*Celtic unsubscribes*

Cheesy

Mrnobody

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2015, 02:43:08 PM »

Certainly reads more like a book in the making than a real life quest. Goodluck which ever it is.

Haha cheers, still in the early days.

Good things come to those who wait......

I'll wait to update when things get moving more
NEWY

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2015, 05:04:55 PM »

I feel like this is the biggest tease ever... More info please.  How many people needed to do this?  Why are u the chosen 1 to be trusted with $500k of backers money?  If your training is on comp can u not just do the thing ur training for online?  How much do u hope to earn? Will u be sellin an e-book if it works? GL hope u get what u want from it, sounds an exciting time of life whatever the outcome.  Gl gl gl
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: